Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Dead nickname cull
    #4629710 - 09/07/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe this has been brought up before....

Is there any procedure for deleting old nicknames that havent been used in forever?  Like, if someone registered in 02, made 1 post, and was never seen again, is that nick still unavailable to anyone?  Seems like it'd be alot easier to think of a cool nick if some of those were freed up again.

I understand that we dont want people who used to be around all the time and are taking a break to have their nick stolen, but I mean, if the person has -10 posts in 5 years, why not free that up again?

Anyway. I'm high. This is just an idea....

(BTW, I love a website where you can say some wacky shit, preface it with "Now I'm high, but...." and people understand.  :heartpump:  :mushroom2::heartpump:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Dead nickname cull [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4629715 - 09/07/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Dude I would read your post and think about it...but I'm waaaay too stoned. :wink:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: Dead nickname cull [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4633546 - 09/08/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think we already did something like this...or it was talked about at least....

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dead nickname cull [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4634700 - 09/08/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree that old accounts should be removed, but not for the sake of using the old nicks for new or existing members. I'd like to see it done to see an accurate count of how many "active" members the shroomery has.

Using a nick of a user that hasn't been on for some time could make people think you are someone else. If they do come back, they could get pissed that someone else has their nick. That could result in silly drama, regardless if they posted a lot or not.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback