Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Eastern Iowa
What are the causes of stalling?
    #4625157 - 09/06/05 12:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I have several mycobags that I noc'd round the first of August. They have since, stalled.. I smashed them up around 50% that was about two weeks ago.. since then, there has been growth in some, but slowly. others have not really recovered.. Just wondering what causes stalling..

:lurker:  freedomainradio.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: I moved!
Re: What are the causes of stalling? [Re: larryg]
    #4626030 - 09/06/05 05:03 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

In my experience with Mycobags, I have noticed that they are not always PERFECT. They are good, but one bag of Rye that I got was a little on the dry side, and colonization went very slowly. Now, to Mycobags credit;

Bags in general seem to give newly colonizing substrates some difficulty. For one, they are not solid like a jar. You would think that just leaving them in a TIT and not bothering them would negate that fact. However, if you move the tub the slightest bit, it not only "jars" the bags as it would to pf-styled jars, but the bags do not retain form...hence any number of those small little grains can shift. Now when that comes to colonization stability, it really does have a factor...

Now if you are checking those bags every day or few, they are getting tossed around like a kid on a roller coaster - except there aren't any safety straps. Those grains get no chance to form stronger myc networks, hence colonization is slightly stunned. It's equivalent to shaking a jar every few days. After a week, you will only have one little strong spot of myc.

So thats just the word on the stability of bags. In general, I find that bags which are inoculated with spore solutions generally take longer than jars...but then again, I try and knock up about 3qt with only two CC's, and now we are talking about giving that myc a lot of ground to cover before it is strong.

Now don't forget that the bags could have moisture problems, but most likely not.

I would guess that you first might want to ensure you are in the 84-86ish range for your temps. Also, try to leave them totally undisturbed for as long as possible.

Hope that helps a bit..good luck, and come on back if there are still troubles. We will see whats up.

ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation