Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefotia
Stranger
Help. Regina, SK
    #4626831 - 09/06/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Don't know what altitude. It was in a field, growing from the soil.

* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)

The gills are white.. though they have a subtle brownish tint to it, I don't know if it's due to age. They are gills and not pores. They seem to be detached from the stem.

* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)

The length is about 3 inches, the diameter is very thin, maybe about half a centimetre, the colour is the same as mentioned with the gills, the stem is .. eh. Spindly? It isn't too solid or too plyable,
it's hollow and kinda hard to rip apart, a thin stem it is.

* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)

The diameter ranges from 2 to 3 cm I'd say, as one of them (i have a bunch of them) has a fairly odd shape. The colour is the same as mentioned before (white, but it all has a slight brown tinge). It's conical, but an imperfect shape, and it seems to variate between convex and concave...

* Spore print color (very important!)

dunno, it's too dry

* Color that the mushroom bruises

The mushroom bruises brownish, and again it's kinda subtle

* Scent of the mushroom

I'd say the smell represents dead fish and even can remind me of vagina. It's less bad since i picked them and now they have a more mushroomy smell.. but still smell bad like before, just to less of an extent.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help. Regina, SK [Re: fotia]
    #4628179 - 09/07/05 01:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dried mushrooms are quite a bit tougher to ID than fresh ones. Even with them in hand they are often impossible to ID.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Help. Regina, SK [Re: fotia]
    #4633128 - 09/08/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'd say the smell represents dead fish and even can remind me of vagina. It's less bad since i picked them and now they have a more mushroomy smell..

Pardon me for taking offence, but you are the first mycologist from the shroomery that has compared the smell of the mushroom to a vagina, at least that I have come across. Party on dude, and good luck finding hallucinogenic mushrooms on the prairies.

--------------------
Wallace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification