Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Humidity Meter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
What do You Guys Think?
    #4636203 - 09/09/05 01:21 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Just bouthg ta vicks vaporizer for the humidifier..it was cheapest, but i read somebody else has used it before so i grabbed it..I also got a pump & filter kit which says it will remove harmful gases, olers, and discoloration...supposed to be used for fish tanks..will this work?? I got a digital humidity and temperature monitor, and 8 feet of airline tubing... i have 2 30 gallon sterlite tubs..one is completely dark and not able to seen through, i was planning on using this for incubation, and i have a clear/opaque one ima use for fruiting, which is what i plan on hooking all this up too? am i missing anything right now?

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do You Guys Think? [Re: KingCactus]
    #4636495 - 09/09/05 02:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I like the coolmist chambers but more for a martha size thing for rubbermade containers I like these

Put two airstones in a rubbermade size of your choosing.    hook up your hoses and put in the geo-lite or hydroton ( lava rock will work, it is much cheeper but weighs a ton). I ran them threw the side.  I added the geolite 4 inches deep and water till it was an inch from the top    . Plug in hoses    ad cakes and go.  
  I hope this helps someone.  :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Loc: Looking down from above.
Re: What do You Guys Think? [Re: Magash]
    #4636536 - 09/09/05 02:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice setup. Excellent job!

--------------------
As my pupils fluttered and tried to fly out of my skull I asked myself, "Is THIS what you want?".
Screaming until my lungs bled, I simply replied "No!"

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: What do You Guys Think? [Re: bleedforthis]
    #4636550 - 09/09/05 02:32 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

am I missing something magz, or is this not your old PMP? Did you change something?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: What do You Guys Think? [Re: ADoobie]
    #4636904 - 09/09/05 05:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wow..that was informative..thanx..so i can use what i got....so even with a humidifier..i still need water on the base of the terranium then.

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4637377 - 09/09/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok first off, that is his old PMP, and it uses an air pump for a fish tank, with a bubblewant under the stones and water. Thats one way to set up a tub.

Or you can remove the airpump, stones and water, and just hook up a humidifier. However, a VAPORIZOR, is NOT a humidifier. The water out of the vape will be VERY VERY HOT..you cant hold your hand above it, its like steam...they dont work..bought two of them myself and now have them sitting here.

You could do Magashs PMP setup without it, and just use the airpump you have though.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: What do You Guys Think? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4637859 - 09/09/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

okay...i guess ima take the vaporizer back...had a wierd feeling when i bought it anyways, like somebody was gonna tell me this..but its all good. i'll get a regular humidifier for 10 more bucks.no problem.. So having a humidifier and air pump with filter for fishtank will work?? I wont need to put all the stuff at the bottom of the chamber?

by the way, im doing cakes for my first run...i was told after the cakes are done fruiting and I harvest them..in order to get another couple of flushes, im going to have to soak in spring water for 24 hrs..crumble up, and cover with a substrate? is this correct?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4637901 - 09/09/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You need one or the other...fish pump with airstones at the bottom (like Magashs PMP), or the humidifier (not a wick style either, with a big fan, you need an IMPELLER cool mist..I got two wick humidifiers sitting here too that do no good, yes I have 11 humidifiers total :rolleyes:)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4639702 - 09/09/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hrmm...this is getting confusing...so if I just get a humidifier...i can burn a hole in the side of the tub..stick a tube in and connect to the humidifier..and just make sure the humidity level is around 90 percent and temperature around 88 or so?....

is this right..sorry if i seem stupid...i just got off a 12 hour shift and i am kinda tired..this is what i can figure out from these posts.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4641772 - 09/10/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yes thats right..the humidifier may not keep humidity that high, cool mists arent the best at that...but that is the proper way to hook up a humidifier.

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4642025 - 09/10/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

what about the ultrasonic humidifier.?? i'm either going to get the cool mist or the ultrasonic..which would do my terranium better.??

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4642104 - 09/10/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There is no better humidifier. Cool mists provide ALOT of air exchange (needed) and a little humidity. Ultrasonics provide little air exchange and WAYYYY more humidity then youd ever need (so they require a timer). Theyre really are a pair, HOWEVER..you could get away with JSUT a cool mist, if your ambiant humidity isnt very low and depending on the size of the chamber and how well its sealed. Theres no way for anyone to know if the cool mist alone will be enough for until you hook it up and see.

An ultrasonic alone will never be good though, because it doesnt provide air exchange.

Your really complicating things alot. You need two major things..good humidity, and lots of fresh air while maintaining the humidity..how you go about it is up to you but there are dozens of ways. As long as you have fresh air pumped in and your humidity guage says your good, then your good..if not, then you need to change something. We cant guess which way will work for you though, to many variables..thats why the chamber should be setup in advance so it can be tweaked.

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4642503 - 09/10/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well hrmmm...i have an airpump and filter also...maybe i will hook up a ultrasonic with an air pump and try the setting...thanx ..and yea i am setting it up ahead of schedule.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4642579 - 09/10/05 05:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There ya go, that combo should work too :smile:

5 shrooms for trying the setup in advanced :p

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4643865 - 09/10/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanx..if i have anymore questions about this..i will be posting..but thanx for info so far.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Humidity Meter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation