Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Bad free syringe?
    #4624888 - 09/06/05 10:57 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I ordered my spores through Little guy and in three days they arrive with one free B+ strain. This was my first attempt at inoculation and after a couple days I checked and all of the jars that I inoculated with the B+ strain has what I think is green meanie immediately at the inoculation point, the other strain of Lipa Yai is fine, little white spots.(I will update with pictures) Has this happened to anyone? Get a free syringe an they all turn out bad immediately?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewaixingren
Male

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bad free syringe? [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #4624901 - 09/06/05 11:02 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

everyone makes mistakes. ive ordered from the little guy before, im sure he didnt know it was a bad syringe. hell it was free, just sterilize it and use it to make your own syringe once you get a grow going.

--waixingren

--------------------

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4624960 - 09/06/05 11:29 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

well, bad syringes do happen from time to time....but considering that this is your first time inoculating....I think it may be a problem with your PC/sterilization techniques.

Besides that, it is a free syringe....even if it was a bad syringe, can't really complain about that. Look at the bright side, you now have an empty syringe to use to make your own syringe.

Vendors do sometimes have contamed syringes, but it is pretty rare.

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bad free syringe? [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4625011 - 09/06/05 11:57 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:
.I think it may be a problem with your PC/sterilization techniques.

possible but his other jars are fine. How many of each? 2 and 2 could be coincidence. 12 jars of each points to the syringe.
I think he still has the right to complain, it has wasted his time and effort, substrate is cheap, time is valuable.

Maybe TLG was unsure about those syringes, hence why they were given free.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Edited by blackout (09/06/05 11:58 AM)

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: Bad free syringe? [Re: blackout]
    #4625196 - 09/06/05 01:01 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

it was 15 jars of each strain, B+ was 100% cont, the Lipa strain was 100 uncont. I would normal admit the possibility of my own fault but the numbers speak for themselves. Your ideas blackout about the reason for the free strain is what I came to the conclusion to also.

--------------------

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625431 - 09/06/05 01:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

well, in that case, it probably is the syringe. But I don't really agree that you can complain about something that you didn't pay for. You can't really put a value on the "time" you spent. It really doesn't take that much time and effort to get jars inoculated.

I'm sure if he talks to TLG they will make it right. All of the vendors here, IME, have been great guys.

I have received contaminated syringes from members here that they gave me for free, when I didn't even ask them for a syringe. I can't really complain to them because they had good intentions by their offer. They had an extra syringe and wanted to see if I wanted to try a new strain. That was really cool of them to offer. I'm sure they didn't know it was contaminated when they sent it. To me, that is just a generous person.

Now if it was a trade, then ok, but otherwise that is something that happens from time to time in this hobby and has to be expected. I doubt a vendor is going to send a syringe that they are unsure about, even for free.

Just send an email or PM to them and see what they say.

I think this thread should be moved to the sponsor forum so you get a quicker response.

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4625472 - 09/06/05 02:07 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I'm sorry that you got a bad syringe.

But I'm glad to hear that good old boxtop is screwing up...

again.

:grin:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4625553 - 09/06/05 02:32 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:
It really doesn't take that much time and effort to get jars inoculated.

Not to inoculate, but it takes time mixing up your PF mix, loading jars and pcing them. The disappointment is the real pisser.
For trades I would warn people if I thought my print was not going to be very clean. If I get a traded print I would test it several small jars of grain, if it was ok I would then transfer to a larger one. But I would expect a vendor syringe to be clean, all 15 jars gone means it was a high contam load in it

Quote:

srgtm1a said:
I think this thread should be moved to the sponsor forum so you get a quicker response.

TLG is not a sponsor here

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625569 - 09/06/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

really? I thought they were a vendor or use to be....I have to check the list....I know one vendor left recently under bad terms, Don't think it was them though. Well, there ya have it....order from shroomery sponsors only.

I only order from 3 prime vendors here so i'm not too familiar with others....but for some reason TLG seems really familiar to me.

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

#4626355 - 09/06/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Normally I it would bother me 'cause yes it was free but it does take time to make jars and constant attention for me to steam them since I don't have a pressure cookerm, Oh and I got a pretty good steam burn. This picture is after about 4 days. Is this cont. Green meanie?
-Sorry can't figure out how to shrink image sizes down uses the dell expert image program.

--------------------

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
    #4627433 - 09/06/05 10:49 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Any vendor should be happy to replace a contaminated syringe they supplied. Informing them quickly may prevent them from sending syringes from the same batch to others. I've gotten contaminated syringes from two Shroomery sponsors that quickly replaced them without question. I'd explain the situation to the vendor and ask them politely if they would replace the contaminated syringe. Their reputation is likely more valuable than the negligible cost of a syringe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation