Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Straw vs. Car & Straw Won
    #4634410 - 09/08/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, I bought a small bail of wheat straw from a farm supply store just now.  They had a stack of them outside, I sized it up and the price was good, $3.49.  After paying for it I pulled my car up next to the bails, popped my trunk and proceeded to put it in the trunk.  Hmm, it doesn't fit, well into the passenger's seat you go bail.  This is a 4-5'x2'x2' bail, no plastic wrapping, just string to hold it together.  I shoved it in the car like I usually have to do with bodies in the trunk, probably looking like a complete nutjob.  Well, the bail is sitting outside and I now have to vacuum out my car.  I learned something today, buy a frickin pickup, neons aren't meant for haulin straw.  Now, anyone wanna come help chop & pasteurize some straw?  Peace  :sun:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: pshawny]
    #4634519 - 09/08/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

go to ebay and look for chipper/shredders, i just got one for $13. i am sure it would work great on straw cause it is going to on poo.
:peace:

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: backupwards]
    #4635996 - 09/08/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Get 55 gallon contractor trash bags, and when you pick up the straw, throw one of the bags over the bale and fit it so it covers the bale, (opening facing the floor). Flip it over and fit another bag on the bale, overlapping the trash bags, and covering both ends. It's now travel-friendly in your car in under three minutes.
Light and Love,
Jeremy Davis

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4637232 - 09/09/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Good call Jeremy. That's also a great way to store the straw in your house without all the dust and mold spores and what not getting everywhere.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: mycofile]
    #4637405 - 09/09/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Straw is such a fucking mess..my car lost, my hourse lost..so I quit with straw LOL. Even if you throw bags over it, when you get it into your house and start popping the strings, and breaking up the bale, that shit gets EVERYWHEREEEE...and then if you shread it with the blender you end up with shroom dust everywhere...ahhh good times that I'll never do again..horse poo all the way for me baby.

BTW, if your just doing straw, I suggest a lab style hotplate, and a trash can with some silicone on it..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: backupwards]
    #4638471 - 09/09/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:
go to ebay and look for chipper/shredders, i just got one for $13. i am sure it would work great on straw cause it is going to on poo.
:peace:

Mine works great on poo, not so much on straw but still good. Straw is soft compared to the wood that the blades are meant to chop so mine gets clogged if I dont feed the straw in, with a crazy technique. Thats my chipper anyways.

I swear pasteurizing lots off nicely aged poo inside smells better and less pungent than JUST straw...

If you cant or dont want to wait for ebay, check your local craigslist if you have one.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Straw vs. Car & Straw Won [Re: themills]
    #4639896 - 09/09/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I like the smell of poo, it's about time people finally realized it doesn't stink!

My roomate used to get excited when I pasteurized straw, he thought I had, as we say 'round dees parts, "I had a whole messa collards comin' up"! They are kinda smelly. In a good way if you're from the south though. The hardest thing was explaining to the neighbors who would come sniffin' that no we really didn't have any collards, and no we weren't just saying that because we didn't like them!

Scatman, I don't blame you for abandoning straw at all if you had to do it all inside, and used a blender for chopping it! I would never chop it if I had to do it inside, and found that a few passes through a blower/vac mulcher did just fine when I did want it chopped. "rent" one from home depot, then complain that it doesn't get the 20:1 mulching rate it advertises. They'll take it back!

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag