Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSherman901
Stranger
This is my plan
    #4627696 - 09/06/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to follow http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml as a guide and I was going to alter it a bit. I'm only going to do one cake at a time. I'm going to get a small tupperware tub that's just big enough for one cake and some room to grow. I'm going to mix up vermiculite and all that stuff and let it colonize. I'm going to stick the colonizing jar on top of one of my vents in my boiler room. It's a stealth grow so it's going to be back in the back where there is only a little bit of light. I'm also going to put the tupperware back there. While it colonizes I basically just have to leave it alone right? I'm not in any hurry so I don't care if it colonizes fast or not. Once it's fully colonized I'm going to stick it in the rubbermaid with some perlite and water. Then whenever I can get a chance I'll mist it and fan it, but that'll probably only be around 3 times a day at most. Do you think they'll survive? Do I need to do any more? Am I forgetting anything? My spores arrived over the weekend and I'm hoping to get it started soon.

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young 2006

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: This is my plan [Re: Sherman901]
    #4627712 - 09/06/05 11:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ummmm heres a link to much better guides that tell you everything, you need to fan and mist cakes regularly if the guide you are using doesnt state this you need a better guide
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23019

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Offlinethelurker
Stranger
Re: This is my plan [Re: djsage420]
    #4627968 - 09/07/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If your actually only gonna do 1 cake at a time, just do invitro. Its easy as pie, and its self contained. Honestly you may get better flushes invitro than you will with a small tupperware only fanned 3 times a day. Ive read of people pulling almost 7 grams dry of texans out of an invitro flush. It will also be THAT much more stealthy if thats what youre going for. Also Id reccomend texans to start for invitro, they seem to do the best. Just make the jar, expose to light a few hours a day DURING COLONIZATION and after. When I do it (coffe table ornament) I usually wet the dry verm layer after it starts pinning, leave the lid real loose, and remove the lid once a day to give a little extra air. Honestly I do more maintenace to it than it needs. They will grow nicely right in the jar.

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: This is my plan [Re: thelurker]
    #4628807 - 09/07/05 06:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What's invitro? You just leave the cake in the jar and they grow right out of the top? Does artificial light work?

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
    #4629918 - 09/07/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bump. My syringe looks like clear water. It has this fuzzy black thing that is in it, but otherwise it's just clear. Something bad going on there?

--------------------

OfflinePsyWonderCap
Stranger
    #4629927 - 09/07/05 03:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

no...the fuzzy "black thing" is spores clumped together..read the tek it says "to shake the syringe till your arm hurts" this will dispurse the spores evenly(ish)

--------------------
"Dunk and Roll" How-to

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: This is my plan [Re: PsyWonderCap]
    #4631973 - 09/07/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, so if I got this down correctly... I colonize the jars like normal. Follow the normal PF Tek for putting together cakes and all that junk but while it colonizes I give it a couple hours of light. Artificial light works just as well right? I open up the jar once a day for air exchange while it's colonizing? Or do I do it when it's fully colonized? Then when it's fully colonized I unscrew the top so that it's loose but not all the way off. Then once it starts pinning I wet down the dry vermiculite layer that's on top of my verm/rice mix? Then I take the top off the jar completely and they'll start growing? I just need to keep consistantly give them light and all will be good? What about humidity and all that jazz? Does it humidify itself with the top vermiculite layer when it's wet? Seven grams dry is enough for me. I'm going to be doing a couple of jars if this is all I have to do. Can someone answer these questions?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation