Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People"
    #4625625 - 09/06/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

^^Video

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR2005090300165_pf.html

^^Transcript...

Why We Love Live Television, Reason No. 137:

NBC's levee broke and Kanye West flooded through with a tear about the federal response in New Orleans during the network's live concert fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Katrina last night.

The rapper was among the celebs and singers participating in the one-hour special, produced by NBC News and run on the NBC broadcast network, as well as MSNBC and CNBC, because, hey, the numbers couldn't be any worse than usual on a Friday night and hopefully they'd raise a chunk of change for a good cause, the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.

Among the performers, Faith Hill sang "There Will Come a Time," which included the lyrics, "The darkness will be gone, the weak shall be strong. Hold on to your faith." Aaron Neville performed Randy Newman's "Louisiana 1927" with its chorus: "They're trying to wash us away, they're trying to wash us away."

West was not scheduled to perform; he was one of the blah, blah, blahers, who would read from scripts prepared by the network about the impact of Katrina on southern Louisiana and Mississippi.

West and Mike Myers had been paired up to appear about halfway through the show. Their assignment: Take turns reading a script describing the breach in the levees around New Orleans.

Myers: The landscape of the city has changed dramatically, tragically and perhaps irreversibly. There is now over 25 feet of water where there was once city streets and thriving neighborhoods.

(Myers throws to West, who looked extremely nervous in his super-preppy designer rugby shirt and white pants, which is not like the arrogant West and which, in retrospect, should have been a tip-off.)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors' will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn't care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

At which point someone at NBC News finally regained control of the joystick and cut over to Chris Tucker, who started right in with more scripted blah, blah, blah.

"Tonight's telecast was a live television event wrought with emotion," parent company NBC Universal said in a statement issued to the Reporters Who Cover Television after the broadcast.

"Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks. It would be most unfortunate if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

West's comments would be cut from the West Coast feed, an NBC spokeswoman told The TV Column. (The Associated Press later reported that only his comment about the president was edited out.) The show was live on the East Coast with a several-second delay; someone with his finger on a button was keeping an ear peeled in case someone uttered an obscenity but did not realize that West had gone off-script, the spokeswoman said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I think what he is trying to say about this, is that the black community has to come together to help and donate, because the government is failing. Because in the end they don't REALLY care...

And I agree.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Loc: east coast
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4629429 - 09/07/05 01:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

kanye should shut up and be happy that he makes more money a year than the president. no matter who is president in this country, they are going to get criticized for one thing or another.

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

Edited by diabla (09/07/05 01:02 PM)

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: diabla]
    #4629444 - 09/07/05 01:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Not that I'd say we should lynch this loud mouthed jungle man, but, well,.yea, I guess thats exactly what i'd say.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Loc: east coast
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4629459 - 09/07/05 01:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i'm a fan of kanye, but i hate it when celebs bitch about the president, like they could do a better job.

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4629654 - 09/07/05 01:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, MagicalMystery, whats 9 inches and white?

Nothing!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4629760 - 09/07/05 02:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I understand criticism about what occurred, but if I were to get up on national television and run my big mouth, I would at least make sure I knew what I was talking about.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4629838 - 09/07/05 02:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You are wrong. A booklet mailer is 6"x9".

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4629904 - 09/07/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media.

"Now I aint sayin she a gold digger (When I'm need)
but she aint messin wit no broke niggaz
get down girl go head get down (on your knees)
get down girl go head

But when you get on he leave yo ass for a white girl"

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4629939 - 09/07/05 03:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

stormfront.org just registered 30 million new people

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: looner2]
    #4629951 - 09/07/05 03:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: daimyo]
    #4630050 - 09/07/05 03:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know, but it's one of the only good white jokes out there. Well, that and black people in white face. That's pretty funny also.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4630308 - 09/07/05 04:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i'll have to start approving their accounts faster *mod*

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4630318 - 09/07/05 04:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What do you call a white man who's got a job, pays taxes, doesn't use public assistance, prepares for emergencies, has a car, pays his bill on time and is sick and tired of working to keep lazy black people fed and bitching about white folk?

76.5% of the country.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4630339 - 09/07/05 04:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

See, that's just not funny.

Offline001
Stranger
    #4630356 - 09/07/05 04:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i dont stay focused on pop culture, prob cause i dont watch tv that much, but i saw on mtv2 that kayne guy getting interviewed. i would have to say hes one IQ point above a box of fried chicken, a watermelon, and a bottle of rum. he reminds me of those kids in highschool than have a hard time reading.

and yet i still wonder at why the american public gives a damn what the retarded have to say.

could someone explain to me why there are no intelligent people running this country? or no intelligent celebrities, since they seem to have an equal voice to that of our leaders?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4630368 - 09/07/05 04:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's just not anything.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: 001]
    #4630397 - 09/07/05 05:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"i would have to say hes one IQ point above a box of fried chicken, a watermelon, and a bottle of rum."

now thats funny.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Kanye West "George Bush Does Not Care About Black People" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4630413 - 09/07/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That was kinda funny.

He's a pretty good vocalist, I like that his Christianity seems directed in instead of out. He's got some nuts going on air and going off prompter like that, like I said earlier, there are alot of leaders of first world nations that don't have the nuts to do that.

Might not be the brightest crayon in the box though. (Since we're talking about color so much right?)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4630802 - 09/07/05 06:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
stormfront.org just registered 30 million new people

Those motherfuckers permabanned me for conducting intelligent debate with them. Actually, I was attempting to carry on these debates with them. It's tough to have intelligent debate when only one party has any resemblance of intelligence.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4630890 - 09/07/05 06:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was under the impression he didn't care about anyone.

I thought Kanye was going to begin crying during that diatribe. It sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion