Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Any air exchange ideas for green house with too much rh?
    #4626190 - 09/06/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have a two tier grrenhouse. I have a cool mist hooked up with to pieces of pvc one to the top shelf and the other to the bottom shelf. i was afraid cool mist drying the casing out so i put my aquarium heater in the resivoir at 80 degrees and now i have great warm mist that i can see flowing in... my humidity is at 90-95% and temps at 74-78.. well, on my casing i started to see myc peek through the casing little by little. well, over the last 3 days its totally through the casing. there like little bumps but with alot of little white hairs coming off them.. what i have read says its the humidity being so high and not to worry .. then i read more air exchange is needed.. so my q is how would i go about making more air exchange for my green house? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any air exchange ideas for green house with too much rh? [Re: tony8404]
    #4626205 - 09/06/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

a fan?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblejoshua m
Not a NoOb
Male

Loc: MiD wEsT
    #7469314 - 09/30/07 07:36 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I am currently building my 4th green house 4 tiers. I usually leave the bottom about 6in up from the bottom. This will allow the heavier gas's to leak out. Also RR talks about putting slit's and cutting holes on the green house as long as 6in with 4 on each side. Personally I have an ultrasonic(I swear by them but with a good timer) so to test how much air exchange i get. I get my GH foggy as hell then turn the ultrasonic off and continue to run my cool mist but with no water just good fresh air. If the fog is gone in 5-10 min your air exchange is perfect. Well just my thoughts. I am a noob so if I am wrong I apologize.

JM

--------------------
We can't stop here...This is bat country!!!

Fear and Loathing is the greatest movie ever!!!

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any air exchange ideas for green house with too much rh? [Re: joshua m]
    #7469323 - 09/30/07 07:40 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

wow dude.. this thread i started was 2 years old .. lol i solved the problem already...thanks though.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #7469384 - 09/30/07 07:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Holy crap!  That was awesome!  Two years later.........:rofl:

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Any air exchange ideas for green house with too much rh? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7470023 - 09/30/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

There's nothing wrong with bumping a 2 year old thread.  It proves the guy was using the search feature, something more should do. :laugh:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any air exchange ideas for green house with too much rh? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7470310 - 09/30/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i wasnt knocking the guy at all, i just was surprised to see one of my own threads pop up after two years i had to think for a second when did i ask this .,. i thought it was recent, i thought man i really grew some good buds this time around...lol .. but i was just letting him know that i had solved the problem, i didnt wanna not answer and leave him hanging.. i actually went with tubing myself this time i still have to give the green house a test run.. i never did finish back then but i did solve the problem recently thats why i was like when did i ask this? i am using a regular cool mist and a ultrasonic cool mist.. there both on a digital timer that is able to go 5 minutes i believe..so i will have them come on every so often cause i think i overkilled that area.. i went with 1 1/4 hose that was in the sump pump department at home depot.. it was like 8 bucks for 10 feet.. more then enough i had thought of making a drain on my cart that houses my green house.. i went mobile.. lol.. sorta like a beer brewing cart.. i even made a like tarp to go over it like when you store a car or winterize a boat.. cant tell what it is..lol...
so i will adjust my timer to the readings on my hygrometer.. i will first see where i stand and then fire them up and go from there ... i doubt i would have to run 1 or 2 minutes ever 5 minutes so i should be safe with the timer.. acutally want anothe for the light bulbs i used in my green house.. i used those ones you use with christmas santas that go outside and light up and are plastic.. i like the digital timer i used cause it has dual plug in so i can run two on one for the humidifying dept. and two on one for the lighting:O) all plug into a surge protector which plugs into the wall outlet that is gfc.. when i get my wifes digital camera out i will take a couple pics.. never seen what i did anywhere on here.. maybe you guys will like it.. wow i am soo stoned right now...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates