Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   eBay Lab Glassware   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, San Pedro, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funnel?
    #4627726 - 09/06/05 11:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone know where i could get some

-xylene
-sodium hydroxide
-ph strips
-cheap or makeshift separatory funnel

Mescaline salt extraction tek that i plan to use

planning on experimenting with some good ol' illicit chemistry.
thanks

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThef0rk
His Highness

Loc: Far, Far Away
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: darkstar45]
    #4627865 - 09/07/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Xylene is a solvent and can probably be found in a hardware store, but purity would be questionable. Sodium hydroxide is just another name for lye. Try looking up "soap making" on google. That might get you started on the right direction. ph strips can be found a pool supply store or a pet supply store (by the aquarium supplies). A seperatory funnel is not absolutely necessary for seperation. You could probably just use a turkey (sic?) baster. If you insist on having one you could make one yourself with a little work, jack one from your school (if you still attend), or find one online. They're really simple devices and I would think they'd be cheap as well.

Check out this link:

http:/www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_chemistry2.shtml

--------------------
"I ams what I ams and thats all that I ams."
--Popeye (The Sailor Man)

Edited by Thef0rk (09/07/05 12:31 AM)

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Thef0rk]
    #4627978 - 09/07/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks alot! Great ideas there!

--------------------
There he goes...

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: darkstar45]
    #4628753 - 09/07/05 04:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Meth Labs R Us

Aisle nine, between the methylamine and the diacetyle ether.

Or Lowes, online.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4629249 - 09/07/05 11:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

MagicalMystery - yea don't know jack...

-xylene - nasty stuff,, i wouldn't us it
-sodium hydroxide - lye - cleaning agent like reddevil - or online soap shops - or a chem supplyer
-ph strips - pool shop
-cheap or makeshift separatory funnel - ebay or a large ziplock back w/ a corner to pinchoff

-u didn't see me here- www.dmtworld.org

--------------------

OfflineCandyLand
Stranger
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: 3six5]
    #4629991 - 09/07/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

As for separatory funnels...

"I take either a water bottle with a closing nozzle, and cut off the bottom for an open ended sep funnel, or I use a gatorade bottle with the orange and green twist tops... I use mason jars to do the shaking and stuff, then pour in the homemade funnel, and let it sit in the top of the small mouth quart jars to let it settle... Works awesome and costs a dollar per funnel, but you can't do a lot at once and everytime you pour more in it remixes it slightly... Not too bad for smaller extractions..." - CrookedEye- DMT World

Edited by CandyLand (09/07/05 03:29 PM)

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: CandyLand]
    #4630790 - 09/07/05 06:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aisle nine, between the methylamine and the diacetyle ether.

Ahh, in a perfect world.

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: 3six5]
    #4630824 - 09/07/05 06:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yeah xylene is nasty stuff i hear, but what else can you do thats effective? good idea on the seperatory funnel too.

Another thing, to get the san pedro cactus... should i spend the ass load of money to buy it online, or get it at the nursery section of my local homedepot or something. is there a difference. i immagine online is probably orgainic and all, but what do you thnk?

--------------------
There he goes...

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #4630882 - 09/07/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Xylene isnt that bad. I used to use it daily when I was a caulker with no ill effects or anything and Id constantly wash my gun in the bucket'o xylen with my bare hands (this was outside). Just dont drink the shit or get it in an open wound cause it burns like hell. Sodium Hydroxide is more dangerous.

Edited by Gratos (09/07/05 06:56 PM)

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Gratos]
    #4632090 - 09/07/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Each solvent has different solubility characteristics. The only thing that is exactly like xylene is toulene (almost exactly the same) but that is harder to get and more hazardous. Check any major chain home improvement store. Will be with the paint stripper, more than likely in a blue can. Think quart or gallon size.

NaOH aka sodium hydroxide, aka lye. Don't worry about soap making and the internet. If you live in the states, probably Canada as well, check any major grocery/department store chain in the drain cleaner isle. Will be white jar with red lid, only one brand available that I have seen. You may have to check, diff chains offer diff stuff. Also, stores in the suburbs will offer it more than stores in the ghetto, whole meth lab thing.

pH strips. Not exactly sure on the strips. You can get some pH testers in the pool supply section of most department stores this time of year, or pool supply store. I would suggest going to a major chain home improvement place and going into the gardening section. Most of them sell pH meters for $15-20 and can be reused as much as possible, and are more accurate in my opinion.

Sep funnel, check online auction sites for seperatory funnel or just lab glassware. Will point you in the right direction if you want a real one. You can use a baggy and pinch the end, but I wouldn't suggest that if you are using xylene. Not sure on xylene's solubility of pvc, but check the pvc section of a hardware store. They have valves that you can adjust the flow of water. Not the most accurate, not sure what you need. I would suggest getting spray paint with teflon and spraying the inside though. Safer is better.

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Smushroom]
    #4632208 - 09/08/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

so i can get lye at like vons or rite aid? even better. save on shipping then.

--------------------
There he goes...

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
    #4632576 - 09/08/05 01:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe Vons, not in my area but may have it. Rite Aid, no, probably not. Not sure what chains are in your area, but if Vons doesn't have it, try other grocery or department stores. Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. From the experience in my city, about 3 in 4 chains carry it, but only in about 50% of their stores. I would say about 30% of the grocery and/or department stores in my area have it on hand. Some hardware stores have it as well.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Smushroom]
    #4632759 - 09/08/05 03:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Red Devil Lye - Drain Opener

Found at most hardware stores. I found mine at my cities AQ Hardware store and is Red Devil Brand. It would be found in the plumbing section or chemical section. Im using this stuff for dmt extraction. Also be prepared to answer questions as to why you wanna buy it because every store I asked lye even though they didnt have lye asked me why would i need lye. Theres so many legal reasons for lye so try this, a cure for olives....

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4632776 - 09/08/05 03:22 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Xylene is in the hardware store im pretty sure. you can make a seperatory funnel out of a 40. check out forums.thenook.org for more information about the extraction. check the archives section, thares a pictoral how to.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: S8N]
    #4633003 - 09/08/05 06:39 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This is for a Sep. Funnel,

I found a good seller on ebay that has shipping insurance for a couple more dollars. He also has 100% feedback and guarnteed product if not send back for full refund. The glasses are meant to be in the finest condition and are bought from a manufactor. Heres the link.

Ebay - Sep. Funnel

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/08/05 06:40 AM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know where i could find Xylene, Sodium hydroxide, ph strips, and a cheap sepearatory funn [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4635112 - 09/08/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Heres a guarnteed listing for Red Devil Brand Lye,

AQ Hardwares

Ace Hardwares

Thats about it I think i'll havta research more.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   eBay Lab Glassware   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, San Pedro, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience