Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Question for those who do not beleive stories about anarchy
    #4625635 - 09/06/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If the Red cross and relief workers are saying they were kept out because of the anarchy when there really wasn't any if thats what you beleive, then what is the next plausible excuse for why the were kept out?

The only other one floating around out there is that the goverment was trying to starve them out of existance.

Which do you beleive more or do you have another reason for they were kept out?

I'm erroring on the side that they were kept out for their own safety until the situation was brought under beter control with back up troops.

The only other side to error on is that they were ordered to keep help out and the dying in to finish the job. I can't beleive our governement would do that and think they could get away with it.

To me, relief workers being held back due to anarchy just supports the anarchy reports. Why else were they kept out if there was no sniping and rioting going on?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Question for those who do not beleive stories about anarchy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4625669 - 09/06/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Please show me a post in this forum where someone
said that they didn't believe there was any anarchy.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Question for those who do not beleive stories about anarchy [Re: afoaf]
    #4625702 - 09/06/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If any one thinks that sniping, car jacking, and rapes were not going on, then please step forward and explain why relief workers were being kept out.

I want to hear other reasons if there are some for why they were being kept out.

I also wonder why, so much doubt is being raised to many of the reports. Maybe I should say so much doubt. Just a few are raising a lot of it here. You and and alex certainly are and I havn't taken mental note of names of others.

Alex has just been more in a state of further questioning. Thats all okay. I hope people don't write it off as all rubbish and set themselves up for a repeat performance the next time if its true.

What portion of the anarchy do you beleive was taking place afoaf?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Question for those who do not beleive stories about anarchy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4625728 - 09/06/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Some things clearly happened, others might have, some
may have not.

You have to remember, there's hundreds of news agencies
all chomping at the bit for a scoop.

Most of them are puppeting the same stories from the
same sources.

Some are substantiated, others are heresay.

Personally, I'd prefer to believe that this is bad reporting
and general hysteria and not roving bands raping 7 year olds
in the bathroom and leaving them for dead.

It's hard for me to grasp an inhuman reality like that. It's
more likely that this is a grossly overstated falsehood, it's
also easier to stomach that belief.

Victims...victim's families...eyewitnesses...?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4625755 - 09/06/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They are only showing the happy family reunions arn't they? They did show some eyewitness reports of the rapes earlier in the week at the convention center. They were hysterical people too.

I hear you about the stomaching part. Beleive me, I have shut off the TV and to this issue too when I have had enough and start to feel sick. It's like, I make note of stuff and then, don't dwell in it after that. I'm taking breaks to remember and see ther good out there to deal with what i have been watching. Even went to Bush Gardens yesterday to remind myself the whole world isn't in hell right now, just parts of it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4713350 - 09/26/05 11:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's Time to Investigate the Press

With the passage of time, it has become apparent that most of the "evidence" on the basis of which the Democrats launched their hysterical post-Katrina attack on the Bush administration was wrong. As the facts come into focus, the dominant question that emerges is: how could the mainstream media have done such a poor job in reporting on Hurricane Katrina?

Here's the latest http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002520986_katmyth26.html -- The lurid reports of widespread criminality in New Orleans, and especially of crime and chaos at the SuperDome and Convention Center, were almost entirely untrue:

Quote:

Following days of internationally reported murders, rapes and gang violence inside the stadium, the doctor from FEMA...came prepared for a grisly scene: He brought a refrigerated 18-wheeler and three doctors to process bodies.
"I've got a report of 200 bodies in the Dome," [Louisiana National Guard Col. Thomas] Beron recalled the doctor saying.

The real total?

Six, Beron said.

Of those, four died of natural causes, one overdosed and another jumped to his death in an apparent suicide, said Beron, who personally oversaw the handoff of bodies from a Dome freezer....

At the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, just four bodies have been recovered, despite reports of heaps of dead piled inside the building. Only one of the dead appeared to have been murdered, said health and law-enforcement officials.

That the nation's frontline emergency-management officials believed the body count would resemble that of a bloody battle in a war is but one of scores of examples of myths about the Dome and the Convention Center treated as fact by evacuees, the news media and even some of the city's top officials, including the mayor and police superintendent.

The vast majority of reported atrocities committed by evacuees ? mass murders, rapes and beatings ? have turned out to be false, or at least unsupported by any evidence, according to key military, law-enforcement, medical and civilian officials in positions to know.

"I think 99 percent of it is [expletive]," said Sgt. 1st Class Jason Lachney, who played a key role in security and humanitarian work inside the Dome.

Orleans Parish District Attorney Eddie Jordan said authorities have only confirmed four murders in the entire city in the aftermath of Katrina ? making it a typical week in a city that anticipated more than 200 homicides this year.

"I had the impression that at least 40 or 50 murders had occurred at the two sites," he said. "It's unfortunate we saw these kinds of stories saying crime had taken place on a massive scale when that wasn't the case. And they [national media outlets] have done nothing to follow up on any of these cases; they just accepted what people [on the street] told them. ... It's not consistent with the highest standards of journalism."

The media's enthusiastic mis-reporting of falsehood as fact seriously damaged the rescue effort:

Quote:

Compass conceded that rumor had overtaken, and often crippled, authorities' response to reported lawlessness, sending badly needed resources to situations that turned out not to exist.

It's time for some accountability here. The conventional wisdom is that no one performed particularly well in the aftermath of Katrina--not local, state or federal authorities, and not considerable numbers of private citizens. But it now appears clear that the worst performance of all was turned in by the mainstream media. Congress should promptly investigate, and try to get to the bottom of the following questions:

* How did so many false rumors come to be reported as fact?
* Do news outlets have any procedures in place to avoid this kind of mis-reporting? If so, why did their procedures fail so miserably?
* To what extent were the false rumors honest mistakes, and to what extent were they deliberate fabrications?
* To the extent that the false reports were deliberate, did the press pass them on through sheer negligence, or did some reporters participate in deliberate fabrication?
* Did the widespread breakdown in accurate reporting stem only from a failure to follow proper journalistic standards, or did it also reflect a deliberate effort to damage the Bush administration by passing on unconfirmed rumors as fact?
* In deciding what stories to report, did the news media consider the likelihood that passing on false rumors would damage the rescue effort?

It is vitally important to get to the bottom of these questions, so that future natural disasters are not similarly mis-reported.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/011792.php

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4715665 - 09/26/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
Some things clearly happened, others might have, some
may have not.

You have to remember, there's hundreds of news agencies
all chomping at the bit for a scoop.

Most of them are puppeting the same stories from the
same sources.

Some are substantiated, others are heresay.

Personally, I'd prefer to believe that this is bad reporting
and general hysteria and not roving bands raping 7 year olds
in the bathroom and leaving them for dead.

It's hard for me to grasp an inhuman reality like that. It's
more likely that this is a grossly overstated falsehood, it's
also easier to stomach that belief.

Victims...victim's families...eyewitnesses...?

it really wouldn't matter if the events did or didn't happen... the reports themselves would have been sufficient to warrant cordoning off the area... in retrospect i'd gather thats exactly what they did, considering the reports that have come out since of relief vehicles being turned back...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion