Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesmartbomb
Stranger
Moved outdoors
    #4626306 - 09/06/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I successfully inoculated several jars of rye berries with p. cubensis and grew out some nice strandy mycelium. It took forever to grow the mycelium out - not sure why. My incubator was in the low 80s and the rye was mixed according to specifications.

The jars are long overdue to be transplanted into trays and cased, because I had to go on a trip and couldn't tend to them before I left. Rather than just trash them all, I moved them outdoors onto a clean layer of casing (coco coir and vermiculite) and covered up with more of the same. The cakes were pretty wet and the casing was moist but not soaking. I'm curious to know if you folks think I might get anything off this.

Temps here are in the 80s in the daytime and drop to the 60s at night and it gets nice and humid at night with the dew settling in. It's mushroom season all over, although few if any hallucinogenic mushrooms grow near me (new england). The spot I chose is under a large oak tree in a wooded area so its protected from direct sun but gets ample ambient light.

I plan to go down to give them a small drink in the mornings so they don't dry out. I'm not expecting much but it would be great if I at least got a few shrooms off this bunch. One of the jars was pinning, even though they were kept in the dark!

What do you think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Moved outdoors [Re: smartbomb]
    #4626349 - 09/06/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think your ok. Poo would have been better, but it will work, IMO.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation