Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Brown Rice Flour, Cracker, Melatonin, Nitrous Oxide, Ranch Dressing, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebob_smith93456
Bad MotherChicken
visuals and potency
    #4624736 - 09/06/05 09:23 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've got to try my Ecuadorans last weekend. They were great but there weren't a lot of visuals.

1. Is this controlled by the way you grow the mushrooms or the strain?
2. Has anyone noticed a difference with the same strains potency/visuals using different grow techniques?
3. I ate the ones I had grown on a cake but I've also got some I cased, will they be much different?
4. What's a really visual strain?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

Loc: Colorado - The asshole of...
Re: visuals and potency [Re: bob_smith93456]
    #4624752 - 09/06/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Personally, I think it's how much you eat.
Try eating 5.5 grams and see if that does anything for you.

--------------------
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
Once upon a looking glass...

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: visuals and potency [Re: Jabberw0cky]
    #4624844 - 09/06/05 10:32 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If your cased ones were grown on dung than yes, they would be more potent.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4624858 - 09/06/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well, I think it has to do with a lot of variables....ie what substrate you grew on, how much you eat, what mood you are in when you take them....etc etc....

I have eaten equal doses of the same strain from the same batch. The first time I had heavy visuals, second time, very little to no visuals. I don't think you can just say there is one strain that does it all the time.

I personally think it has to do with the mood you are in before taking them. Besides that, no two trips are alike. But I'm sure if you took a shit load of any strain you would have heavy visuals.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4624865 - 09/06/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms aren't all about visuals.

I know the most visuals I've ever had was with puerto rican, but I aslo had an MAIO, and ate a ton of em. If you use an MAOI like passionflower, which you can get at any supplement store, it will completely change the trip into something else... magnifying it by at least 2x.

With an MAOI I was seeing things morph into eachother. Extreme visuals. The trip was too strong IMO though

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Re: visuals and potency [Re: Worf]
    #4624912 - 09/06/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hey OutPutRotation, what is passionflower, where can i get it and how dose it work?

Bob, try using the Coffee Project Tek. Also im experimenting with that Melatonin thing that hasnt been tried much before. But supportively the chemical compounds are alot the same as the physcho-whatever in mushrooms... thus, supercharging the potency? Coffee Project seems to work pretty well. as for potency, haven't had the pleasure to try it, yet. they are coming along really well.

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: visuals and potency [Re: losfreddy]
    #4624991 - 09/06/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=5423

Thats not my trip report but it has good info. My friend just got it at some organic health food store for like $2

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
    #4625115 - 09/06/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i'd have to agree with output, shrooms aren't about visuals. if you really wana highly visual experience there are tons of things like mescaline or lsd that can be taken. shrooms tend to have more of an ethnogenic feel then those drugs due to the ammount of highly philosophical trips you can have while on them. seeing what kind of trip you're going to have is half the fun. hell sometimes i want a lot of visuals and don't get them, but i never walk away unhappy.
good luck

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4625180 - 09/06/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are two chemicals that do the same thing with mushrooms: psilocybin and psilocin.  Psilocybin is converted to psilocin in the body.  There's no third chemical that specifically increases the visual effects.  There are two other recognized chemicals found in very small quantities in mushrooms: baeocystin and norbaeyocystin.  No one knows for sure what they do, if anything significant.  The structure of the molecules is very similar to psilocybin and psilocin, but there is no concensus as to their effect(s).  I suppose there's a VERY slim chance that they have something to do with the visuals, but don't read too deeply into that. 

There are so many variables between trips that affect the trip in a single person (experience, time of day, consumption of food, specific brain chemistry, emotional state, weight, setting, action etc...) that the only thing people are likely to ever agree on are major differences in overall potency between cubensis, and its more powerful counterparts (e.g. cyanescens).

Here's a tip.  Maybe you already know this, but try taking some nitrous when you're shrooming.  The gas will really take you to another place for about a minute or so.  :laugh:

Edited by Land_Crab (09/06/05 01:06 PM)

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: visuals and potency [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4625297 - 09/06/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

nitrous takes me to another place withoiut shrooms :smile: LOL

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625468 - 09/06/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

outputrotation said:
Shrooms aren't all about visuals.

I agree with that 100%. I can care less if I have strong visuals or not....I just like the ability they give me to "Think" about different things. The visuals are just an added bonus.

If you want strong visuals...just get some LSD. I wouldn't suggest mixing different drugs with mushrooms to increase your visuals...that could become dangerous. If you are looking for strong visuals all the time, mushrooms may not be the thing for you.

I have heard from some of my friends that if they smoke up before eating the mushrooms they get increased visuals. But again...everyone is different, and there are far too many variables to guarantee anything.

Offlinebob_smith93456
Bad MotherChicken
Re: visuals and potency [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4625534 - 09/06/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not complaining at all about the trip :smile: ... I loved it, I had some shrooms in Amsterdam that were very visual, it was kind of cool because I've never had visuals like that.  I wanted to try and get something going like that.  I know the active chemicals in mushrooms but I wondered if they were different between strains of cubies, then I also just figured eating more would increase the visualizations.  I'll give them another go this weekend and see how it goes.  I am also going out to a buddy's ranch to get some h poo.  I've got 7 colonized BRF cakes that I'm going to spawn to h poo once I get it pasteurized.  It's a different stein too, but I do have a cake and a casing of it already (Hawaiian).  I don't have any equidorians in h poo but I have cakes and casings of them.  I'll try the casing of them this weekend.  I'll report back and let you know what I find :smile:.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4625555 - 09/06/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

heheh h.poo will definitely help to make a potent shroomie. That's the way to do it though, try different subs and strains and find out which one you like the best.

some of my friends hate visuals and only like a very small body buzz 1.5-2g...hehe depends on the person. Me on the otherhand...hehe i like eating 1/4 by myself from cased BRF. hehe when I go to town...I like to stay a while.

Offlinebob_smith93456
Bad MotherChicken
Re: visuals and potency [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4626790 - 09/06/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I like to trip hard, I don't really dig the 1.5-2g trips, well, they are ok but I'd rather get out there for a while :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Brown Rice Flour, Cracker, Melatonin, Nitrous Oxide, Ranch Dressing, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation