Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

I'm feeling...odd
    #4624138 - 09/05/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have never been much of a religious person, strictly atheist. I have always followed science to a point because it can be beleived in, science doesn't lie, it doesn't ive false hope, and it doesn't spread fear or lies. I have always been a man of technology, I am very well versed with computers I'm on them for 6 hours a day linux and learning computers has become a passion. Without a computer I feel bored and like I'm missing something, yet when I'm with one I feel as if I have an unsatiable appetite for something more, as if technology is just a pretense for what I really want, a blockade standing in the way I can never penetrate. I feel as if I'm living a lie, as if I'm trapped by humanity, I have escaped the lies of religion only to be pulled into the brunt and unsatiable truths of science. Religion says their is an afterlife, but I don't beleive that. Science says that after you die you are wiped offf the earth, nothing, but that can't be true either. I feel as if I'm stuck. And I'm wandering is thier more? Or are we doomed by the evolutional mistake of emotions? If you acomplish much in your life will it matter after you are dead? Does life mean anything? These are all questions that neither religion, science nor even technology can answer. But what can? What is their more than hope and truth?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: I'm feeling...odd [Re: ThePredator]
    #4624379 - 09/06/05 03:49 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Next...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4624705 - 09/06/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

There is a path with heart. For Warriors only. Find out. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

#4624747 - 09/06/05 09:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

To which branch of science are you referring? Science has not proven that there is nothing beyond the world we see. It simply has limits to what it can perceive at this time. Perhaps it's time you begin studying quantum physics to get an understanding of the unfathomable nature of the universe. They're discovering some amazing things, and science and mysticism are drawing closer all the time.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I'm feeling...odd [Re: Gliders]
    #4624833 - 09/06/05 10:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes indeed!  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4625132 - 09/06/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Evolutionary mistake of emotions? :confused: If you think emotions are a mistake, its a no wonder why you haven't found the more and meaning of it all yet.

Thats what the emotions are for, to feel the more and the meaning. It can't be thought, the more that is, it can only be felt.

Reconnect with your emotions and your emotions "heart" will connect you to that something more and then, you will realize the meaning is experiencing the relating of yourself to IT for self knowing.

Like Blue Coyote said somewhere, the meaning is meaning itself. What does "being, becoming, and became" mean? What does it mean to be able to say, I Am these movements, I am the music that moves them and the light that sees them with?

Calling the emotions a mistake is a mistake. When you go to help someone crying in pain, you are moved to because you know what it feels like to be crying in pain.

When you go to help you friend celebrate his new job, you are moved to because you know what it feels like to get that relief of a pay check coming in.

Emotions are what move us. E-motion is energy in motion.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDeviate
Re: I'm feeling...odd [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4625310 - 09/06/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"Science says that after you die you are wiped offf the earth, nothing"

science not say this. some scientists probably believe that while others do not but there is no scientific data that proves it at all.

Edited by Deviate (09/06/05 01:25 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm feeling...odd [Re: Deviate]
    #4625376 - 09/06/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think you meant that reply to go to Predator but it was good you pointed that out.

Science can not prove that your consciousness ceases to exist through another medium after the body dies tis true.

Science does recognize the aether medium of the quantum field and as was posted a month back, they are looking to the quantum field for where consciousness comes from and the interface between consciousness and matter. They may be able to prove it some day up the road soon.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineThePredator

#4625532 - 09/06/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Concious is the flow of fluids in your brain and the electronic and chemical receptions, these cease when you die. Emotions are an evolutional mistake because they cause you to go against the basic law of life, to survive. Quauntom mechanics has become so twisted to the point people are reading data and interpreting it to their beleifs. Qauntum Mechanics simply describes the effects waves and wave energy has on matter.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4625565 - 09/06/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Predator, I don't know if you know this or not but science still does not know what creates consciousness. They know how it works and flows through the brain, they don't know where it comes from or originates yet within the brain, that why they started looking outside of it. Neuro scientists have picked that puppy apart down to the quark and still can't find IT.

Thats besides the post on emotions being an evolutionary mistake and how you can't find meaning yet feel there is something more.

Why do you think that?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineThePredator

#4625597 - 09/06/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Conciousness isn't a 'thing' though, its a reaction (an array of reactions) like when you have a surge of epiphedrine form the dopamine system you think either fight or flee, wihtout the dopamine glands this doesn;t exist.

Emotions are a mistake because when you act upon emotions you might violate survival, like if you save your freind by sacrificing yourself. I'm not saying its a bad mistake I'm just saying it is a mistake.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4625663 - 09/06/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Typically when one puts there life at risk to save another, it is more often many others that are being saved. More of the species survives as a result.

Even if one life is saved at the loss of another, it's a break even.

Typically, when one puts themselves at risk to save others, they survive too. More of the species survies as a result.

The emotion to move people into saving and helping others survive, has served darwinsitic survial. It was not a mistake.

Maybe some else can jump in here now if they care too.

It's obvious to me all of the purposes and plusses emotion surves in the survival of the human race. It gives cause to care in the first place to save it. Fear is a motivating ewmotion that has moved many a humans ass out of harms way. Love is an emotion that has moved many a humans ass into saving others from harms way.

Live in your own meaningless nothing more world if you want to predator. There is another one, filled with emotion and meaning and MORE much much more, others live in.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4626151 - 09/06/05 05:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you have children and you saved your friends life, yourself beeing killed, I think, your wife and childs will most likely never have any troubles anymore.
Emotions add very strongly to survival, as logic and reasoning came much later in develoing nervous system evolution, as far as I am informed :smile:.
Otherwise, uncontrolled emotions can be very strong, so they can get selfdamaging indeed.
There should be some balance between emotions and logic...

I think it's good to try keeping our emotions pure and we will learn much from them !

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology