Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Salvia
    #462829 - 11/18/01 10:13 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I smoked some concentrated Salvia extract last night for the first time. I had never heard of it before coming to the shroomery.

where is it from, who uses it (traditionally, which culture) and why? please help me here last night was terrifying but now I am fascinated, I have more and can easily get more so I am going to do it again but this time I want to have a little bit more of an idea what it's about. Is DMT similar? because i found out i can get some DMT within a month as well!!!! scarey shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: Salvia [Re: Traveller]
    #462831 - 11/18/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

oaxaca......

to commune with the divine sage.....

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: D_Tox]
    #462862 - 11/18/01 10:41 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

oaxaca? divine sage? do you know anything about the ritual involved in taking it? setting? fasting? do's and don'ts, beliefs?

thanks anyway, i can go look up oaxaca now.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #463208 - 11/19/01 07:26 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

this oughta do for starters:
http://www.bluehoney.org/salvia.html

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: gnrm23]
    #464913 - 11/20/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

perfect. just opened the page but it looks like a good place to start. thanks

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: gnrm23]
    #464917 - 11/20/01 07:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well perfect except that every link takes me to a goddamn "mind modulator" advertisement.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #464952 - 11/20/01 08:02 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ok some of the links work, by the sounds of it I smoked myself straight into a "level 6" trip, according to the one attempt at a scale...of levels 1 to 6.

I was glad to come out of it alive, if very shaken....this is a completely new realm really isn't it? I mean it was nothing like mushrooms, and mushrooms have taught me more than I could possibly explain....anyway it looks like I have more exploring to do.

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
    #464991 - 11/20/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe you border lined level 5 and 6 because if im not mistaken level 6 usually results in either passing out or forgetting what happend. Just look up salvia at Erowid.org they have alot of info on it.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Salvia [Re: optikal_trip]
    #465004 - 11/20/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Or better yet go to www.salvia-divinorum.org

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: optikal_trip]
    #465218 - 11/21/01 12:45 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I forgot completely what happened, except for the last 20 seconds or so when I regained consciousness halfway up a fence, grabbed my shit and got the hell away as quickly as possible on my bike!

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
    #465278 - 11/21/01 02:23 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

To answer an earlier question... the "traditional" ways to commune with the divine (divin-, Latin root extening to divinorum, the botanical species of mint, salvia is mint) were to make an infusion of 60 fresh leaves in water and drink it.

This at first may sound contradictory as Salvinorin-A, the identified active component is said to be orally inactive. However, it is absorbed in the soft tissues of the mouth, ex: sublingually. And fresh leafs can have a profoundly greater potency than dried leafs.

Best to have a "sitter" with you, for those experimenting.

Current research has shown about 1-1.5 grams of leaf slowly chewed holding the saliva enhances meditation - anything beyond this dose tends to get disturbing. Meditators report easier entry and easier sustaning a meditative state.

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #469523 - 11/25/01 06:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i just tried salvia for the first time this past saturday. it was quite a strange experience, although i do not believe i had a very strong trip. i'm not sure if this is my type of drug, when i smoked the 5x extract i had, i held it in for about 20 seconds and by the time i was exhaling i was already feeling the effects. it kind of numbed be and relaxed all the muscles in my body. i couldn't speak or what i thought i was speaking was actually just my thoughts because my two good friends sitting next to me kept talking about something else ignoring what i was saying. then i asked myself, "can they hear me?" and it seemed like i had said that outloud so i came to the conclusion that i just wasn't talking. anyway, back to the question at hand, read the FAQ and the users guide at:

www.sagewisdom.org

i will definitely have to experiment with this plant again as well. when i get back to my dorm, there should be an ounce of dried leaves waiting for me :) we'll see how this all goes...

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: geokills]
    #470476 - 11/26/01 08:14 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well i smoked another little bag of extract a few days ago and while i didn't freak out or anything I learned absolutely nothing.

Living in tokyo i've bought magic mushrooms several times and always had good trips but always felt very WRONG to BUY such a magical powerful plant...and to buy mushrooms that have been grown in amsterdam or something, mass produced...in australia when it is mushroom season we go off into the forest and search for them, sometimes bringing home huge amounts sometimes finding none. just hunting for them is a magical experience in itself. we grow our own ganja or buy it from people that have grown it....last week i smoked some crazy hydro shit from amsterdam for the first time in months, after smoking nice bush weed from some nearby mountains for the past few months. the hydro shit was mighty strong but tasted foul and my body reacted to it very badly, my chest tightened up instantly...

back to salvia. after smoking it once i saw that this is a POWEFUL plant. i still had some left so i smoked it in two goes, and now I will never buy it again. While i'm still interested I think it could be dangerous to mess around with such a powerful plant without any understanding of what i'm doing. dangerous maybe but possibly just a waste of time, also i have no idea of what it might be doing to me, my brain, my body. i don't think i will learn anything without direct in person help from someone who knows it well.

basically I felt like an idiot for smoking something i'd read about in the shroomery and buying from a shop.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #470600 - 11/26/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

...but always felt very WRONG to BUY such a magical powerful plant...and to buy mushrooms that have been grown in amsterdam or something, mass produced

Your attitudes are your attitudes, but seem inconsistent. Food is a much more "sacred" substance (though not as rare) than any entheogen. The ability of our bodies to turn a vegetables and fruit into muscles, brains, dreams, and actions is miraculous.

Yet I doubt you have any difficulty buying mass produced tomatoes (or _____ you fill in the blank) at your grocery store. Mass produced = reasonable cost.

Gordon Wasson paid Maria Sabina for her services (as are all shamans) when he was introduced to the mushroom. Nothing sacreligious about an exchange for goods and services rendered.

Sure, it is way more fun to forage for mushrooms, but if none are available in your area, there is nothing inheritently wrong about purchasing them.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #470823 - 11/27/01 01:43 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>after smoking it once i saw that this is a POWEFUL plant.
no arguments there...

>i still had some left so i smoked it in two goes, and now I will never buy it again
i'm quite sure i will not buy any again either... however i still have an ounce of dry leaves to go through and a little more than a gram of the 5x :tongue:

>dangerous maybe but possibly just a waste of time
yes, it doesn't seem too insightful, but maybe we're just not doin it right :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: Salvia [Re: geokills]
    #470897 - 11/27/01 04:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard people trying once and never wanting to do it agian is rather common. This would give it a marginal degree of safety for Salvia divinourm being classified as "addictive". I've never heard of anybody "addicted" to Slavia divinorum.

The only successful research I know about is it's use in meditation. Meditation is good for your mind and body in itself.

The only danger I've read about is people experimenting with it for the first time alone. Accidentally starting fires, and walking into things. This is why a "sitter" is recommened.

I guess it's not the thing for everybody...

--------------------

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: Swami]
    #471952 - 11/28/01 01:21 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yes I do have difficulty buy mass produced tomatoes or any other crop. I think that when all or most of the food i eat comes from places a very long way from where i am, rice from thailand fruit and beef from australia bottled water from france?? that (on the local scale) my body has become seperate from the environment in which i live. maybe this has something to do with my perception of "myself" as being separate...whatever, I absolutely believe that for the ultimate in happiness and physical wellbeing i need to eat, drink and breathe my home, hopefully a forest somewhere, and let it eat, drink, and breathe me. i'm thinking about vegies and animals, rivers, shit, piss, oxygen and carbon dioxide. if you think about it it makes sense.

ok your point about purchasing services from a shaman is great, just as a doctor needs payment in order to live from his profession, i think you can see that paying a shaman for a guided mushroom journey in a natural setting is somehow different to paying large amounts of money for mushrooms grown in some hydro set-up (how do you grow mushrooms? need lights or what? i assume people don't grow them on tree stumps in amsterdam so what kind of nutrients are they getting?) for profit.

oh and when i say i feel wrong doing these things, i mean that I feel wrong, not that IT IS WRONG, but that it is wrong FOR ME. sort of.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Salvia [Re: oneoverzero]
    #471956 - 11/28/01 01:25 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'll try it again when i meet someone that knows how to use it. for now i'll just keep meditating.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#471958 - 11/28/01 01:27 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ya, it's sort of like comparing Vegans with Vegetarians... (neither of which am I at the moment) You determine the degree of your own committment. You can dig even deeper into these two classes. If you get what I mean. For some, a mushroom must come off a serene stump. To me, this is out of reach so I move on to the next best option. If your best option is buying from a drug dealer who buys from a huge grow op, well, that's your best choice. If you have better choices availiable, yet you still decide to buy from the drug dealer and his grower, well, that's also your choice.

--------------------

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
    #472124 - 11/28/01 07:23 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a sensible plan Traveller. I will continue to meditate for the rest of my life. You should be able to recognize the expression on someone's face after they meditate - ahhhhh, soooo happy & relaxed. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #472183 - 11/28/01 09:02 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Just a three cents worth on Salvia.

It is the most powerful thing I have ever tried in my life. II started out smoking it in a super-quiet environment with no lights or sounds lying or sitting in a super-comfortable pose. Taking as many hits as I can without loosing coordination completely. Then I sit back and look for myself. Then I laugh. The closer I get to myself, the more I laugh. Twice I have found myself for about a shortest instant and laughed for many hours afterwords. Never been able to keep myself, once I find myself I lose myself again very soon, but that doesn't matter, because when I have myself, I realize that it's OK to loose myself, and I remember I realized that, so it's fine... Once I find myself, I Know things. But never tell them, I just laugh. Laughter tells more then words. My friends become quiet and listen to my laughter and they rejoyce. But I Know that this is not a surprize to them. I Know that they Know too, but they don't know that they Know. I recognize my friends, I even recognize my cats. And I look at them and I laugh. If I find myself, I can ask any question and it will be answered, but I Know not to ask. I Know and I laugh at the simplicity of the answer. Really, the biggest surprize is the simplicity, because only the creature as stupid as myself can overlook such simple things all the time. And only the creature as wize as myself can create a creature so stupid as to be able to overlook anything.

And then, when I loose myself I, once again, start believing it has to do anything with Salvia, or how you smoke it.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Salvia [Re: gribochek]
    #472433 - 11/28/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Awareness doesn't have anything to offer me through the meshing of me and salvia anymore. I got the vision, and was able to creatively discharge it, and now when I try it the Master of the House seems mildly annoyed. the same vision, the same feelings, they're certainly Witnessed - but it showed me a new vision of how to Witness, and I learned it - that's all I could learn.... What is Witnessed through salvia anymore doesn't seem to matter much at all.
DMT on the other hand is an entirely different story, and my rapport with it is much more lush, friendly, and intimate right now. What is there is so much more tastey to me, and the how to question is scary and awesome to know i can accept the kind of freedom it's shown. i feel it will be a mighty realization when i find an outlet for that!

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale