Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFaucon_Balvarius
Entheogenicist

Loc: Seattle, WA
Darkening Substrate...
    #4624530 - 09/06/05 05:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:mushroom2: I have had 2 out of 3 substrates inoculated for about a week and a half, and on the 2 water droplets have formed inside my rye berry substrate bag and I believe they are occasionally dropping on my rye berries.  Would this explain why a few of the berries (very light brown to start out) could have darkened in a few places opportune to the water droplets?  :mushroom2:

ALSO, with one of the two (and I know this will sound painful, but bare with me this is my first attempt) alittle over a week in "I" decided the mycelium wasn't spreading fast enuff and decided to shake up the bag again (my instructions only informed me to do it immediatedly after I inoculated the bag with the mycelium) and soaked the ryes down, and a majority of the white fluffiness that was present, appears to be gone.  Will moist on the rye berry's prevent the mycelium from growing on them?  :mushroom2:

Thank you.

-Faucon

--------------------
"Back in my day, people didn't smoke because it was the thing to do, it was the thing to do because it got you high, can ya dig it?".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Darkening Substrate... [Re: Faucon_Balvarius]
    #4624545 - 09/06/05 05:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do you know how much water you added.
Shaking bags after 1 week to spread the mycelium is recommended. It will look like the "white fluffiness" is gone after shaking grains, but it is all compressed and is not hopefully evenly spread, it will grow back soon. You should only shake the bags once. If you add lots of LC you never have to shake the bags.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

OfflineFaucon_Balvarius
Entheogenicist

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Darkening Substrate... [Re: blackout]
    #4624552 - 09/06/05 05:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I added no water, the only water was from condensation that formed on the top of the bag and got mixed with the rye berries when I shook it. Also, The one of them I didn't shake occasionally has some condensation drop on it, that is why I am wondering if that can cause a few individual rye berries to darken...

--------------------
"Back in my day, people didn't smoke because it was the thing to do, it was the thing to do because it got you high, can ya dig it?".

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Darkening Substrate... [Re: Faucon_Balvarius]
    #4624603 - 09/06/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, I meant how much water was added to the grains originally? What recipe did you use.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation