Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJurd420
Stranger
DATURA -- Expected Shrooms, Got "Jimson Weed"
    #4641369 - 09/10/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

First off, i've tripped on mushrooms 5 times, and LSD twice. So far every trip i had taken was great. It had been a couple months since my friends and I came across some mushrooms until last Tuesday. The mushrooms came in chocolate from a friend of a friend. When he gave them to us he said be careful not to eat too much or you might OD. In my head i was thinking "you cant OD from mushrooms!", but i simply let it slip, not giving it a second thought. There was my first mistake.

As my friend and I ate the chocolate together, he noticed a black seed fall out of his onto the ground. After searching for a minute he found it and identified it as a "Jimson Seed". He had taken them once before but i had no experience with them, nor had I studied them. He said they make you trip and they are a seed that grows in the wild. Didnt sound too bad to me, I figured they were mixed in with the mushrooms to give a good trip or something. However, there was nothing in these expensive candy bars but cheap chocolate and jimson seeds.

After i ate the chocolate i went to my girlfriends for about an hour. I started feeling pretty crazy over there, and i had an EXTREMELY hard time pissing even though i had to go bad. I told her i had to be home and left.

I went back to my friends house and ask him if he felt anything yet, he said not really. However my other friends there told me that he seemed like he was "trippin hard". This is when i started to notice his posters coming from the wall, little white things flying around peoples heads, and some other intense visuals. I stood up and felt like gravity times 5 was pushing down on me.

Before i tell you of this next part, I in no way recommend driving during a trip, EVER. I would never do such a thing and am usually a very careful drug user. But i left. I was starting to feel so fucked up and just left. The ride home was intense. In the distance on the road there were always people. Sometimes running around and playing with each other. However whenever i approached them, they would turn out to be mailboxes and stop signs. That is all i remember of the drive home.

OK, i walk into my house. I honestly cant say what i did after this. All i remember is bits and pieces of the night. I kept my parents awake from about 2:30 in the morning on. I thought i was having a party at my house. All of my closes ts friends and my girlfriend were all over. These were all hallucinations. I was tripping so hard that i wasn't even aware that i was under the influence of any kind of drug.

I would run into my mom and think it was my girlfriend and even call her by my girlfriends name and hug her. I thought my dad was a co-worker from work and told him about how a few nights ago i did some coke for free. Apparently i flushed an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet and clogged it without even having any memory of being in the bathroom.

The next morning my parents said we were going to the hospital. When we got in the jeep i completely forgot what we were doing. I thought two of my friends were sitting in the front seat and i thanked them for getting me away from my crazy parents.

Even in the emergency room i would see paint flying off the walls spiraling all through the room, and would hallucinate holding a pipe or a cig in my hand and i would take a nice long drag, blow out the smoke, look at my hands, and nothing would be there.

The rest of the trip is pretty much the same events happening all through the next day until night. I am sharing this story with you to let you know that "Jimson Seeds" from the Datura plant are NOT A PARTY DRUG. They are very dangerous and i feel i am extremely lucky i did not die that night. They made me admit everything i had been hiding from my parents to them for the past year without even knowing it was my parents i was talking to.

--------------------
The next morning my parents said we were going to the hospital. I thought two of my friends were sitting in the front seat and i thanked them for getting me away from my crazy parents.
Even in the emergency room i would see paint flying off the walls spiraling all through the room, and would hallucinate holding a pipe or a cig in my hand and i would take a nice long drag, blow out the smoke, look at my hands, and nothing would be there.
---Myself, poisoned by datura sold as mushroom chocolates

Edited by Jurd420 (09/11/05 02:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Trip gone horribly wrong [Re: Jurd420]
    #4641419 - 09/10/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Damn dude. Are your parents pissed? Any legal problems yet? Lasting effects?

OfflineJurd420
Stranger
Re: Trip gone horribly wrong [Re: prefloppro]
    #4641424 - 09/10/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah they're definately pissed. No legal problems, they just made me swear to stay sober ect. It seems like its harder for me to get high with weed now, but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. My vision was blurry for a couple days afterward, which is common with jibson weed.

--------------------
The next morning my parents said we were going to the hospital. I thought two of my friends were sitting in the front seat and i thanked them for getting me away from my crazy parents.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Jurd420]
    #4641519 - 09/10/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:eek:

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!

What a horrible trick has been played. "Jibson seeds"http://files.shroomery.org/files/04-35/378643448-datura_stramonium_toxic.jpg>

You had no trip of any sort, you had a TOXIC DELIRIUM. And it didn't go horribly wrong, in fact it went remarkably well for someone given Datura under the guise of a psychedelic.
You have been severely poisoned. You could have died in fact.

On your experiences I believe you had about ten times the maximum medical dose of 375mcg Hyoscyamine. Usually they give about thirty times less than what you probably had, thats one month's worth of bowel tabs in one go.

Quote:

I would run into my mom and think it was my girlfriend and even call her by my girlfriends name and hug her. I thought my dad was a co-worker from work and told him about how a few nights ago i did some coke for free. Apparently i flushed an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet and clogged it without even having any memory of being in the bathroom.

Quote:

Before i tell you of this next part, I in no way recommend driving during a trip, EVER. I would never do such a thing and am usually a very careful drug user. But i left. I was starting to feel so fucked up and just left.

You are forgiven. At that time you were literally insane, stark raving psychotic by a poisonous dose of Tropane Alkaloids. You could've died or gone into convulsions.

The following quote is so typical that I hope someone (you?) puts it in his signature.

Quote:

---Jurd420, poisoned by datura sold as mushroom chocolates

Damn that FOAF! You wanted an entheogen and you got a poison instead. Please realize that this could've injured or killed you and make sure that that FOAF understands that he poisoned you and that you'll turn him in with the cops if you catch him selling that shit again.
You probably won't have to, but please DO make the threat to prevent further poisonings. No matter what he thinks, reality is that he poisoned you and that he really should've known that.

Thank your lucky stars things went like they went. The Datura could have killed you. During the period of toxic psychosis you could not help but drive (you were insane after all) and this couldve killed you. Perhaps you didn't drive at all: your reality might have been so warped that that was all a dream. On top of that the Demons could've dragged you off to Hell, causing the great-grandmother of bad trips which could've left you with an anxiety disorder or something to that effect.

But what did happen:
---You got poisoned, but likely without lasting ill effects.
---You scared the liquid shit out of your parents and your relationship with them is lastingly affected.
---You got taken to the ER, your medical record now says "datura poisoning/drug use" and there's a bill to pay.

OK, the first weeks you will have difficulty concentrating, focussing (eyes) and going about life. Take it easy. Your brain has been dealt a blow not unlike Mike Tyson slugging you on the forehead (hence your poor memory of the trip, it's a choline story really but basically you got a punch to the head) so you got to take it easy. Weird stuff might still happen every now and again, or your mind might clog up and just don't "get it", even if "it" is the refrigerator door. Go with it. It likely will be mild and will probably fade soon.

Make it EXTREMELY clear to your FOAF that you turn him in to the cops if you catch him selling/giving away that shit again. You said it yourself: you could have died, you were taken to the ER with severe poisoning symptoms.

Hey, take good care of yourself, and let us know how you're doing.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (09/10/05 10:43 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Asante]
    #4641556 - 09/10/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^ Wiccan speaks the truth

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTheDeadShaman
Fellow Traveller
Loc: Chicago, IL
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: dblaney]
    #4641997 - 09/10/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You really need to talk to the person who gave you that and make sure they don't give it to anybody else. That is straight up bullshit, datura is not something to mess with. People like this ruin the drug trade.

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: TheDeadShaman]
    #4642107 - 09/10/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You should run your car right through his house and tell him you couldn't help it because you went insane.

MOD EDIT: how about announcing by cellphone that you're insane and you can't help driving into his house, then put the house in the headlights and start the car? Seriously, no violent advice please.

Edited by Wiccan_Seeker (09/10/05 02:04 PM)

OfflineZeus133
doctor

Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4642171 - 09/10/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

How is your friend that ate them too.

--------------------
"when you lose small mind you free your life, when you free your life eternal prize" sytem of a down

"i want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live" queens of the stone age

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4642175 - 09/10/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, what a completly uncool thing to do to somebody, glad you made it out ok man. I would crack that kid in the jaw with a wooden bat, but if your the pacifist type just break his leg instead of his face.

MOD EDIT: what a completly uncool thing to do to somebody;) alas violence cannot undo what happened. It's against Shroomery spirit too.

Edited by Wiccan_Seeker (09/10/05 01:59 PM)

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4642260 - 09/10/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wiccan speaks the truth. You had Jimson seeds not Jibson and you werent tripping, you were delerious off of a posion. I had a hefty dose (about .5 of a pod) when I was 17 and it was extremly an unpleasent experience. Your disappearing people definatly struck a chord. I had a friend who ate a whole pod and almost died, he was in the hospital for a few weeks.

Not a very cool thing for a persin to do to you.

EDIT: disappearing smokes brings me back too. Id get to the filter and take my last drag and the butt would just disentigrate into nothing. Same thing with chews too. WORST DRY MOUTH EVER and everything up close is so blurry.

Glad you didnt get hurt and hope theres no long lasting reprocussions

Edited by Gratos (09/10/05 01:33 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4642272 - 09/10/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd stick it to whoever sold you the "muhrooms" and let everyone know about it so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4642300 - 09/10/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

... Take a brick, tie it to a rope, find this FOAF, well, you see where I'm going with this.

MOD EDIT: I hope it's not a felony, nor against Shroomery spirit.

Edited by Wiccan_Seeker (09/10/05 02:01 PM)

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: StickyWater]
    #4642427 - 09/10/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow glad your ok man. that shit sounds incredibly intense. NOT a cool thing to do to someone AT ALL.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4642512 - 09/10/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dude you have no idea just how lucky you are.... ive read on erowid that 10mg of jimson weed can be a pleasant experience for some, but 12mg can kill those same people.

dude...always buy your ingredients FIRST and then make brownies/chocolate bars. not to mention you should kick the shit out of the guy that sold those to you...

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: DATURA -- Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Jurd420]
    #4642566 - 09/10/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Holy crap. What kind of fucked up individual would do something like that??... It's almost unbelievable that someone would actually put Datura into chocolates then sell them as shrooms. What a terrible thing to do!

Thanks for sharing that experience with us. I'm glad you're okay.

By the way, excellent post, Wiccan  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: DATURA -- Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Jurd420]
    #4642618 - 09/10/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry to hear about that, but I'm glad you're more or less okay. I believe I'd be wanting to teach whoever sold you that a well-deserved lesson on why you shouldn't sell Jimson weed seeds as mushrooms.

And lastly, this is why I never do or purchase anything unless I can actually see what I'm getting. You just can't trust some people...

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: DATURA -- Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4649197 - 09/12/05 03:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bastards. It's those people that give people of Earthen substances a bad name.

OfflineJurd420
Stranger
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: Zeus133]
    #4649327 - 09/12/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Zeus133 said:
How is your friend that ate them too.

My friend is doing fine...Though i haven't really hung out with him since. The only person my parents have let me go out to see has been my girlfriend, who called off work and school on the day i went to the hospital because she was so worried about me.

Apparently i was calling her before she had school saying some fucked up shit and she became so emotional she had to call off. If it wasn't for her this would have been alot harder to get through.

Anyway, my friend had the same experiences, such as partying with people that weren't there and disappearing cigs. However, when he went upstairs and started acting delirious in front of his mother she didn't take him to the hospital.

Also it seems like he has told alot of people about what happened to us, since we both missed the second day of college because we couldn't read anything the next day and were still having hallucinations. I don't really appreciate everyone knowing that i was out with more than just the "flu".

It has almost been a week and I've really just been trying to take it easy and let my body recover from the datura. Thank you for all of your concern.

--------------------

Edited by Jurd420 (09/12/05 07:54 AM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4651660 - 09/12/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly I'd go straight to him and ask him the truth about what he sold, ask if he made it himself or if he just bought it from someone else. If this was done deliberately by him and he knew how bad of a drug datura was, go straight to the cops without giving him a "if you i see you doing this again" warning.

Datura is not something you mess around with, ever.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineJurd420
Stranger
Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: leery11]
    #4652153 - 09/12/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Update. Today i discovered the person who sold these to me is now in jail. He was arrested Friday giving my friend that ate the jimson seeds a ride to work. The cops had a warrant out for his arrest. Although i was supposed to get my money back, I find it just as satisfying knowing that he is behind bars.

--------------------

Offlinewaterboytbc
Stranger
Re: DATURA -- Expected Shrooms, Got "Jimson Weed" [Re: Jurd420]
    #9028534 - 10/04/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

SOUNDS ALOT LIKE AN "ANGEL TRUMPET" TRIP BUT WAY MORE FUCKING INTENSE ..
YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER WENT HOME. YOURE MOST LIKELY LUCKY THINGS DIDNT GO EVEN WORSE.

BUT ANGEL TRUMPET IS FUN TOO AND SORT OF A DOWNER,IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED IT. JUST DONT GET IT IN YOUR EYES YOU WILL GO BLIND

Offlinenotorius gib
naturalist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Oregon
    #9028630 - 10/04/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: he's behind bars. good to hear.
glad you and your friend are ok.:D

--------------------
I'd rather be a human than a person

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Expected Shrooms, Got "Jibson Weed" [Re: notorius gib]
    #9028659 - 10/04/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

3 year bump FTW.

:banana:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds