Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously .
    #4633038 - 09/08/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hello, I am interested in researching the possibility of telepathy ocurring to some degree between two people eating special mushrooms .
You see it may have happend to me, well I was convinced at the time that it was - but then again who was I to trust whilst so utterly high .
My frined and I discussed the sillines of having a phone number on coat hangers - however one of us would begin to speak then the other would answer before all the words had been said - we would even say just the beggining of the first word of a sentence then sense that the other guy had received the thought and stop speaking - the other would then reply with an appropriatte response.

Got a bus to catch gotta go will try to post more later .

--------------------
The ineffable is not always intangible !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: Mirth]
    #4633041 - 09/08/05 05:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

more likely that you just know each other very well and know their way of thinking so you can anticipate on that. That combined with facial expressions and body language can be really strong, but it's no telepathy

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: stefan]
    #4633051 - 09/08/05 05:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Didnt get the bus in the end.
Ok I dont have an opinion on whether is was or was not actual telepathy, here is some more information. The discussion began with My friend "T" talking about a coat hanger, now I responded and the discussion began - then I realised that he hadnt mentioned which of the many, many coat hangers he was specifically referring to, I was certain he was talking about the golden coat hanger - I mentioned to him that he hadnt stated what color it was but I knew which one he meant , and yep it was the golden one .

At the time, the most convincing aspect that caused me to think that there was a link between us: was that I seemed to feel a connection rather than just note his [seemingly]otherwise impossible responses.
That is I didnt have to think about what he said because I felt like I could feel his mind .

Another friend was observing and noted that we were indeed just making sounds or jestures rather than speaking full sentences aloud .

So anyway - - - bla bla bla and this and that happend - so the idea is to devise - with your help, an epmirical test, a scientific adventure, a quizzical happening and logical experiment, in order to recreate and assess this very situation and see whether two human consciousness's can direclty link with the use of shrooms .
Cos its fun !

Will you help ????????

--------------------

Edited by Mirth (09/08/05 05:56 AM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4633120 - 09/08/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

These tests have been done before and the conclusion is usually to the effect of:

"We found no evidence of telepathy, ESP, etc. although CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS were better able to predict a card/number sequence/image etc. while under the influence"

A logical experiment? Simple; have your friend go into another, completely separate room and attempt to telepathically send you a number series/image/thought/word etc. etc. and see if you can guess it. It would be very helpful to have a third person walk between the rooms and help out. Also, whatever it is you want to "send telepathically"; have it be something objective. (e.g. don't have your friend send you the "feeling of joy" or something similar that can be imsinterpreted).

good luck, let us know how it turns out.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: badchad]
    #4633144 - 09/08/05 07:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

those test's will more than likely let you down. being in different rooms breaks the link you have. while I'm not saying you have actual telepathy, you were obviously comunicating non-verbally in a very complex yet subtle manner which is still pretty cool. test it by drawing shapes and getting T to sense what they are. (things like circles, stars, squares etc) I suggest only attempting it after you've been in the state you've described for some time. then try it in different rooms. see what happens.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: psychomime]
    #4633205 - 09/08/05 08:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

People have been trying this for sooooo long.
Too bad the mind is the way it is, a tricky devil. You are not the first to experience what you think is telepathy. In fact, I would say you were tripping good for what seems like the first time. That is what happens. And even more, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck in putting it in any kind of testable repeatable model, it is practially impossible if you ask me.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineriby
Stranger
    #4633303 - 09/08/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if the brain's mode of function is through the means of electricity, and electricity always has a 'field' associated with it. for example you can measure a potential (voltage) from a house wire using a voltage probe, or even simpler a compass should align itself with the current flow. so if the brain has a small electrical field around it perhaps it could influence or be influenced but someone else's field. because i would imagine that the voltages are very small and such, and that the brain is fairly sensitive, the maybe the electrical field can act on someone else's brain, in effect be the same thing as telepathy? perhaps psilocybin either makes the fields stronger, or the brain more sensitive, that and electrical transfer of thought 'could' be possible. i donno,

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

#4633432 - 09/08/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I was younger I had a really special LSD trip with a group of friends. One friend and I split off to go to another house, and on the way we discussed topics such as why people go to the bathroom in toilets, thus contaminating our water supply instead of doing it on the ground, and,more importantly, why men couldn't wear dresses. When we got back, the other people shouted out--" Hey! Why can't men wear dresses?" They had been discussing it, too, and there had been no mention of any related topic before we left.

While we were coming down, this same friend and I were quietly enjoying our CEVs. She got angry with me and told me to stop sending her images of _______. I apologized, because those were the exact images I was seeing.

Telepathy? Simply being in the same headspace? I don't know.

--------------------

Offlineastralasia
UK_shroomhead

Loc: UK
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: Gliders]
    #4633635 - 09/08/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It has happened to me a lot on mushrooms. I accept it as normal these days but it used to freak me out at first. I got quite obsessed with finding hard evidence and eventually found it.

After reading a book called Psychic Pets I decided to put it to the test. My girlfriend came around one night with her dog, Jasper. Jasper is one of those little yappy things that love to play with squeaky toys. I though to myself, if there is one thing that will get that dog going, its his squeaky ball.

Without saying anything to my g/f, I started in my mind to "say" to Jasper, "where's your ball Jasper, where's your ball"

His ears pricked up and my g/f turned around to the dog and said "you're sitting on it you silly thing"

I shot out of my chair and asked how she knew what I was thinking. She said "you said it out loud".

She couldn't tell the difference but believe me I did not utter a single sound.

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: astralasia]
    #4633863 - 09/08/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not strange that the dog read your mind, but the gf-- that had to be the shrooms!

My dog reads my mind when I'm stone-cold sober.  He does it on a regular basis.

One day I decided it was time to clip his nails, as I hadn't done it in a couple of months.  As I walked into the living room to pick up his nail clippers (on the coffee table), I saw him heading outside the dog door, looking guilty.  I found him burying his nail clippers, which he had spirited outside in his mouth.  In that same hole, I found his antibiotic eyedrops, which  I hadn't been able to find for a week.

It seems to me that he picks up thoughts where there is a really strong mental image.  If I think about taking a walk, he doesn't get excited, but if I actually picture us walking, he acts as though I've said the magic word.  It's sad when you have to guard your thoughts from a dog.  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: Gliders]
    #4633991 - 09/08/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You can't guard your thoughts from him. We are all connected and all one. It is up to you as the person to pick up on it. To "tune into it" so to speak. How to "tune?" Many ask that question. I think meditation and spending time alone can help. Tapping into this telepathy or group think or whatever is easy, it is just so easy it is hard. Sort of like trying so hard to see the trees that you do not notice you are surrounded by a forest.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineninsega
Lucky Bastard
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: mecreateme]
    #4634134 - 09/08/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I had a similarly strange experience once...

I had just had one of those crazy trips where I had to stay locked in my mind for most of it and it wasn't too fun. I had finally made it through as I was coming down and I was sitting on my bed as my gf rolled a J. Suddenly I felt a strange urge and the bedroom door opened at a fairly fast rate. My gf looked at me like WTF? The odd part was my cat was sitting near the door(in the room), and when it opened, she leapt up and darted away, so it was obviously fast enough to startle her. We had never noticed any kind of a draft before or after that, so we're pretty sure it wasn't wind. I'm not willing to say it was my mind, or my gf, or the cat, but it was definitely bizarre.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: ninsega]
    #4634214 - 09/08/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Have you ever tripped so hard that you dont know what is going on. Some friends and I had a complete conversation while we were tripped hard. The only thing is, we were not say sentences. Just noises and random words. For some reason I could understand what they were saying and we all carried on the conversation. After the trip I was like "what the hell were we talking about"? Even though we diddnt know what we were talking about, it seemed to make sense. The mind is weird. Especially the tripping mind.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: deficitism]
    #4634313 - 09/08/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The tripping mind? I would say the open mind...
"You can get a lot higher without drugs than with them"

--------------------
enjoy life!

Offlineastralasia
UK_shroomhead

Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: deficitism]
    #4634934 - 09/08/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deficitism said:
Have you ever tripped so hard that you dont know what is going on. Some friends and I had a complete conversation while we were tripped hard. The only thing is, we were not say sentences.

I know exactly where you are coming from. It has happened to me loads of times. Its like you will be sitting there tripping hard and having a conversation, everyone knowing precisely what you mean without having to explain it and at the time because you're so out of it everything seem fine, perfectly normal. Its only when you stop "talking" that you think, hold on a min, I never actually said anything. But because you are still tripping hard, it somehow doesn't seem important.

That is a classic example of telepathy in action. Most of the time after hours of tripping and the come down, in the morning we don't remember it. Once you recognize it for what it is you can take control of it.

It gets really freaky when you encounter babies who can not speak, to the normal world its just babbling crying etc. Fuck me while tripping they talk in perfect English (when you can relax into the reality of telepathy). That scared the shit out of me first time I encountered it.

Before my kids could talk I went out of my way to tune into them and "spoke" to them often. They have no recollection of it now.

Offlineastralasia
UK_shroomhead

#4635076 - 09/08/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The thing about telepathy and the reason its dismissed so often is because the mind is our ultimate safe place, our inner sanctum.

When we experience something that makes it possible that our thought are not solely confined in our head, our self defense mechanisms kick in to protect us. This is why, even when we have experienced it, our minds will not allow us to open up to the reality of it.

I talk from experience here, opening up is not easy, you have to let go of everything the scientists tell us is true, telepathy is not possible. WTF do they know, you can't test this shit in a lab.

--------------------

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #4635277 - 09/08/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

just thought I'd add that the first time I tripped on Mushrooms with my bets friend I saw a white drop (like a drop of white paint) drip down and land on my leg. I watched it fall and my friend seemed to catch it out the corner of his eye too. I was about to say it but before i could my tripping mate said "uh, did something just drip?" After further investigation it was confirmed that nothing dripped, there was no stain or wet mark or anything and the sitter who was with us said there was absolutely nothing, we were looking at something that wasn't there. That tripped me out. My best friend and I also sometimes have sort of telepathic conversations like you had with a number of psychedelics including cannabis.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
    #4635293 - 09/08/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

a few years ago, my 2nd time to try LSD, i had taken half a microdot that was going around my town (some of the last acid in my town). i was tripping by myself at my house. i was in my room when suddenly i started getting visions of me and my girlfriend(at the time) laying in a field nude with beautiful flowers all around us. everything was just perfect. absolutely blissful. i wanted so bad to really be there. this image stayed in my head for a while(or what seemed like a while... i was tripping... my sense of time was fairly distorted.) next thing i know my phone rings. it was my girlfriend. she called me because she "had just awoken from the best dream" of her life. in her dream, we were laying in a field nude, surrounded by beautuiful flowers. she said she had never been so happy in her life. i started crying because of the amazement i felt. maybe we really were there. i mean.... what makes experiences in this physical plane so "real"? it's only the reaction our minds have that make it an experience. so if our minds are reacting anyways and we're having an "illusion" of an experience... who's to say it'snot an experience. what makes it so different? im kind of babblibng because this theory/idea of mine is sort of hard to convey with words (and im also not good with words in the first place). but yeah i'd say this lies along the linesof telepathy.

peace out

--------------------

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy whilst psilocybe'ised, Seriously . [Re: LightShedder]
    #4638135 - 09/09/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wow I caused some very interesting information to come up - nice one with the posts dudes .
The main problem I have with any kind of reproduction of this experience is that I took what is for me ALOT of mushrooms, cubes - Cambodians . And I am certainly not ready for that again at the moment .I eat seventeen ranging from biguns to aborts and I am very sensitive.

'T' calmy stated to me later that he has had telepathy to some extent since he has been a child .

I should see him tommorow so I'll duscuss some possibilities with him then .

Oh yeah once I saw this thing on british datime T.V. (Richard and Judy - a classic proggy), where these identical twin brothers were being tested for an instant link, they had one hooked up to elctrical watchamagadgets that were monitering his heartbeat, sweating - etc and the other kid was in another room totally, doing stuff like sticking his arms suddenly in cold water - and his twin was responding as though he was getting cold shocked and stuff .It was highly interesting .

Gotta learn some Mandarin - Cioa !!!

--------------------

OfflineXxMaDxX
Leet Shroomer
Loc: New Mexico
    #4638265 - 09/09/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

--------------------
-Why is my toilet morphing!?-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract