Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
A splinter in your mind
    #4624820 - 09/06/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in you're mind, driving you mad."
--Morpheus, in The Matrix

Does this quote hit home for anyone?

Discuss.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: trendal]
    #4625173 - 09/06/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

YES IT DOES!

I remember back to about the age of six and from there on thinking that this planet wasn't "right" and it made no sense to me, the suffering and non sense in it that is. It was if a I remembered another way, place and time, where there was no suffering and non sense that lead to it or allowed it to be, like I had something to compare it too but how could I unless there actually was.

Not only do you then want to better remember that place, you want to find it and bring it here.

What about you Tren?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDeviate
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4625499 - 09/06/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes, to me this world feels like paradise lost.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: Deviate]
    #4625542 - 09/06/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

when i was young...probably 7 or 8 i remember thinking that everyone was a robot playing a trick on me.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4625548 - 09/06/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
"You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in you're mind, driving you mad."
--Morpheus, in The Matrix

Does this quote hit home for anyone?

Discuss.

I get that feeling, but it's not about something being wrong.
I felt my entire life that my life is a puzzle will all the scrambled pieces, and all my life I've been carrying these pieces and suddenly I connect a few and say : look here's an ear. then a year passes and I forget about it, and by accident I connect some more pieces and get a nose. And longer and longer that I live It makes more sense, like it's all a show of some sort and that nothing is random.

It's a long story, but enought to say that every moment in my past that I have spent suffering now makes perfect sense and seems to have a purpuse that has well played out by now.

It's all superstition of course (or not) but I can't help but to feel that the universe has hidden patterns and plans, that you may tune into or not depending on wheather you are looking for something or not.

It feels just like in the begining of matrix, exept that on the other side of the rabit hole there is something wonderfull and not a disaster like in the movie.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Edited by OldWoodSpecter (09/06/05 12:33 PM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4625652 - 09/06/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I too have felt something. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a splinter in my mind, but something nonetheless. When I was in second or third grade I remember becoming quite puzzled by the concept of existing. My parents thought it was cute and bought me a "philosophy" book that consisted basically of questions like "Why is the frog green?".

Since then I've had the feeling that there's something more to this reality than meets the senses. It's not driving me mad, but it certainly is intriguing.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: MJF]
    #4625713 - 09/06/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MJF said:
when i was young...probably 7 or 8 i remember thinking that everyone was a robot playing a trick on me.

You too?? That is exactly what I thought around that age.

It was inconceivable to me that other people could actually be existing in their own minds and own realities. The only reality I knew was my own, so it was beyond my comprehension that these people could be anything but robots.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4625764 - 09/06/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

These recollections from childhood are interesting. The age of reasoning kicks in around ages 7-8.

Wonder how reasoning plays a role in this topic.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4625787 - 09/06/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just got done watching "Waking Life".

Wow. If any of you haven't seen it, BUY it. Everybody was right. Very trippy and great movie.

Memorable quotes from the movie:

"Most of us are sleepwalking through life, and wake-walking through our dreams..."

"Realizing that you are a dream character in someone else's dream is self awareness..."

Man with the Long Hair: They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?

Quiet Woman at Restaurant: When it was over, all I could think about was how this entire notion of oneself, what we are, is just this logical structure, a place to momentarily house all the abstractions. It was a time to become conscious, to give form and coherence to the mystery, and I had been a part of that. It was a gift. Life was raging all around me and every moment was magical. I loved all the people, dealing with all the contradictory impulses - that's what I loved the most, connecting with the people. Looking back, that's all that really mattered.

Pinball Playing Man: There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity.

Guy Forsyth: The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.

Soap Opera Woman: Excuse me.
Wiley: Excuse me.
Soap Opera Woman: Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?

Boat Car Guy: The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving.

Guy Forsyth: Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at? A long, hard day of work. Finally you get to go home, get in bed, close your eyes and immediately you wake up and realize... that the whole day at work had been a dream. It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free.

Philosophy Professor: The reason why I refuse to take existentialism as just another French fashion or historical curiosity is that I think it has something very important to offer us... I'm afraid we're losing the real virtues of living life passionately in the sense of taking responsibility for who you are, the ability to make something of yourself and feel good about life. Existentialism is often discussed as if it were a philosophy of despair, but I think the truth is just the opposite. Sartre, once interviewed, said he never felt one minute of despair in his life. One thing that comes out from reading these guys is not a sense of anguish about life so much as a real kind of exuberance, of feeling on top of it, it's like your life is yours to create. I've read the post modernists with some interest, even admiration, but when I read them I always have this awful nagging feeling that something absolutely essential is getting left out. The more you talk about a person as a social construction or as a confluence of forces or as being fragmented or marginalized, what you do is you open up a whole new world of excuses. And when Sartre talks about responsibilty, he's not talking about something abstract. He's not talking about the kind of self or souls that theologians would talk about. He's talking about you and me talking, making descisions, doing things, and taking the consequences. It might be true that there are six million people in this world, and counting, but nevertheless - what you do makes a difference. It makes a difference, first of all, in material terms, to other people, and it sets an example. In short, I think the message here is that we should never write ourselves off or see each other as a victim of various forces. It's always our decision who we are.

The whole movie had me glued to the screen, paying really really close attention to all the characters... A very well spent 10 bucks, IMHO.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4625801 - 09/06/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I tried watching it I was really stoned and couldn't pay attention. Maybe I'll give it another whirl

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: dblaney]
    #4625840 - 09/06/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You know, I was actually thinking during the movie, "Man, this would be a pretty cool movie to watch while on -insert hallucinogenic here-.." But then I realized it probably wouldn't be. It's just too much of a "thinker-movie" for that, and most likely one would end up losing interest in it as they're not fully involved, such as in your case it seems.

It really deserves to be seen by your fully undivided, absorbing attention, IMO.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: Ravus]
    #4625902 - 09/06/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

MJF said:

You too?? That is exactly what I thought around that age.

It was inconceivable to me that other people could actually be existing in their own minds and own realities. The only reality I knew was my own, so it was beyond my comprehension that these people could be anything but robots.

Yeah I didn't really believe that the other people were really alive. But I also felt like there was some other presence there watching and doing some sort of experiment.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4626141 - 09/06/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I was a child I was..aware.. I frequently 'woke up lucid' and had out of body experiences. I did not associate with the ego world and it manifested as a chaotic black mass of scribbles and distortion is the only way I can describe it. Thing was I retained some ancient memory of things and past times. I wasn't confused by life at all, it made perfect sense. All simply was, or is. My consciousness was divine in it's own sovereignty, and that of god/light was another that was always connected. somehow I was a part of it as it was a part of me, just as a part of everyone and everything. everyone is divine. that we even exist to perceive and breathe is a miracle of only an infinite creation of undying love. Yes, there is a source to all life. And we are perpetually and constantly connected to it. Only when we choose to enter the material world, we are descending from the higher vibrations of the spiritual realm and leaving behind that conscious connection. We forget our souls, we forget our god. It is through the course of a physical life that we experience and learn, until we come to a new understanding of life and how it is created. We gain wisdom through experience, and then come full circle to enter the spiritual realm again. A perpetually endless cycle of life, death, reincarnation, and evolution.. the foodstuffs of the universe. Life is fucking hard.. frustrating as fuck sometimes, but also very very rewarding. The human experience is a vast rollercoaster of emotions and experiences to be cherished and learned from. It is one of the pinnacles of learning potential in the physical realm. It was all so clear.
then I was corrupted and brainwashed by society
then it came back

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4626174 - 09/06/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4626194 - 09/06/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MJF said:

Exactly what I started to think around that age too. Something about this existance just doesn't seem right, it's perfect in a wrong way. It's hard to explain because it completly confuses me, but I feel it.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: barfightlard]
    #4626333 - 09/06/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Perfect and Imperfect exist together.

I think to love something means accepting the imperfections....loving something that is perfect would not be real love...so with out perfections there is no love? What do you think?

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4626354 - 09/06/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thats what love is I think, the everything including inperfections. But maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about because the last few years I haven't really understood my emotions and have been questioning if they are sincere or some sort of sociopathic like ones.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: barfightlard]
    #4626359 - 09/06/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Love is more than an emotion.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: A splinter in your mind [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4626372 - 09/06/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
http://www.elftrance.com/neo.htm

Sweet.  :mushroom2:

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4626376 - 09/06/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What else is it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom