Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ?
    #4630107 - 09/07/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Will somebody give a factual explanation of this view beyond the belief that everything that Bush does is bad and everything bad that happens is because of Bush? Will somebody show me how responsibility belonged solely to him and he goofed up or was deliberately evil because he doesn't care about black people?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4630116 - 09/07/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's Bush's fault, it's the governor's fault, it's the mayor's fault. It's an overall failure of government to prepare for a catastrophe for which they had plenty of advanced warning(much like 9/11).

--------------------

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4630128 - 09/07/05 02:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty much

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4630134 - 09/07/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm let's see, who appointed the head of FEMA, a crony with absolutely NO QUALIFICATIONS and was fired from his previous job judging horses" Whose fault was that?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4630136 - 09/07/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Paradigm, that seems like a more realistic appraisal, but does not explain why people aren't saying the Governor or Louisiana "Doesn't Care About Black People". Why is Bush the man to blame here for so many people?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4630140 - 09/07/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

EVERYTHING is Bush's fault, period, since the beginning of time, til the end of time, EVERYTHING was/is/will be his fault.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4630143 - 09/07/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Paradigm, that seems like a more realistic appraisal, but does not explain why people aren't saying the Governor or Louisiana "Doesn't Care About Black People". Why is Bush the man to blame here for so many people?

Because some people are simple-minded morons, much like the president they're criticizing.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4630147 - 09/07/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Don't forget all those who chose to move to New Orleans and the dumb asses who refused to leave (I don't mean those who were incapable of leaving).

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4630172 - 09/07/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As Paradigm pointed out, it was an entire failure of the government, and guess who is the figurehead of the government? The figurehead will always take the criticisms, even if the failure occured at a level underneath him.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4630213 - 09/07/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I see. You attack a weak response while ducking a strong response to your question. Seems you do not truly want to discuss the issue.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offline001
Stranger
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Ravus]
    #4630226 - 09/07/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

bush should of dammed the levies with his billions of dollars. Theres enough paper there to build an ark.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4630329 - 09/07/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.blah3.com/article.php?story=20050903214041794&fark

I don't think he cares nothing about black people. I mean Rice and Powell are black.

I just don't think he gives a dam about THESE (black) people in particular.

I don't think all of this is his (Bush's) fault. More the fault of a system where all you need to be the leader of a country is have the right views on homosexuals. (Along with a slew of other equally trivial things)

I mean are any of the politicians and there rich crony's (mostly just people that are after cushy office day jobs, and power) actually the people we really want handling these situations? (Republican or Democrat)

I don't know what we could do better. But I know that this current system has alot of draw backs, and I think we are seeing alot of them manifest currently in New Orleans.

Edited by Anisotropic (09/07/05 02:45 PM)

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4630429 - 09/07/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The whole mess shows how polerised and partisan American politics has become, beyond reason on all sides.

The Bush administration bares some responsibility, but not that majority, there is plenty blame to go around, the City, the state, the people, FEMA, the previous administrations, maybe even a butterfly somewhere.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: psilomonkey]
    #4630463 - 09/07/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Damn butterflys.  :pottymouth:

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Swami]
    #4630784 - 09/07/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Hmmm let's see, who appointed the head of FEMA, a crony with absolutely NO QUALIFICATIONS and was fired from his previous job judging horses" Whose fault was that?

What a dumb question.

Of course Bush bears the responsibility for that.

To address the original post, Bush is being blamed for a number of reasons.

1. Part of the blame is his to bear (rightfully).
2. As stated earlier, he is the figure-head of the government. Blame will tend to gravitate towards the president.
3. It is "in" to bash Bush. It is the new trend, and there's not anything cooler one can do.

I just hope that the majority of this blame is eventually put where it belongs, on the shoulders of Nagin and Blanco.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4631037 - 09/07/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just what is it that you think is Bush's fault?

Louisiana is notorious for corruption. Federal funds sent there for levee improvements were redirected by the local officials. See this
http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/pao/bcarre/pastflood.htm
for a history of levees. Note particularly this:

"The MRC's role grew with each flood, finally culminating in the Flood Control Act of 1917, which authorized the MRC to construct an extensive program of flood protection with cost-sharing by states and local interests."

Much money was sent by the feds but it was largely mishandled by the locals, when not outright stolen
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?s=3145997

"It was just a matter of time before the bill was sent to the state following its handling of federal FEMA flood buyout monies. The government says more than 30 million was misspent by the state through the Office of Emergency Preparedness between 1997 and 2002. Three former high level employees of the office are under federal indictment for charges related to the handling of those FEMA."

And children, let us not forget our civics lessons. It is Congress that allocates funds and passes laws. The President has a certain amount of added clout but he is not a potentate. I have seen other reports, but will not go back any more to find them, that alluded to the fact that NO and the independant levee boards failed to qualify for matching federal funds which would have been available to them. I think I have linked enough.

Then we also have this to ponder. FEMA is not a first responder. Never was, never will be. Bush, to his never to be denied credit warned Nagin and Blanco that bad shit was coming and they had better get their people out. Short of invading the state he has no authority to do more until asked by the governor, who is the Commander in Chief of her National Guard. We have the reports of Nagin himself that the three of them met, Bush, Nagin and Barco on AF1 and Bush and Barco went off alone and discussed options, to which Barco responded she needed 24 hrs to think about it. Sorry I can't find the link now. Some others probably have it. I'll look later.

Just what do you want the man to do? If Bush had forcibly evacuated the town you would have decried him a fascist dictator. Fucking FEMA is not in charge until requested and then it takes some time. The fucking governor is turning out to look even worse than "school bus" Nagin.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4631171 - 09/07/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bush DOES share some of the blame for the response of the government to the situation. First, he has delegated authority to incompetent people who do not have relevant experience or training. Secondly, Reservists and National Guard along with National Guard Equipment such as helicopters and deep water vehicles are in IRAQ, not LA. Many Reservists and National Guard are emergency personnel who were unavailable to respond because they were in IRAQ. Though there is no way of knowing what would have been available after Katrina passed, it is safe to assume that at least some of these resources would have been available had they not been performing the functions of empire (or if you want to use a euphemism, 'nation building' or 'world police agency'). Of course this does not relieve the Mayor (all those buses) or Governor of their share of responsibility. Let's face it, government on ALL levels was deficient and parasites from both wings (Democrat AND Republican) of the duopoly are culpable.

Tell me, had terrorists damaged the levees instead of mother nature, do you actually believe that your president would have been any more prepared, that your government would have actually performed it's most basic, primary function of protecting the people? I don't think so. The lessons of 9/11 and Katrina show that our government is incapable of protecting the people and those holding positions of power from both major political parties are more concerned with covering their sorry asses and the continuation of government instead of the welfare of the people.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4631275 - 09/07/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think that the federal response has actually been good considering the circumstances. I think the major failings happened on the state and local levels. People just use it to take a cheap shot at Bush and lay all the blame on him and the feds. If anything, the Feds are the ones who did ANYTHING positive down there. They deserve credit and not blame.

Kudos to the feds for saving what was a horrible situation.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4631401 - 09/07/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Frankly I think it is the viewpoint of a child to expect complete and total protection from any eventuality. Most give up this illusion around 1st grade.

The differences between NY on 9/11 and NO is that the first responders were still there. The whole town was not wiped out. Conversely, NO had the opportunity to pre-respond. They were warned, immediately and for decades. They did nowhere near what they were supposed to do. Blanco is turning out to be more and more of a waffling retard than Nagin. This can't be good for Hillary.

Now that is an example of finding a silver lining in a cloud. I wonder how long it will take her to turn on Blanco big time.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why is the New Orleans Crisis Bush's Fault ? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4631412 - 09/07/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You have to admit the FEMA thing was a fucking mess. I'm still trying to figure out how some of the higher-ups got the positions they did.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate