Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejebus_dude
Stranger

psilobes.
    #4625139 - 09/06/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've found some liberty bells on a field that's used for a feeding post for reindeers.

anyway, the libertybells are easy to recoqnize. but I found other LBM that sprung out directly from the shit of the reindeers (:

they where slimy, had a thicker foot and the cap was gell like, semi-transparent (on picking and storing, the cap loosed the semi-transparancy and got white-brownish) and trought it you could see what I recall seeing on ear yellyfish.

is this something usefull ? since It's hard to find LBM pictured in ordinary mushroom books (they never picture psilobes)..

I'll get pics later. Why I ask, is beacuse this is the first time picking em , never thought I could find em. I was after Amanaita Muscaria, when My eagle eye friend stopped, and jumped into the ditches and found theese suckers..

also I want to know, how to use em in the best way. we're currently drying em under a lamp. we'll prolly grind em into powder, then cook the and add the powder. let it cool. then drink. wait 1hour and see (:

how much dosage for Liberty Bell ? since you can't take to much, better be safe than sorry and pick around 100 of em, since we are 2.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: psilobes. [Re: jebus_dude]
    #4625308 - 09/06/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Please, Please dont go eating mushrooms if you arent sure what your doing. What you described really doesnt sound like psilocybes and if your new to picking i would make sure you had a 100% positive on the id first before you go eating them. Also you dont dry mushrooms under a lamp, heat degrades them and they will be worthless. So read the sticky about the info you need to provide for someone to id them for you and provide pictures. Your life depends on it, mushrooms are not something to take lightly there are varieties that can take days or weeks to get you sick and by that time ur kidneys are shot and you could die. good luck...

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: psilobes. [Re: phishhead]
    #4625888 - 09/06/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like you need to do A LOT more research before you touch another mushroom. Post pictures and an EXTREMELY DETAILED description if you want your mushrooms identified. Lol and wtf is a liberty bell??? And cooking your shrooms?????. Wow.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: psilobes. [Re: Shrum821]
    #4625938 - 09/06/05 04:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

psilobes? liberty bell? drying under a lamp? liberty CAPS on poo? cooking them? 100+ of this unidentified and most likely inactive dung species made into tea? wow, your on a roll. Seriously, if you dont do some more research than that, expect an early grave. Everything I just questioned is completely wrong. You need to get your head out of your ass, read a few good articles on what mushroom poisoning symptoms are like, and use some fuckin logic here.

either your a puppet or you need to click here www.shroomery.org and study like a bitch.

your mushroom is not active cause liberty caps dont grow on manure of any sort. you probably found an inactive panaeolus species. please do your research, the body count from mushroom-related incidents is already high enough.

Offlinejebus_dude
Stranger

Re: psilobes. [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4629238 - 09/07/05 11:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the concern.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-36/610712403-8.jpg

are the once I found. I know what injuries poisionous shrooms can cause. And the research I've done about toxic shrooms in my country. There are noone descipting theese shrooms..

they are a brown capped, brown spored shroom that are deadly. But it lives out of decaying wood, or rothen wood debries in the forest.

So_ .. I don't know. This is the first LBM shrooming for me. Ok thanks for the tips about the heatlamp.

and if not tea , what should you do with your psilobes?

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4629281 - 09/07/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

looks like a mixed collection to me.

i don't see any that I can tell are lib caps for sure.

i wouldn't eat them.

DH

Offlinejohahnchristo
breaktech beatengineer

Re: psilobes. [Re: spores]
    #4629547 - 09/07/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dude, either you need to stop picking mushies or you are a puppet. 3/4ths of your statements are either misspelled, or just wrong. You're going to hurt yourself.

--------------------
Shows I will be spinning at
Where Life Begins-Aug. 27th
Epidural Sept 2nd/5th
Enchanted Remixed sept 15/16th(for those who missed the first)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: psilobes. [Re: johahnchristo]
    #4629905 - 09/07/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

they are called "psilocybes" not psilobes... dry them under a fan. and cooking kills psilocybin! your mushrooms look like inactive panaeolus species. if you do decide to ingest, expect to either be poisoned, bored, or get some diahrea, cause you sure as hell aint gonna trip.

OfflineOriginal
God, I lovethis...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #4630403 - 09/07/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Put that n00b in check Shroomie :smile:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonized cakes smell like South Florida...

Seriously...
---------------------------------
I can't sleep cuz the mexicans keep lighting their fireworks...
---------------------------------
If ya don't want trouble, ya gots ta crumble...

-Johnny Cochran on the use of crumbled vs. whole cakes..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OfflineAntarath
Stranger
Re: psilobes. [Re: Original]
    #4630997 - 09/07/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

another newbie shroomer getting bashed hehehehe.
I picked the right ones on my very first hunting... I'd say liberty caps don't remeble any other mushroom, once you've first seen em.
We had an early season here in norway... found the first ones in august 12. Tripped as a cunt

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
    #4631060 - 09/07/05 07:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, don't appear to be ready to ingest anything he finds yet.

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
and cooking kills psilocybin!

There is no reason to say this though, he is having a hard enough time as it is. Boiling and cooking mushrooms does not noticeably decrease potency. This rumor circulates on this board a lot, other people read it and believe it and pass it on.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #4632827 - 09/08/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You found psilobes AND liberty bells? Are you for serious?

I've found plenty of Psilocybes and want to pick liberty caps one day.

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
Re: psilobes. [Re: Gumby]
    #4633940 - 09/08/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

masons child , you apparently have no clue , psilocybin and psilocin break down in heat , your wrong dude if you cook some fekkin shrooms the alkaloids will for sure break down , as far as boiling goes , yes that will break down the alkaloids also , tea is made by pouring boiling water in with some shrooms only because once you pour it its no longer boiling and hot enough to break down the active chemicals psilocybin and psilocin , bit misinformed there buddy and also quite funny that your correcting someone ( shroomie aka A cool experience shroomerite ) that knows more then you could probably imagine , think before you say sumthin like that or atleast do some research lol , cooking / boiling shrooms DOES destroy the active ingredients =)

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: psilobes. [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #4633966 - 09/08/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Actually I agree with Masons. I've made lots of tea, granted I dont boil once the shrooms are in but I simmer, and i've had no noticable potency loss.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Re: psilobes. [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #4634023 - 09/08/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PSiFr33k said:
masons child , you apparently have no clue , psilocybin and psilocin break down in heat , your wrong dude if you cook some fekkin shrooms the alkaloids will for sure break down , as far as boiling goes , yes that will break down the alkaloids also , tea is made by pouring boiling water in with some shrooms only because once you pour it its no longer boiling and hot enough to break down the active chemicals psilocybin and psilocin , bit misinformed there buddy and also quite funny that your correcting someone ( shroomie aka A cool experience shroomerite ) that knows more then you could probably imagine , think before you say sumthin like that or atleast do some research lol , cooking / boiling shrooms DOES destroy the active ingredients =)

Why how much potency have you personally noticed loosing from heat?
Me I never have, even from boiling tea down for and hour and adding to muffin and brownie mixes and then baking at 400 for a half hour. The only reason I finally registered on this site is because I was sick of reading posts telling people not to boil their tea. I heavily boil my tea for at least 20 minutes every time now, I tried your way when I was young, but found a better way. Not trying to be a smart ass, but do you know this because you read it or because you did it?

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: psilobes. [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4634067 - 09/08/05 04:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ive cooked shrooms and had no effect. tea does break down psilocybin, but not much of a noticeable decrease considering its in a water form rather than mushroom form. Water can be absorbed faster and quicker so it hits you faster and stronger, whereas your body has trouble digesting mushrooms, and you wouldn't digest all of the psilocybin as quick and effectively as tea. so you cant accurately determine potency variations in your "logic"

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

#4634115 - 09/08/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, too many fallicys to be logic. Just personal experience.
It just seems to me that a lot of things like this get written on this board, then read by another and passed off as fact just because someone found the melting point of pure psilocybin in a labratory setting on Erowid.

S of D, what was your bad cooking experience, if you don't mind me asking?

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: psilobes. [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4634123 - 09/08/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I baked an 8th of chopped up cubes in some muffins... didn't work.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4635119 - 09/08/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Baking sounds like it doesn't work too well, but I've never had a friend complain about mushroom tea. They always say it kicks in much faster. Haven't tried it myself. Though I hear that you don't lose a noticable amount, I try not to take the chance :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinejebus_dude
Stranger

Re: psilobes. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4637376 - 09/09/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I know the Latin name for the active shrooms.. I was not after theese onces.. I just happend to bring a friend whom found 'em.

Thanks for the info though. Even if some of you are plain bastards (:

and ,cooking. I used the wrong therm. What I do is to heat water to 80 degrees celcius, then put my stuff into that and let it simmers to room temp.

and it has worked, but I am making tea of amanita muscaria.

I've been looking into this, and I think it's hard to find good shrooms here. If I want to get involved with psilobes (: I think I buy a kit from mm.org

then I can grow em at home. thanks for feedback though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification