Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXxMaDxX
Leet Shroomer
Loc: New Mexico
Bad trips suck
    #4638281 - 09/09/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone ever had a bad trip?? plz tell me your story...

I had one befor and it was the scaries thing in my life i saw my friends faces steaching and stuff and i saw my fingers grow up and out and bing and contort like they where breaking.... omg that scared me and i saw my legs morph together into one i was like OMG

and its the dumbest thing when you feel that you have hair in your mouth and it never goes away and you try to get it out but you cant
:thumbdown: so i havent touched shrooms sense and i dont really have a craving to do them again... i used to love them too but that just turned me off to them... and i was with about 3 other people and they thought i was a complete dumbass cuss i was freakin so bad

--------------------
-Why is my toilet morphing!?-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Bad trips suck [Re: XxMaDxX]
    #4638285 - 09/09/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bad trips can be absolutely invaluable when you look at them from a future perspective. In fact, they're the healthiest way I can think of to learn to accept the value of all your bad experiences in life.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineXxMaDxX
Leet Shroomer
    #4638289 - 09/09/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

PS: and i was trippin so bad i forgot what reality was like and i thought i would be in this "hell" forever and i just wanted it to end and it never would... I Really considered killing myself.. it sound dumb but i was tripping so bad i just NEEDED it to end

--------------------

OfflineXxMaDxX
Leet Shroomer
    #4638294 - 09/09/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ wtf no dude this scared the shit out of me i didnt learn shit from that. well maby one thing to stay away from the shrooms...

--------------------

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4638358 - 09/09/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You might not quite be looking hard enough if you found nothing of value out of it. Scary/terrifying expriences are just as valuable and positive ones.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4638375 - 09/09/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hm, this is sort of why i dont want to take a high dose.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #4638465 - 09/09/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My advice to you is to not take mushrooms anymore, if in fact youre going to view these experiences with such a dull-minded attitude.

You think you had a bad trip huh? I had one two weeks ago that sent me on a stretcher to my local hospital's trauma ward...needless to say it was one of the more frightening experiences of my life, HOWEVER I can also tell you that Ive learned PLENTY of beneficial things from that experience.

Maybe you need to reflect some more on 'how and why' you had such a "bad trip". Feeling like there's "hair in your mouth" or seeing your legs morph together doesnt in my mind constitute a 'bad trip'. Maybe psychedelics arent good for you anymore? Maybe your brain isnt suited for tripping? I dont really know, none of us do. Youve got to do some serious thinking/meditating/reflecting on this matter.

Good luck.

{Peace}

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Bad trips suck [Re: Soularize]
    #4638470 - 09/09/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with Soularize completely.

You're focused on the tactile/sensory experiences of your trips. You need to reflect on the meaning behind that.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Bad trips suck [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4638483 - 09/09/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bad trips are purely negative psychologly. You can talk yourself out of any bad trip. Just be positive.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: Bad trips suck [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4638712 - 09/09/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I ate 11 grams cubensis last week. I had a similar trip as you described. I was super confused and had plenty of self morfing visuals, but here's the kicker, i physically couldn't stand up, i had to just lay and watch this. I could not tell if my eyes were open or closed. itas hard for me to let go and I was hanging onto my ego for dear life. But once I was able to put my heart and trust behind the experience I went places I have never gone and it has been the most knowledgable trip I have had to date. Anyways, my point is you need to put trust in the mushrooms, trust what they are letting you see, and fuck your friends, you are TRIPPING its ok to act wierd, there really is no other choice.

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
Re: Bad trips suck [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #4638912 - 09/09/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone has a bad trip eventually, it's inevitable. Though some take longer than others to overcome, you have to move past it and get over it. Look back and think about why it may have happened.

Were you in any uncomfortable situations, like a place that maybe you didnt feel too safe or comfortable?

Were you with any people that you don't know or trust too well?

If set/setting and everything was just right for you, and the trip just happened to steer in the negative direction, maybe your mindset wasn't right. Did you go in with a negative attitude at all? Granted, nobody eats shrooms and hopes for a bad trip, but I think bad ones are just as if not more beneficial mentally than positive ones. Of course in the midst of the bad ones you don't see them as more beneficial :smirk: but in retrospect.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Bad trips suck [Re: Sinistral]
    #4638937 - 09/09/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

How long does it take you to 'get over' an average bad trip?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Bad trips suck [Re: Limelight]
    #4638938 - 09/09/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

And also, how are you different when you 'arent over it.' are you more antisocial, lazy, cant sleep or what?

--------------------

Offlinenickspurs
Back from the dead...
Male

Loc: Cambridge, UK Flag
    #4638963 - 09/09/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

XxMaDxX said:
PS: and i was trippin so bad i forgot what reality was like and i thought i would be in this "hell" forever and i just wanted it to end and it never would... I Really considered killing myself.. it sound dumb but i was tripping so bad i just NEEDED it to end

i been through this exact thing too, but i didn't even think i could kill myself, i didn't know what being dead was, i thought i would exist forever (maybe i will - i fucking hope not) and i could never get out of it (whatever it is?)

bad trips are definately not good. and to people who learn stuff from them and can take positieves, good for you, i'm glad you did, i wish i could. all it has done has put me through hell. if your interested you can read my story here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4623269/an/0/page/3

take it easy man, and everybody  :heart:

--------------------
Cambridge born. Well travelled. Still learning life...

Twitter: @nickyb1982

My YouTube Channel

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Bad trips suck [Re: Soularize]
    #4638984 - 09/09/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:
My advice to you is to not take mushrooms anymore, if in fact youre going to view these experiences with such a dull-minded attitude.

Feeling like there's "hair in your mouth" or seeing your legs morph together doesnt in my mind constitute a 'bad trip'. Maybe psychedelics arent good for you anymore? Maybe your brain isnt suited for tripping?

Word.

Soularize: in my experience, before i was over my bad trip, i felt a little traumatised.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4638988 - 09/09/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Those really aren't questions someone else can answer. How would you be the next day if you spent six hours experiencing tangible anxiety? Pure, unrefined fear? Or simple panic? What if the experience was actually being stuck in a thought loop about something that you couldn't come up with an answer to?

If you still couldn't think about it or figure it out the next day, would you be preoccupied with it? Would you laze around the house trying to ignore it? Or would you go out and try to have fun to put it out of your mind?

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleSubGen1us

#4639043 - 09/09/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i suggest trying them again just a lower dose.
keep it around 2 grams and u shouldnt have a really huge morphing effect.
it will be more of a wavy brain fart type feeling with a nice body buzz.
so hard to explain.
2 grams is just enough to make me float between levels.
u never get any big body morphs on 2 grams, maybe slightly but ive never had to hop
around on one leg.

sorry to hear u had a bad trip.
honestly the more u do it the better u get.
if that makes sence.

--------------------

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
    #4639089 - 09/09/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
How long does it take you to 'get over' an average bad trip?

Quote:

Limelight said:
And also, how are you different when you 'arent over it.' are you more antisocial, lazy, cant sleep or what?

Well everyone is different. I have a friend who had a negative experience for his first trip and he has sworn up and down that he'll never touch mushrooms again, and he hasn't. Been about two years.

Me on the other hand, have had a handful of bad experiences. But I take the next few weeks to look back on them, figure out what they meant, why they happened, etc. And realize that it was just a trip, and I don't let it interfere with my day to day life.

Some people just deal better than others, but when you're trip begins to go bad just remember to tell yourself, it's all in your head and everything will be better in the morning, you aren't going to die (then laugh at yourself for thinking it), take a deep breath grab the wheel and start steering towards the good times  :smirk:

Edited by Sinistral (09/09/05 05:59 PM)

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Bad trips suck [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4639105 - 09/09/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Bad trips can be absolutely invaluable when you look at them from a future perspective. In fact, they're the healthiest way I can think of to learn to accept the value of all your bad experiences in life.

It's really true. The experience itself is horrible and often very painful to go through, but afterwards it can be immensely beneficial. Life-changing for the better if you really think about why you had a bad trip, and start making positive changes based on that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom