Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u!
    #4622299 - 09/05/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Go out and watch the sky for a few hours tonight.

Almost every skywatch I've been on I've seen a UFO.

I believe a portion of these to be extra-terrestrial craft or our military using E.T techynology.

Some have been in our atmosphere, i.e close to myself or on the horizon interacting with planes etc

But most often I can see UFO's in space.  I've noticed that the sky activity seems to increase the later it gets.  Although this could actually be a visibility trend.

I've spent a long time studying the rational arguements.

Astronomers say they are satellites, yet a sattelite goes on a slow steady course and they all travel the same direction apart from one sattelite.  None of the UFO's observed, although similar to sattelites, behave entirely like sattelites should.  Random speed and direction changes.  I've seen them travelling all different directions.

They are not fitting the category of meteor, shooting star or asteroid.  These are all fairly easily spotted.

The one fallback that the techies seem to come up with is plasma balls.

This is a very good anwser.

Except when one considers plasma balls are extremely rare.  So why would rare plasma balls be visible in quantity, almost every night?

So there we have it, we still don't know what a UFO is.

My point - They are visible every night and although science loves to pretend it has an answer, it actually has none.

Of course, the other option for you so called skeptic's is disbelief.  Question my integrity and you may release you anxiety.  Should I be telling the truth however...

I challenge any questioners/disbelievers to actively and precisely study astronomical phenomena then go out on skywatches for a week.  Then you will find it is you who has to not tell the truth.

Oh and Swarmi, saying I watched the sky alot in my younger years doesn't count (I already challenged him).

Diploid, will you accept new logic when it stares you in the face? oh wait you've already answered that... :sad:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Ego Death]
    #4622346 - 09/05/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed. I usually see at least one every time I watch the sky.
Earth is a very high traffic area at this time.

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Shroomism]
    #4622356 - 09/05/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

skywatching has got to be my favorite thing to do at night while tripping.

esp if there isnt light around so you can see everything a million times better :smile:

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Vulture]
    #4622360 - 09/05/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.. away from the cities and up in the mountains is where you will get the best light show :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4622440 - 09/05/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just love it when people say they saw a UFO, but "know" what it was.. ha ha
semantics! time for time! :P

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Pmog]
    #4622491 - 09/05/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just love it when people say they saw a UFO, but "know" what it was.. ha ha

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't unidentified mean just that?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4622689 - 09/05/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Unidentified Flying Objects are easy to find as I cannot identify many objects common to the night sky.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4623149 - 09/05/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I challenge any questioners/disbelievers to actively and precisely study astronomical phenomena

Been there, done that...

I was one of the directors of the largest amateur astronomy organization in the US, the Southern Cross Astronomical Society. I've spent more time under the stars during my tenure there than most people spend in their lifetime.

I've formally studied astronomy and astrophysics. I've photographed the night sky with some of the most advanced instruments available to amateur astronomers. These are my two favorites out of several hundred I've shot over the last ~20 years from the Florida Keys. The first is the Orion Nebula, the second is the Andromeda Galaxy:

Suffice it to say that I know more than a little about the night sky and know that what many people call ET are simply meteors or satellites, and surprisingly often, flocks of birds.

The balance of objects called Unidentified Flying Objects are just that, unidentified. This means that the only accurate thing you can say about them is that you don't know what they are.

Now, you say you've:

spent a long time studying the rational arguements

Let me explain why I think you are either lying or you completely misunderstood what you studied.

Astronomers say they are satellites, yet a satellite goes on a slow steady course and they all travel the same direction apart from one sattelite.

This is not true. The only satellites that would follow a steady course across the night sky are a small fraction of all the satellites in Earth orbit called Geostationary Satellites. These types of orbits occur at a distance of a little over 20,000 miles above the surface of the Earth and so most geostationary satellites are too far (too dim) to be seen, though a few of the bigger ones can be seen rarely.

The rest of the satellites are in low elliptical orbits inclined at some angle to the equator and about 150 miles above the surface of the Earth. Because the orbital period at that altitude is much faster than one day, and because their orbit is inclined to the Earth's equator, these satellites, which number in the hundreds, appear to move in all sorts of directions and at varying speeds.

Additionally, as they orbit, the angle of specular reflection of the sun off the metallic surfaces of the satellite changes. This causes them to range from invisible to star-like to very bright and back again as they move across the sky. This is like how someone's wristwatch in sunlight can suddenly become very bright if the angle it makes with the sun and your eye is just right, then becomes dim again as the angle of the watch face changes.

If you cared about the truth and took the trouble to "spend a long time studying", as you say, you might learn to calculate these orbits for yourself from the publicly available Orbital Elements (the equations that describe the orbit of each satellite) and see for yourself that everything you claim to be true in your post above is in fact completely false.

They are not fitting the category of meteor, shooting star or asteroid.

Meteors are the same thing as 'shooting stars'. This is another blunder that leads me to believe that you haven't studied anything related to the science that you claim knowledge of.

And to round out the expose on your ignorance of astronomy, I'll point out that there are a very tiny number of asteroids visible to the naked eye under ideal dark sky conditions. None of them move enough to be distinguishable from an ordinary star.

Now, how about you stop posting nonsense here and go read an astronomy book, eh?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (06/06/06 09:32 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4623211 - 09/05/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm posing a logical possibility.

I see you have none.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Diploid]
    #4623221 - 09/05/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So you think sattelites too?

I didn't know sattelites had breaks.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4623333 - 09/05/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My logic tells me that until something changes ET was just a movie. Why try to guess that there are aliens in the UFOs you see?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4623336 - 09/05/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I challenge any questioners/disbelievers to actively and precisely study astronomical phenomena then go out on skywatches for a week. Then you will find it is you who has to not tell the truth.

I have never seen an object in the sky I couldn't explain.

I don't know what you are seeing, because I'm not seeing it. Maybe if you made a video recording of the UFOs you see I could make a guess, but it would only be a guess.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4623697 - 09/05/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
So you think sattelites too?

I didn't know sattelites had breaks.

of course they do! ten minutes for a smoke and cup of coffee same as everyone else.

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Diploid]
    #4624046 - 09/05/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Since you've spent so much time identifying objects in the sky, maybe you could help me with a question I've had since I was a child.

When I was 8 or 9, I was playing with a neighbor child who lived just behind me. We were sitting on top of the jungle gym during the day (bright, blue sky), when we noticed three objects circling very high above us. Each one was silver, shaped like 3D diamonds, like two pyramids connected at the base. You could easily see the sunlight glinting off of them. Each spun on its own axis, and the three were also spinning in a circular fomation around us. They began spiraling out, then reached an apex, and began spiraling back in. When they all came together, they disappeared.

Any ideas about what those could have been?

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4624122 - 09/05/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

whenever i get detached from the city and am out in the boonies i love to watch the stars. I have to say ive seen countless satellites and meteorites, but nothing besides that.

That most fucked up meteors are the ones i believe that are coming straight at you. They just light up in the sky and dont really move much. I asked my dad about it, he said thats what it was.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4624128 - 09/05/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've seen those odd UFOs (in the true definition of the word) that move around at odd angles, brake suddenly and then switch direction or go at 90 degree angles, etc. I was confused as hell about them at first, but I believe that Diploid is right.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Ravus]
    #4625117 - 09/06/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are entitled to your belief.

We all are.

I suppose I have to accept that if I didn't see them myself up-close then I would probably be saying the same as everyone else...

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I can see at least one UFO every night! & so can u! [Re: Gliders]
    #4625126 - 09/06/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just sattelites, do not think or hypothesise any further for ridicule,fear and rejection awaits you...

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4625987 - 09/06/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just a thought...aren't UFO's more Science and Technology than Spirituality and Philosophy?

Or does the fact that we are asked to take them on faith make this a spiritual topic?

Edited by Veritas (09/06/05 03:27 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4626049 - 09/06/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
You are entitled to your belief.

We all are.

I suppose I have to accept that if I didn't see them myself up-close then I would probably be saying the same as everyone else...

If you see them every night, then it should be fairly easy for you to take photographs or videos and post them here for us to see. Perhaps that would help you be more persuasive.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order