Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I am seeing a difference in tolerance opinions
    #4634136 - 09/08/05 04:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to ask the same old shit question, but I took 2 grams last Saturday, should my tolerance be normal to take another 2 this Saturday? I tried looking around for a solid answer but I saw some people saying wait a month, some a week, some two weeks.

Also, a little different subject, but I'm not sure I got enough out of my last weeks dose (I made tea). Should I just drink them straight up in orange juice to get the most out of it? (the more acidity the better I assume)

Edited by BurnOneDown (09/08/05 04:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: I am seeing a difference in tolerance opinions [Re: BurnOneDown]
    #4634175 - 09/08/05 04:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

One week is always perfect for me. Just make sure to eat on an empty stomach. You should be fine.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: I am seeing a difference in tolerance opinions [Re: deficitism]
    #4634191 - 09/08/05 04:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i too believe that one week is the minimum amount of time that you tolereance will subside.. but each person reacts differently to each substance...

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4634217 - 09/08/05 04:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

One week is plenty of time.

Also, you made tea? Did you make an infusion, or did you boil the shrooms, too? The heat will kill the active ingredients and will make your shrooms lose their "magic". Just eat the bastards or grind them up and mix them with o.j. Hope this helps.

:sun:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4634278 - 09/08/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, I've found that 1 week cuts off maybe 2/3 of my tolerance, 2 weeks gets me close to baseline, and a solid month restores me to normal.

Tea is cool, but if you just consume the mushrooms, then you know that you are getting 100% of the good stuff. Putting them in an acid drink like orange juice and drinking it isn't going to make much more of a difference than a non-acid drink.

Acidity is only important if your goal is to extract the psilocybin into some liquid such as water. The orange juice isn't going to matter for two reasons: one, you're drinking everything including the mushrooms, and two, it takes time, (heat), agitation, and your shrooms should be powderized in order to fully extract the goodness. -And if you're going to do that, you may as well make tea. (Squirt some lemon juice in the kettle next time you make tea, that will help a bit. And make sure they're broken/crushed up as good as possible.)

Edited by Land_Crab (09/08/05 05:18 PM)

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

Re: I am seeing a difference in tolerance opinions [Re: blissedout]
    #4634297 - 09/08/05 05:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What is an infusion?! Don't get me wrong, they worked but just not 100% I boiled the water, turned off the heat, then added the powder and mixed furiously for a long ass time. I did this twice, tasted delicious.

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: I am seeing a difference in tolerance opinions [Re: blissedout]
    #4634320 - 09/08/05 05:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Also, you made tea? Did you make an infusion, or did you boil the shrooms, too? The heat will kill the active ingredients and will make your shrooms lose their "magic". Just eat the bastards or grind them up and mix them with o.j. Hope this helps.

That's not true. Technically yes, there will be a small potency loss, but drinking tea is very common. I've had tea at least a dozen times (though I've eaten them at least 75 times, because I like to get all of it), and it's always worked before, so long as it's done right. (I only do it when I have a lot of fungus.)

OfflineBurnOneDown
New Shroomer

#4634336 - 09/08/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't want any tolerance, because I am trying to slowly up the dosage (this time I don't have to because I guess I messed up the tea, so just eating the same amount normally would "up" it for me) This is the last week in my house and I want to make it special. I'm gonna move to a shittier house soon and I have allot of memories tied up in this place.

--------------------
My choice is what I choose to do and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be and if you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down. Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."

Offlinebounceproof
freefaller

Loc: Florida
    #4634366 - 09/08/05 05:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

1 week always works for me also.

--------------------
<one foot over the edge and i think i like it>

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience