Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Im new to this but did I find something (pics).
    #4625111 - 09/06/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone, like the post subject says Im new to this but have always been interested. My house recently obtained a pool and lots of truck and machinery came behind my house which required our lawns to get new grass. So we get brand new grass shipped over in palettes and so I see mushrooms poppin up here or there since its always raining here in Florida (South east maybe I add). Everyday I go out to take my dogs out theres always some new mushrooms growing. Well to cut to the chase basically I took some pictures of one of the mushrooms which quite resemble most of the, this perticular one was just picked (12:22 pm) so the bottom portion of the shroom cap looks a lil contaminated (not sure), but previous days the cap would either be thinner or drooped towards the center of the stem, or didnt have that brown outter edge to the cap. Heres the pictures, tell me what u think!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: FLLEWISFL]
    #4625122 - 09/06/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

looks like a foe to me, but it's hard to tell without more info. look at the forum rules and try to give more info

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

OfflineAntarath
Stranger
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #4625141 - 09/06/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Can't think of any other mushroom it could be besides Panaeolina foenisecii

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625184 - 09/06/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

heres some more pictures closer up and an attempt of a spore print lol (came out bad, mushroom split) Also the mushroom smelt like hmmm like a mushroom, like edible type you get at your supermarket (im guessing). I dont know how to varietize smelles for I only smelt soooo many mushrooms (meaning not many). Ill have some more posting either tomarrow or another day too of the other types that Ive come across outside (more pointer caps/thinner, more flat/not as brown and so on...) If u want any more information ask away.

Edited by FLLEWISFL (09/06/05 11:03 AM)

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625403 - 09/06/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

went outside again to take another look to see if I could get more picturs of the other type of mushrooms which I found (very delicate as u can tell they broke when handled) they more pointer not as brown light colored as u can see in picture. And the spores are differently patterened. If u need another shot of these mushrooms ask ASAP for handling them will equal a 6 pieced mushroom (broken).

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
    #4625479 - 09/06/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You need to take a spore print on a white sheet of paper. If the spore print for the first one is jet black, then it is panaleous subbalteatus, which is active. If it is dark brown or brown, then it is foenescii which is inactive. Judging from the spore print provided, It looks to be more brown, which makes me think its a foe.
Which part did you think was contaminated? If you are referring to the dark ring around the edge of the cap, its not contaminated. It is how the mushroom is supposed to look.

Also, panaeleous subbalteatus (active) and panaeleous foenescii (not active) can look very similar. Characteristics of the two can change with the region they are from. i.e. a foenescii in Florida could look like a subbalteatus from oregon and vice versa. Do some research on this site and I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions. The search button is a handy tool!

I'm not sure what the second one is.. looks inactive.

Edited by Picking4Peace (09/06/05 12:10 PM)

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: Blek]
    #4625516 - 09/06/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well the picture might be bad of the spore print that I provided but its not brown (if it was darkest brown I seen). I look at it and did a print of the more pointer mushroom it showed up a light brown color and looked at the "panaleous subbalteatus" and its Black. I tested the panaleous subbalteatus again too see and no brown tinting to it. But one more thing, the panaleous sub. looks DARK brown/black under but when u print its black... that what we looking for? and one more thing when I said contamination I thought the ring part was "contamination".

Edited by FLLEWISFL (09/06/05 12:25 PM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4625733 - 09/06/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the first mushrooms is a panaeolus subbalteatus, however 30-40 are usualy ingested for an "experience" so one is useless to you.

the second mushrooms reminds me of conocybe lactea, the dunce cap. which is poisonous.

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4625835 - 09/06/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ty for your help... is there such thing as putting the panaeleous sub. back and 40 more appearing :P... LoL! or ill have to wait a month and collect these one by 1 hahaha, which I highly doubt they will keep on growing. And a quick question what makes the shrooms growing again and a again?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4625864 - 09/06/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

theres mycelium under or within the layers of dirt and grass. and since its new grass i would say its highly fertilized to give it a good starting boost - which would probably be why they grew on there in the first place. if you water it, it might keep fruiting.

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4626003 - 09/06/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well I live in Florida where it rains everyday... can I help main the mycelium or anything I could do to keep them growiong there while the season is fresh?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #4626048 - 09/06/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All you can do is sit back and let mother nature take her sweet ass time.. If you don't get any rain that day get out and water.

Here are some Habitat shots of Mushrooms close to yours.
They were taken in my front lawn here round Houston.

Good Luck!
Yessup

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisibleFLLEWISFL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: YESSUP]
    #4626156 - 09/06/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hey yet another question!! Do you guys pick the shrooms right when they sprout out becasue I see some new ones about the size in your picture. But my first one was a pretty nice sized for one compaired to yours. Or let them be for a day or so then pick them or leave so more can develop around area? Just dont know much about the basic stuff and dont see beginner posting right in front of my eyes. Thanks for help guys!

OfflineBabaOreilly
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: under the sea
    #4626225 - 09/06/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if you think they are gonna get bigger leave them for a day or so, it cant hurt, but when u pick them pick them all and try not to pull out the whole root/mycelium, try snipping it with ur fingernails near the base that way maybe they will grow again. they shouldn't just get up and walk away however there is the possibility that they will get munched on by squirrels/birds/insects.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Im new to this but did I find something (pics). [Re: BabaOreilly]
    #4627926 - 09/06/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if the gills look darkened with spores you can harvest them.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4638417 - 09/09/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hi FLLEWISFL, nice find.

those are a currently unidentified lawn inhabiting psychoactive mushroom that grows here in southern florida.

do a search on "Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius" to learn more.

cool find once again!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract