Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

GT shrinking by the flush
    #4637599 - 09/09/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The backyard bed thread ?Hot for Teacher? has been a literal cornucopia of fruiting power and I am very thankful at this point. I have however noticed a size shrinkage of fruits throught the flushes. The first flush put out some rediculously gigantic mushrooms, many weighing in at 6-7 grams dry. Second flush size was definitely smaller, with more tight colonies of smaller fruits. Third flush has pinned promisingly, but the mushrooms never get more than 2 inches tall, with a fat base. There are many fruits they are all just minature! Have the heavy earlier flushes used up most of the nutrients, resuting in little fuel to go on for the little guys? I have also noticed with the cool nights and lower humidity of fall ? instead of the caps being moist and slimy, some are dry and even slightly cracked. Could lower humidity have a big effect on size like this? The bed has yielded far over 3lbs dry at this point??.so I am not so worried about output, just more curious about the life cycle of this most interesting fungus. Any similar experiences or imput is much appreciated- First 2 pics are first flush, 3 and 4 are third flush-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GT shrinking by the flush [Re: deva1]
    #4637628 - 09/09/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It happens. Mushrooms fruit how they want when they want.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineatomheartmother
MotivationalSpeaker

Re: GT shrinking by the flush [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4637649 - 09/09/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

WOW, i'd like to know over what time span has this happened? I find it very interesting the soil nutrients is that depleted. i wonder what would happen if you put down a thin layer of organic soil/poo mixture and peatmos and lightly watered (after you of course you picked everything)

--------------------
"When you die you're going to mushroom purgatory where the fungus will torment you for not taking better care of them. You will be eternally haunted by fungal nightmares."

Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GT shrinking by the flush [Re: atomheartmother]
    #4640476 - 09/10/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good - I figured it was just part of a natural pattern. All fruits look really healthy, just smaller. They are all mushrooms after all........curvy, lanky, minature fatasses and the like, I'm just happy to have em' Atom - I'm not really sure that the nutrients did run out, I lightly cased it with a coir/verm mix after big flushes, and it seemed to respond well. I also put a light organic alfalfa fert on after the second flush - think the analysis was 2-3-2. Appreciate the replys-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder