Home | Community | Message Board


RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMushroomDave
Stranger
Registered: 11/12/01
Posts: 21
Last seen: 15 years, 3 days
Safe to Eat?
    #463671 - 11/19/01 07:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know I posted this on the contamination forum but no one ever answers those. Please help!

My first casing ever just got contaminated. There is a small amount of green mold(looks like bread mold) and some non mycelium looking white stuff that I think is mold. None of it is touching any of the actual mushroooms. I picked all of them including just the pinheads right after i saw the molds. Are these safe to eat?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
Registered: 11/14/01
Posts: 439
Last seen: 14 years, 2 months
Re: Safe to Eat? [Re: MushroomDave]
    #463680 - 11/19/01 07:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, i'm just a newb shroom cultivator, but everything i've read up to this point sais if you see ANY sign of contams in your jars, throw it out! It's not worth getting sick or dying over. Just grow another jar. :) Be safe! There can always be more shrooms, but only one of you!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Registered: 01/30/99
Posts: 169
Last seen: 14 years, 10 months
Re: Safe to Eat? [Re: MushroomDave]
    #463701 - 11/19/01 08:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think you're safe. When the green mold hits the shroom you know about it. I believe I have followed this practise and consumed shrooms off green contaminated cakes. Oh yeh.. and green mold isn't that dangerous (unless you're allergic to penacillin).


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* opinions on safe to eat or not... atamanaut 614 3 08/06/04 02:20 AM
by KillBill
* safe to use contaminated cultures in outdoorbed???????
( 1 2 all )
flushme 1,928 21 03/27/07 04:58 PM
by flushme
* eating the cake? dalorean 1,336 10 05/13/02 09:42 AM
by dalorean
* Green mold on cake in PMP Greg3427 1,084 10 03/09/07 11:06 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Casing developed about an inch of green mold overnight... Velocity92C 1,094 13 09/25/06 06:06 PM
by allnatural
* Safe to eat? 8bit 454 5 01/26/06 06:08 PM
by StopGo
* Is this safe Troi 455 4 02/26/06 12:22 PM
by roby000
* Safe Mushrooms? knifeprty6 902 9 05/21/06 04:40 PM
by fastfred

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, Prisoner#1, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, EvilMushroom666, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl
666 topic views. 24 members, 69 guests and 40 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.