Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Did Blanco attempt genocide at Superdome?
    #4632152 - 09/07/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

On Brit Hume this evening, FOX News correspondent Major Garrett explained that FEMA/Red Cross had a truckload of water and other necessities , however the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security DENIED it. Why? Because they didn?t want to attract more people to the Superdome or the convention center, they want to get them out. Garrett also brings to light that FEMA couldn?t initially bring the National Guard into Louisiana because it is not their jurisdiction. Who has to give them jurisdiction? *Drumroll please* GOVERNOR KATHLEEN BLANCO.

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/09/07/garrettblanco/

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Did Blanco attempt genocide at Superdome? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4632156 - 09/08/05 12:00 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wednesday, September 7

Explosive revelation by Fox News' Major Garrett.

On the Fox News Channel just a little while ago, Major Garrett, one of Fox's star reporters, and author of The Enduring Revolution, broke a very disturbing story for those on the left that want to play the blame game regarding the reaction to the Katrina. Here's his interview with Hugh Hewitt moments ago:

HH: Joined now by Major Garrett, correspondent for the Fox News Channel, as well as author of The Enduring Revolution, a best seller earlier this year. We talked about that. Major Garrett, welcome back to the Hugh Hewitt Show.

MG: Hugh, always a pleasure. Thanks for having me.

HH: You just broke a pretty big story. I was watching up on the corner television in my studio, and it's headlined that the Red Cross was blocked from delivering supplies to the Superdome, Major Garrett. Tell us what you found out.

MG: Well, the Red Cross, Hugh, had pre-positioned a literal vanguard of trucks with water, food, blankets and hygiene items. They're not really big into medical response items, but those are the three biggies that we saw people at the New Orleans Superdome, and the convention center, needing most accutely. And all of us in America, I think, reasonably asked ourselves, geez. You know, I watch hurricanes all the time. And I see correspondents standing among rubble and refugees and evacuaees. But I always either see that Red Cross or Salvation Army truck nearby. Why don't I see that?

HH: And the answer is?

MG: The answer is the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security, that is the state agency responsible for that state's homeland security, told the Red Cross explicitly, you cannot come.

HH: Now Major Garrett, on what day did they block the delivery? Do you know specifically?

MG: I am told by the Red Cross, immediately after the storm passed.

HH: Okay, so that would be on Monday afternoon.

MG: That would have been Monday or Tuesday. The exact time, the hour, I don't have. But clearly, they had an evacuee situation at the Superdome, and of course, people gravitated to the convention center on an ad hoc basis. They sort of invented that as another place to go, because they couldn't stand the conditions at the Superdome.

HH: Any doubt in the Red Cross' mind that they were ready to go, but they were blocked?

MG: No. Absolutely none. They are absolutely unequivocal on that point.

HH: And are they eager to get this story out there, because they are chagrined by the coverage that's been emanating from New Orleans?

MG: I think they are. I mean, and look. Every agency that is in the private sector, Salvation Army, Red Cross, Feed The Children, all the ones we typically see are aggrieved by all the crap that's being thrown around about the response to this hurricane, because they work hand and glove with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. When FEMA is tarred and feathered, the Red Cross and the Salvation Army are tarred and feathered, because they work on a cooperative basis. They feel they are being sullied by this reaction.

HH: Of course they are. Now Major Garrett, what about the Louisiana governor's office of Homeland Security. Have they responded to this charge by the Red Cross, which is a blockbuster charge?

MG: I have not been able to reach them yet. But, what they have said consistently is, and what they told the Red Cross, we don't want you to come in there, because we have evacuees that we want to get out. And if you come in, they're more likely to stay. So I want your listeners to follow me here. At the very moment that Ray Nagin, the Mayor of New Orleans was screaming where's the food, where's the water, it was over the overpass, and state officials were saying you can't come in.

HH: How long would it have taken to deliver those supplies, Major Garrett, into the Superdome and possibly the convention center?

MG: That is a more difficult question to answer than you might think. There were areas, obviously, as you approached the Superdome, that were difficult to get to, because of the flood waters. And as the Red Cross explained it to me, look. We don't have amphibious vehicles. We have trucks and ambulance type vehicles. In some cases, after the flood waters rose as high as they did, we would have needed, at minimal, the Louisiana National Guard to bring us in, or maybe something bigger and badder, from the Marines or Army-type vehicle. They're not sure about that. But remember, Hugh, we were transfixed, I know I was. I'm sure you were and your listeners were, by my colleague, Shep Smith, and others on that overpass.

HH: Right.

MG: ...saying, wait a minute. We drove here. It didn't take us anything to drive here.

HH: Right.

MG: Why can't people just come here?

HH: I also have to conclude from what you're telling me, Major Garrett, is that had they been allowed to deliver when they wanted to deliver, which is at least a little bit prior to the levee, or at least prior to the waters rising, the supplies would have been pre-positioned, and the relief...you know, the people in the Superdome, and possibly at the convention center, I want to come back to that, would have been spared the worst of their misery.

MG: They would have been spared the lack of food, water and hygiene. I don't think there's any doubt that they would not have been spared the indignity of having nor workable bathrooms in short order.

HH: Now Major Garrett, let's turn to the convention center, because this will be, in the aftermath...did the Red Cross have ready to go into the convention center the supplies that we're talking about as well?

MG: Sure. They could have gone to any location, provided that the water wasn't too high, and they got some assistance.

HH: Now, were they utterly dependent upon the Louisiana state officials to okay them?

MG: Yes.

HH: Because you know, they do work with FEMA. But is it your understanding that FEMA and the Red Cross and the other relief agencies must get tht state's okay to act?

MG: As the Red Cross told me, they said look. We are not state actors. We are not the Army. We are a private organziation. We work in cooperation with both FEMA and the state officials. But the state told us A) it's not safe, because the water is dangerous. And we're now learning how toxic the water is. B) there's a security situation, because they didn't have a handle on the violence on the ground. And C) and I think this is most importantly, they wanted to evacuate out. They didn't want people to stay.

HH: Now off the record, will the Red Cross tell you what they think of Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin?

MG: No.

HH: Will they tell you what they think about FEMA director Brown?

MG: No.

HH: Will they tell you any...will they give any advice of how to make sure this doesn't happen again?

MG: Well, there is something, Hugh, that I think we have to be honest with ourselves about. New Orleans is a situation, because of its geography, utterly unique in America. We don't build cities in bowls, except there. This complicated the Red Cross efforts, and the FEMA efforts, from the start. In the mid-90's, the Red Cross opened a shelter in South Carolina that was eventually flooded. And there was a big controversy about that. After that, the Red Cross made a policy decision that it would never shelter, or seek to shelter, any evacuee from any hurricane, anywhere where flooding was likely to occur. High ground is where they were going to be, and where they were going to go. Well, that basically rules out all of New Orleans.

HH: Sure. Does the Red Cross, though, assist in evacuation, Major Garrett?

MG: Not under the state plan in Louisiana. And not very many other places, either, because again, the Red Cross is a responding private charity. It is not an evacuation charity. It does not assume, as you can well imagine, Hugh, the inevitable liability that would come with being in charge of evacuating.

HH: How senior are your sources at the Red Cross, Major Garrett?

MG: They're right next to Marty Evans, the president.

HH: So you have no doubt in your mind that they have...

MG: Oh, none. None. And I want to give credit to Bill O'Reilly, because he had Marty Evans on the O'Reilly Factor last night. And this is the first time Marty Evans said it. She said it on the O'Reilly Factor last night in a very sort of brief intro to her longer comments about dealing with the housing and other needs of the evacuees now. She said look. We were ready. We couldn't go in. They wouldn't let us in, and the interview continued. I developed it more fully today.

HH: And the 'they' are the Louisiana state officials?

MG: Right.

HH: Now any in the 'they'...is the New Orleans' mayor's staff involved as well? Or the New Orleans police department?

MG: Not that I'm aware of, because the decision was made and communicated to the Red Cross by the state department of Homeland Security and the state National Guard. Both of which report to the governor.

HH: Do they have any paper records of this communication?

MG: I did not ask that. It's a good question. I'll follow up with them.

HH: I sure would love to know that. And if you get it, send it to me. We'll put it up on the blog. Major Garrett, great story. Please keep us posted. Look forward to talking to you a lot in the next couple of weeks on this story. Thanks for breaking away from the Fox News Channel this afternoon.

End of interview

If you really want to get to the bottom of what really happened after Katrina, and you want to get caught up in the blame game, you will eventually discover that blame in Louisiana is spelled B-L-A-N-C-O.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4632166 - 09/08/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think she attempted genocide, but everything she did reeked of negligence and she should be removed from office.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Did Blanco attempt genocide at Superdome? [Re: Redstorm]
    #4633057 - 09/08/05 07:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

She is a moron. I think she was more concerned with her own control of the federal contracts for reconstruction. That money is going to be her big payday. I am sure a lot of people are salivating over those billions of cash. Many millionares are going to be made in the coming months. Corruption in LA isn't just a theory.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Did Blanco attempt genocide at Superdome? [Re: Redstorm]
    #4633324 - 09/08/05 11:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I don't think she attempted genocide, but everything she did reeked of negligence and she should be removed from office.

I just made up the Genocide headline. ( since the MSM median is not talking about this.)

but could you imagine what the media would be saying right now if the hurricane hit Florida and Jeb Bush ignored the president.

Headline:

BUSH IGNORES HURRICANE WARNING THOUSANDS DIE!!!!!!

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4635994 - 09/09/05 12:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i guarantee if a cat 4 or 5 hit florida you would see immediate action. hell 3 hurricanes, 2 of them direct hits to my city and fort pierce and stuart, it didnt take very long for everything to go back to normal. i'll be amazed if blanco can get another job in politics after this quagmire.

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Did Blanco attempt genocide at Superdome? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4637216 - 09/09/05 10:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. I got hit by three hurricanes, and within hours, there were emergency workers everywhere, doing repairs. Things were back to normal real fast. We live in an upper class white neighborhood though.

I think there is alot of blame game going on, and this report is just pushing the blame on someone else.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4637527 - 09/09/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

How much of the negligence do you all think was really about people looking out for "their own"? I know government offices are meant to serve the people and oaths are taken, but it appears it has become a meaningless concept in todays world thats about "serve yourself".

The Head of the Port authority in NO told all of her officers to leave and protect themselves when the flood waters started rising. She said she felt her first obligation towards her officers and keeping them safe.

Her critics say she should of ordered all of them to get onto their boats and be ready to launch rescues.

If they are on port authority boats, how can they be in danger with the waters rising 6 inches an hour? Doesn't matter how fast it was coming up because boats float and they had motors.

Police officers were said to have walked off the job to get their families out and they left NO with their families to get them set up.

Who were they more obligated to first? The people who are family or like family to them or "the strangers that make up the people they took an oath to serve and protect"?

Not everyone acted like that. One police officer stayed on duty and when he got to his families home a few days later, he found them all dead and then he committed suicide.

Another served as an emergency manager for one of the hospitals and stayed on duty 30 miles away from where the Nursing Home was that they found dead bodies left behind in. His mother was in there and he said he kept calling since Fri before the storm asking if they were going to evacuate them. He was on his job serving at the hospital and wouldn't leave to get his mom out himself. He saved strangers and his mother is dead.

How do you screen out who is going to bail out on their oath to serve in times of panic?

It'll be worse when round two comes and the next disaster strikes because I think something many Americans learned from this was to cover your ass first because the back up you may be counting on while your covering the backs of others won't be there for you.

How does this problem get solved? The conflict between, instinct to serve yourself and an oath to serve the people when the shit hits the fan?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion