Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNOFINGA911
Stranger
 User Gallery
3 Questions for you pro's out there
    #4633167 - 09/08/05 09:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1. How do I get big mushrooms? Mine keep growing tall and rather then as opposed to short and fat.
2.Why are some of my cakes producing mushrooms from the bottom sides of them and others straight out of the top? (did I put them upside down?)How do I make them all come Straight out of the top?
3. I just re-cased my casing after it's first flush. I placed it straight into the fruiting chamber. Is the mycelium going to cover the surface again or are the pins just going to pop right through? How long?

Edited by NOFINGA911 (09/08/05 10:05 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 3 Questions for you pro's out there [Re: NOFINGA911]
    #4633172 - 09/08/05 10:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1. That's kind of a hard question to answer. There are a lot of variables involved in that like strain, substrate depth, FAE, temp, etc. Some strains/species will grow tall and skinny fruits. I'm not sure what you mean by short and fat.

2.They are growing from the bottom and sides because that is where the greatest source of moisture and humidity is for this cake. Unfortunately you cannot determine or "make" mushrooms grow on certain parts of the cake. What you can do to help, is to put the cake on top of something that elevates it from the perlite. This may allow for pins to produce other places.

3. You don't need to re case after the first flush. All you should have to do is "patch" the holes that were made from the harvest and fruit. The vegetative growth stage of the casing has already stopped and it is in the fruiting stage. Some mycelium may colonize it, but you may just get pins. If the layer is too thick, I don't think you will get a second flush because light will not be getting through. But usually it is about 4 days before pins in between each flush.

I'm not a pro, but I hope that helps. GL TO YA!

Edited by srgtm1a (09/08/05 11:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation