Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Winter Fruiting Chamber Heating
    #4641210 - 09/10/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

As we are coming up to Winter I'd be interested to hear what UK growers use for heating their fruiting chambers. I realize that most people on this board don't bother with heating, but with average Winter temps here being only 4-5c there would be know way mushrooms could grow in that climate right?

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Edited by cubeladd (09/10/05 11:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

Re: Winter Fruiting Chamber Heating [Re: cubeladd]
    #4641312 - 09/10/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

well I have an electric blanket in my incubaton box and the heat from that keeps my fruiting chamberwhich is on top just right. also you could use an extra bulb or something.

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Winter Fruiting Chamber Heating [Re: cubeladd]
    #4641326 - 09/10/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It gets really cold where I am too, and is sometimes hard to keep the temp up in the winter months.

What I did, that has worked out very well for me is 1. have the terrarium in a room that is 80F. and 2. I put the cheapest fish tank heater you could buy in my bowl where the bubbler is bubbling water. It allows the bubbler to bubble warm water wich really helps with RH and picks up the temp a bit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation