Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico)
    #4629199 - 09/07/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, im going to explain. Here in Mexico the only way to get shrooms is going to hunt them. No one sells them, no one grows them (at least no one i know). I've decided to grow this babies since i don't have a car and i am tired of getting into farmer's fields, crossing fences and so.

I've found the following problems:

a) Vermiculite: can't find it anywhere i tried Home Depot and local plant supplies stores but found no vermiculite at all. Can i use something else?

b) Half pint jars: As i can see, this things are easy to find anywhere in the US but here i haven't been able to find nice jars here. I'd apreciate any idea / sugestion.

Well i think that's all... i'd really apreciate your help.
BTW there's another doubt i have and i can't find a really straight answer...
You all talk bout mushroom weight but i just don't have a way to calculate grams and so... i want to know if, let's say, 4 medium sized fresh mushrooms (usually what i take for a nice trip), have the same effect after dryed. I mean would i still have the "same" trip if i dry them and take them a month after??? I understand water is the only thing that evaporates from the mushroom but i wonder if triptamines stay the same.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Saludos

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico) [Re: AngeloWish]
    #4629217 - 09/07/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You may have to order the vermiculite, If there is a hydroponic store around you they will have it.
And they have to have canning jars, is there a wal mart out there? If there is find the pressure cookers and you will find the jars.
They should be fine after a month, shrooms are more potent when fresh but dried works well also.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico) [Re: djsage420]
    #4629233 - 09/07/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

you can order jars here
http://www.canningpantry.com/canning-jars.html
you can order verm here
http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_3801.asp?desc=Vermiculite
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p10135918?sourceid=1
the first verm link is best deal the chunks are big and you may need to run it through a blender but I have used that and it works well.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

#4629252 - 09/07/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks a lot for the info, i've tried walmart already and found no jars.  I really don't remember spoting those canning jars before. I'll try going downtown this weekend i guees i have to wait :frown: Thanks a lot again.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4629257 - 09/07/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Try here for half pint jars. They are way cheaper than most places sell Ball or Kerr jars and work just as good. GL dude!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Re: Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico) [Re: FooMan]
    #4629454 - 09/07/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for this last link, because others won't ship to mexico... anyway ordering them will cost me like 60 bucks because of the international shipment...i guess there must be somewhere to find them around here but because of my job i dont have free time available in the time stores are open. Thanks again, i think i'll order if i fail to find them here.

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4629580 - 09/07/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do you live close to the boarder? if so you could have a friend bring you in and get what you need here.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Re: Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico) [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4630004 - 09/07/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh you are so kind but i don't live near the boundry... anyway i don't have a visa and i hate to be compared with illegal mexicans so maybe i'll keep lookin around. Thank you.

--------------------

InvisibleShaw

#4630086 - 09/07/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do you not have any glass jars? If you wanna try whole grains you can use pasta sauce jars, mayonase jars ect. go through your trash. I admit it's not ideal for a first timer, but you may be able to figure it out. Anno once used a short drinking glass covered in thick aluminum foil. the whole point to the half pint jar is that it has a good lid to keep contaminants out, and has a wide mouth so the cake can slide right out when finished. You wouldn't be able to slide the cake out of a babyfood jar, but you could use a spoon and case. I'd go with grain spawn and horse dung though. The question i see is will you be able to get steril spores.

--------------------

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Growing Mexican Cubensis (in mexico) [Re: Shaw]
    #4630121 - 09/07/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

another option is to get some glad or other microwaveable disposable plastic containers (round or square) for a few bucks. if you have tyvek available to you, cut a large hole in the top lid and glue a tyvek piece from the underside. then make a small hole for injection (or you can pump through the tyvek and patch it. if not, you can use polyfill to stuff a few holes instead.

look around the house for old jars etc which you can convert.

or you can order pre sealable plastic bags from a myco supply vendor, put your grains in and seal with a hot metal rod.

InvisibleShaw

#4630123 - 09/07/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh, and i was just reminded... If you can find a jar of similar size to jalf pint, you can just take the lid off and let it fruit out the top of the jar. you'll still want a terrarium of some kind to put it in.

--------------------

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

#4631868 - 09/07/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well i?m sure someone sells jars in this city but at least i couldn?t find them at walmart and similar stores :frown: ... You wanna know something crazy? One of the reasons i decided to grow shrooms is because i just moved out. I?m finally living by myself after traveling around europe, now i rented an aptmnt and... well you?ll see i have nothing. I am buying most of the things i need for the duty. Yes i have some Mayo but the jar has too much yet and i don?t have any other jar. So i guess i?ll stick to my idea of going downtown this weekend so i can look at the glass shops there.

Shaw, thanks a lot for the explanation i understand why it has to be something with a wide mouth but i didn?t know if it had anything to do with pressure and heat... you know for the sterilization part.
Steril spores... well i went hunting last weekend and got some cubes i took spore prints and i have tried to be careful enough. I really don?t know what to expect or what to do. I just read the forum and all advices that i can and keep doing things the way i can because i have no possible way of ordering spores or buying this jars. So i?ll try to make my syringes (any good advice is welcomed) and to grow cubes and if i fail maybe i will then try to start over and save some money so i can buy specialized items. U know is a little bit hard to live by yourself, have a job, a girlfriend and still want to grow magic guys. But i?m tryiing... :smile:
Thanks puwtrip for your comments too.

I?ll let you know what i get

P.S. Sorry bout my english i learned from videogames :P

--------------------

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

#4633180 - 09/08/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

BTW is there any way to sterilize a spore print??? Thanks in advance

--------------------

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

any one please [Re: AngeloWish]
    #4633548 - 09/08/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe i am just being so noob and annoying with my questions but i'd really apreciate some help about sterilizing a spore print. Thanks again.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any one please [Re: AngeloWish]
    #4633576 - 09/08/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you sterilized a spore print, the spores would be sterile. Read up on agar plates. Then you can isolate mycelium from contams on the plate.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

Re: any one please [Re: FooMan]
    #4633785 - 09/08/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Mi sugerencia deber? utilizar arroz integral simple, no enharina y llena el primero 3 cm con polyfill o alguna otra sustancia est?ril seca con ning?n valor nutritivo, tal como la arena.

--------------------
Pride is a Fool's Version of Wisdom
-Anonymous

"Don't study the idea to death with experts and committees. Get on with it and see if it works."

-Ken Iverson

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

Re: any one please [Re: DarkDisciple]
    #4633929 - 09/08/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

para la gringos

i said use just brown rice cooked and put something dry and non nutritious like polyfil

--------------------
Pride is a Fool's Version of Wisdom
-Anonymous

"Don't study the idea to death with experts and committees. Get on with it and see if it works."

-Ken Iverson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules