Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Chopra on the Tsunami
    #4629820 - 09/07/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Chopra speaking on the Gaia hypothesis:

"One of the very interesting things that happened with the tsunami was, no animal died. The elephants. The monkeys. The rabbits. The birds. They were so tuned in to the forces of nature that they escaped. "

HIS Asia reports: ?Among the ruble (sic) are also thousand (sic) of dead animals. The smell is overwhelming.?

In The Telegraph, Jan Egeland, the UN disaster relief co-ordinator, is reported saying: "There are thousands of dead people, and there are tens of thousands of dead animals.?

The Times Online reports marine colonel Buyung Lelana, head of an evacuation team in Aceh province saying: "It smells so bad, fishy. The human bodies are mixed in with dead animals like dogs, fish, cats and goats."

Swami: Wow. No birds died? Do they have some unknown capability that can lift over a wave?

Doesn't matter that he is both ignorant AND a fraud, just so he is likeable. Of course, an unlikable con-man is called a failure and must find another line of "work".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: Swami]
    #4629847 - 09/07/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Chopra speaking on the Gaia hypothesis:

"One of the very interesting things that happened with the tsunami was, no animal died. The elephants. The monkeys. The rabbits. The birds. They were so tuned in to the forces of nature that they escaped. "

HIS Asia reports: ?Among the ruble (sic) are also thousand (sic) of dead animals.  The smell is overwhelming.?

In The Telegraph, Jan Egeland, the UN disaster relief co-ordinator, is reported saying: "There are thousands of dead people, and there are tens of thousands of dead animals.?

The Times Online reports marine colonel Buyung Lelana, head of an evacuation team in Aceh province saying: "It smells so bad, fishy. The human bodies are mixed in with dead animals like dogs, fish, cats and goats."

Swami: Wow. No birds died? Do they have some unknown capability that can lift over a wave?

Doesn't matter that he is both ignorant AND a fraud, just so he is likeable. Of course, an unlikable con-man is called a failure and must find another line of "work".

Wait here! You might be comparing wild animals to domestic ones. That could be some difference. Domestic animals are almost as dumb as their owners. :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: Icelander]
    #4629877 - 09/07/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Now you are apologizing for Chopra by adding/changing something he did NOT say? Would you care to wager a month's salary that no wild animals died? Fish were littered on the shores along with rats, etc.

Monkeys in trees would tend to be safer than many others, and there were no elephants in the low lying areas - and of course, they had no natural size protection against all but the main surge. And as ALREADY pointed out, flying adult birds are in ZERo danger.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4629881 - 09/07/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Many reports came out about the animals that fled to high ground. I'll dig up links later.

On TV they interviewed a family that raises elephants. They said before the storm, they were acting up so much they BROKE loose from their chains and ran up hill. They ran after the elephants and that is what saved their lives to tell the tale of how their elephants knew.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4629897 - 09/07/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Now you are apologizing for Chopra by adding/changing something he did NOT say? Would you care to wager a month's salary that no wild animals died? Fish were littered on the shores along with rats, etc.

Monkeys in trees would tend to be safer than many others, and there were no elephants in the low lying areas - and of course, they had no natural size protection against all but the main surge. And as ALREADY pointed out, flying adult birds are in ZERo danger.

What's with all this wagering crap? I apologised for no one. I was just asking a question. Grow up.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4629935 - 09/07/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are many more, these were an easy quick few I found. Sure animals died though. Will you post a link to where Deepak said NO animals died? It's well known through observance that many animals sense danger of natural disasters before they hit.

National Geographic
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/01/0104_050104_tsunami_animals.html

Live Science
http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/tsunami_wildlife_041230.html

Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami

Quote:

One of early warnings comes from nearby animals. Many animals sense danger and flee to higher ground before the water arrives. The Lisbon quake is the first documented case of such a phenomenon in Europe. The phenomenon was also noted in Sri Lanka in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake ([2]). Some scientists speculate that animals may have an ability to sense subsonic Rayleigh waves from an earthquake minutes or hours before a tsunami strikes shore (Kenneally, [3]).

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: Icelander]
    #4629938 - 09/07/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I apologised for no one.

Substituting "wild" where it wasn't mentioned to back his conjecture is indeed called an apology. Check Webster.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4629956 - 09/07/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What do you care about a link other than trying to trap me?

Larry King Live transcript

Since when does the phrase "no animal" mean some animals? Is that Ayurvedic-speak like "ageless"?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4629959 - 09/07/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Source please for where Deepak said NO animal died.

If he did, then he is in la la la land fer sure. I want to see where he said it exactly like you quoted him.

We saw the dead bodies of animals on the news and I bet he did too.

He probably intended to comment on the advanatages of being tuned in like the animals who were and saved themselves could do.

Ohhhhhhh bad Deepak, wanting to help us tune in to nature so we too can sense impending danger so we can save ourselves and avoid it. How terrible of him.

We should listen to swami and stay tuned out from nature instead so it can clobber us without our having intuitive knowing to flee.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4629983 - 09/07/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Source please for where Deepak said NO animal died.

I ALREADY listed it for you, what more do you want?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4629996 - 09/07/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Amazing!  :eek:

Forces of nature were tuned into other forces of nature so that they were able to escape even more forces of nature? :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4630018 - 09/07/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the link swami.

He did say No animal died. We know they died. Deepak was in la la la land if he meant it as he said it.

Why didn't Larry King call him on hat one word? Had he, I bet Deepak would of rephrased his comment.

However, as the links I posted show, some animals did flee. He should of re wroded what he said because it did have merit. Just not the no animals part.

I can read Deepak and many others and still question and think for myself.

Thats a forgivable and harmless comment to me. It's easy to only recognize the good when you are enraptured in seeing only the good.

These comments of his you nit pick at are just that. What harm did Deepak cause to anyone with that, what was a probably, a semantic error. I think it's beautiful that he chose to recognized the good in all that bad.
la la la land is an awesome place to dwell in from time to time. I have a flight scheduled to depart for it in about 10 minutes myself.

If someone heard deepak say no animals died and blindly believed it as is, without giving it some flex, questioning or further research then, that person, has a bigger problem then deepaks being in la la land.

Are you under the assumption swami that people read Deepak and take every word as absolute truth?

I don't. If some do, they will get burned by more then one man and have some lessons to learn about becoming self authoritized.

Deepak is free to speak. People are free to turn their ears away from him.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4630035 - 09/07/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

These comments of his you nit pick at are just that. What harm did Deepak cause to anyone with that, what was a probably, a semantic error. I think it's beautiful that he chose to recognized the good in all that bad.

What harm does anyone cause with mostly any speech? The only speech that may actually harm others is violent speech threatening to kill their family or taunting them for their son's suicide. But that doesn't mean we should let incorrect and inaccurate comments go unnoticed simply because they're not harming anyone, otherwise we'd never gain knowledge.

And not all people can think for themselves. Chances are some people heard this comment and told it to their friends and family, saying, "All the animals knew the tsunami was coming and escaped!" Misinformation is misinformation, even if it is coming straight from "la la land". :wink:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: Ravus]
    #4630169 - 09/07/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm glad swami pointed it out. I even asked him to show the proof. I wanted to see it for myself. I don't make money off of presenting my POV on deepak. What do I really care?

I stopped buying his books about 8 years ago because I find them to be very simple and common now. Pick on the author of Future Memory. Now there is a mind fucker. I lost that book during a move but would love to read it again and see if it makes more sense to me after all of this time.

Anayway,if someone walked away beleiving to this day that no animals died there after all of the footage shown, thats freaking funny and ignorant. If people walked away learning something new about how it can pay to tune into nature, thats cool.

I'm begining to wonder in the wake of katrina how many people have no access to television or media or choose not to access it and see the world the way they want to see it or beleive it to be.

Thats how it was in kauai for the most part and the U.S.V.I. People chose not to access the national or international media. They lived in la la lands made real day after day after day. It was so cool.

People like to shove a cold hard cruel reality in our faces to bring us back down to earth. I did my fair share of it with Katrina. I was wondering what planet so many have been on. Now I remember, they slipped off to la la land. I have been watching so much of the news, I forgot about that place for a time.

We can tune out from paying attention to it and tune into the nice warm soft realities as well and change the face and shape of our own worlds within this one.

I find that whole dynamic facinating. Like I said earlier, I can depart for la la land at will just by shifting focus and choosing to see and tune into only the good and by openning my heart to flows of love.

Another neat thing is that No One can take that ability away from us and that we even have it in the first place.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4630342 - 09/07/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I apologised for no one.

Substituting "wild" where it wasn't mentioned to back his conjecture is indeed called an apology. Check Webster.

Still wrong. I was asking a question based on your post where you mostly named domestic animals were killed and stated wild animals from him. I never read his statements, I read yours. The truth is that many animals do know when a disaster is about to happen. I have myself witnessed this.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4630370 - 09/07/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Swami said:

Amazing!  :eek:

Forces of nature were tuned into other forces of nature so that they were able to escape even more forces of nature? :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

Yes! And all deepak meant to say was that if we tune into nature we too can get information.

I'll go copy and paste the section that quote came from. Deepak was only working to bring people back to the source. he got his figures wrong but the essence was right on.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4630381 - 09/07/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This was taken from the transcript of a Larry King Live taping Swami took the quote from;

I say we lynch Deepak for speaking these blasphemous words.

KING: Deepak, if he loves us why does he bring us such pain that could be prevented?

CHOPRA: I think, Larry, one of the problems right now is we keep referring to God as him and his. We have a very sexist, male identity that we've given to God. I agree with Michael Lerner, that our idea of God, our concept of God, our experience of God, changes as we evolve. I think the idea of sin and punishment is very, very primitive. And we have to ask ourselves right now, are we going to choose between sin and compassion? Compassion is the way to go right now.

And you know, there's lots of evidence, even scientific, that the earth is a living organism. The gaia (ph) hypothesis. Is it possible that our consciousness and the turbulence in our consciousness has anything to do with the turbulence in nature? Michael Lerner just referred to that. One of the very interesting things that happened with the tsunami was, no animal died. The elephants. The hares. The rabbits. The birds. They were so tuned in to the forces of nature, that they escaped. They ran. Some of the elephants broke their chains and ran to the high level mountainous area where the tidal waves could not reach. We have lost that connection. Is there a way that we can collectively transcend to a level of consciousness where we see that the turbulence in our collective mind, possibly, is inseparable from the turbulence in nature? Because we are part of nature.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4630401 - 09/07/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He seems to subscribe to the strong Gaia hypothesis, which is usually looked at as incorrect by any biologist worth the salt in his blood. But then again, I've never even heard of him before today.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4630404 - 09/07/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, can I find fluffy-country somewhere in lala-land ?
:hippie:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Chopra on the Tsunami [Re: Ravus]
    #4630439 - 09/07/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Deepak is a certified medical Surgeon. He has had his fare share of human bilogy classes. He also was raised in India under a lot of Eastern Philosophy influence. An interesting perspective comes out of him as a result. I don't agree with everything I hear come out of his mouth. I do enjoy listening to him and reading him though when I get a chance.

I don't know why swami keeps wanting to criminalize him. I would trust him in the care of my daughter in a heart beat. I can't say that for many people. I don't even trust the public school system to care for her in the ways of peace, understanding, compassion and gentility. Even his voice is gentle. I've never seen him get angry.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds