Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

What is your opinion about black people?
    #4621761 - 09/05/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What's your opinion about black people? No discussion please (because we'll disagree anyway) but your uncut opinion on all aspects but especially those relating to Politics, Activism and Law.

This whole thread can go up in flames unless we remain decent to one another, but do not not hold back or infringe on your opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Asante]
    #4621768 - 09/05/05 05:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think they are trying to win their independence back the same way the whites took it: with hate.
And who wouldnt? Its a disgrace what the whites did...of course. Anyone who isnt retarded knows that. But the whites ended slavery for a reason: because its wrong and we knew it. The white culture knows what they did, and its awful. They are trying to fix it and end it..forget about it...its over like vietnam, lets get on with our lives.
It seems the black culture is a little hesitant to let it go...and who wouldnt?
What happened, happened. The whites fucked up and they know it, and the blacks arent gonna let em forget. Theyre gonna rub it in for the rest of time, which is gonna cause conflicts between the races.

Racism exists. Face it. Only time can take care of these problems.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #4621779 - 09/05/05 05:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow, i expected some really stupid responses but you actually nailed the problem right on. cheers to you!  :thumbup:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: eligal]
    #4621814 - 09/05/05 07:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Like he said, only time will fix things. We are progressing at a pretty quick pace these days, however, racism is still a large part of our society...it just isnt as much of a priority as it used to be. It seems as though people know its wrong, but they are racist anyways, so they have a public opinion, and a private one too.

Some people said that slavery is over with, and has been for a while, and people need to forgive and forget. It was not that long ago, and even after slaverly, blacks were still heavilt oppressed. Today there are more equal rights, sometimes favoring them more than white people. I dont think that is wrong, because we really need to help accellerate both cultures to the same level. White people are not smarter or more advanced, but they are the majority, and with the current circumstances, it would be foolish to say that there is no seperation umungst us.

Black people may be more willing to riot, loot, kill, etc in these poverty shit holes, but that is not their "nature" It is purely circumstancial, and while it probably is because of their race, it is because of the oppertunities that they have not recieved, and the culture they are forced to believe is theirs.

Every year that goes on, I see less and less seperation between white and black. When I live in the rich part of town, there are plenty of white / black people who would never loot. When I live in the poor part of town, there are just as many white people who would steal / kill as there are black people. The problem is not race, it is class, and it so happens that a large majority of t he lower class is black. This does not suprise me, and honestly, I dont think its their fault.

There will always be oppertunity, but who am I to say because they didnt get there, its their fault? I mean, I hate people who take the system for a ride, because they are lazy, people of any race. I could have been a billionaire by the time i was 21, I could have been the next US President, I could have, should have, would have, did not. Doesnt make me any lessser of a person.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4621944 - 09/05/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think some blacks are genetically inferior.

I think some whites are genetically inferior.

I think blacks and whites have tendancies to be geneticaly inferior in different ways.

Overall the black and white population in the us are about equal in average, maximum and minimum intelligence.

American blacks were selectively bred by the whites for many generations, and have hybridized with european genes.

I suspect that American blacks may be genetically "superior" to African blacks on average, but the African population will have higher max, and lower min.

"Superior" is of course a subjective term, So is "Intelligence". So by "superior" what I really mean is "superior by western (honky) standards".

That is how "we" breed "our" negroes.

That is how we breed ourselves.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4621989 - 09/05/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just skip the discussion, American is racist right?

For the record, I'd rather have 10 murdering, thieving blacks as friends than 1 white, pristine eurotrash.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4622088 - 09/05/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think they have been brought up to believe that the white man specifically but more generally society owes them something. On one hand they tend to rely on the government and thus the predominantly white man for handouts and yet at the same time hate the white man for "keeping him down".

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
    #4622106 - 09/05/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I was kid I used to want to be black. Not in a wigger way, but in a way that probably alarmed some psychologists. I used to be obsessed with the Roots series - both the classic and the extension. I had it all on VHS. If shopping at a Cosco I would drag my mom to a particular cashier to check out simply because the cashier was black. And I was pretty young too, with no concept at all of politics or economics. There was my black neighbors. I saw them as superior to me and my family and thus I always wanted to go out there to hang out. I remember being strangely fascinated by the light skin under a black person's hand, and I remember being over joyed with euphoria when I got a dark tan one summer, and noticed the skin under my hand was later than the back of it. Eventually I grew out of my fascination of Negroids when I was 12 or so.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4622143 - 09/05/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I dig them soul sistahs!!

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4622146 - 09/05/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

doesn't it feel like their ongoing bitterness
over history is to their own detriment?

fuck, lord knows how many different races
and cultures I should loathe for what they
did to my great great whatever.

but I'm here now, today, just trying to get
by. what good would it do?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: afoaf]
    #4622165 - 09/05/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
doesn't it feel like their ongoing bitterness
over history is to their own detriment?

fuck, lord knows how many different races
and cultures I should loathe for what they
did to my great great whatever.

but I'm here now, today, just trying to get
by. what good would it do?

:thumbup:

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Redstorm]
    #4622172 - 09/05/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can certainly agree with you but I can also see a different side. I was at an event somewhere and saw how dick the cops were acting. Then I saw how shitty most people were treating the cops in the first place. If someone every day treating you like shit after a while you might start to take it out on them. Well if people treat blacks inferior all the time they might start to take it out on others. I'm not saying this always happens since I think black people are treated pretty equally buy people of my generation but I can at least understand where some of their idiocy comes from.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4622236 - 09/05/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't mind them at all! I don't like the ones with attitude, but then again I don't like anyone with a bad attitude...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: afoaf]
    #4622294 - 09/05/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

In many ways it is ingrained in afro-american culture to resent whites for what some white people did to their ancestors. When you grow up hearing about how white people hate you and specifically when you fall into the psychological trap of blaming all your hardships on a race/religion/group, it is hard to get out of that mindset.

It often becomes difficult to differentiate the hardships inherant to life from those directly caused by someone out to get you. This mentality also leads to apathy because when you are, say, denied a job, you tend to attribute it to your skin color and then you are less likely to try to find another interview. I know it sounds strange but many african-americans don't think that whites are ever denied jobs.

It is really the ultimate "grass is greener" mentality. I have lots of black friends where i live so i hear this stuff all the time. A lot of people don't understand that being a white male subjects you to a lot of racist and sexist hatred. Its almost as if THEY are the ones who think im better than them and they hate me for it. Kind of twisted. Im just a regular person and my life sucks, believe me. All I can do is try to work hard everyday to feed and house myself and hope others try to do the same.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4622296 - 09/05/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hate 'em because of the color of their skin...

haha j/k

It's never that simple, either...

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4622329 - 09/05/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The white culture knows what they did, and its awful.

Slavery was practiced by the Arabs and Egyptians and black Africans long before the Europeans transported slaves to the states. Many African chieftains traded their own warriors for goods. It was hardly a uniquely white sin.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Swami]
    #4622400 - 09/05/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The Pharohs of Egypt were black and owned hundreds of thousands of slaves for almost a thousand years, so I think black people owe me something.

------------------------

I Don?t Want to be Black Anymore
By J.J. Johnson
Published 12. 17. 02 at 22:47 Sierra Time
xxx I Don?t Want to be Black Anymore
J.J. Johnson - Written: 02.28.00
It's not working, folks.

I have tried to do everything I can to be the African-American I?m supposed to be, but I just cannot continue. I am hereby resigning myself from the Black Race. And before I get death threats from my Black brethren out there, hear me out.

I have almost made it through another Black history month, in which I?m supposed to do all I can to insult White people for 28 days. I guess I should even say the Black History month is a racial conspiracy by White people since they only gave us 28 (or 29) days to rip their dignity to shreds, while the other months have 30 or 31 days. I guess it?s just another example of the Black man not getting his fair share.

Frankly, many of my Black brothas and sistas? are starting to? well... embarrass me. Can I turn on the television and not hear some Black liberal puke complaining about something?

I?ll start there ? television. First we had the NAACP (Notorious African American Communist Pigs) lambasting Hollywood for not having enough Blacks in front of (or behind) the cameras. ?We don?t see enough Black folk on TV.? An economic boycott is threatened, the ugly ?R? word is used, and Hollywood (you know, those rich White guys) capitulate. Did anyone ask were the accusations true? And if so, who really cares?

Whenever I turn my television to watch my favorite programs, I see plenty of very wealthy and successful Black men excelling in their trade/craft. But I guess the NFL, the NBA, and Major League baseball doesn?t count. It must be just me. I guess the "quota kings and queens" don?t count those folks. Then another ?study? comes out. This one says, ?While Blacks are over-represented on television, they are still given only minor roles, or are on screen for less than 5 seconds at a time.? And, of course, this too is unfair. The easy defense against this eternal whining was for anyone to just mention three letters: B.E.T

That?s right, Black Entertainment Television, where you can get all the Blackness you want, 24/7 with all those Black folks in front of (and behind) all those cameras. Gee, only about 60 million cable viewers can see that.

I guess it?s just me. Maybe Momma didn?t raise me right. Now we have that flag issue in Dixie. Most folks thought if they just took down that flag, all this controversy would just go away. After all, it?s a horrible reminder of slavery.

Strange, I can?t find a Black person in this country who can remember being a slave. I also can?t find one White person in the country who will admit to owning slaves. In fact, most of the Whites in this country (according to my investigation) had ancestors who landed on these shores long after slavery ended in North America. And I can?t repeat what some of those Irish folks told me. But, for one month I?m supposed to hate the Confederate flag. Not just waving over the South Carolina Statehouse, but on police cars in Mississippi and in front of livestock shows in Houston. I?m supposed to call for the changing of the names of bridges in Virginia, parks in Tennessee and the defacing of portraits of General Lee. I?m even supposed to support Rep. King?s (R-NY) demonizing of every Southerner in the halls on Congress. I?m supposed to support and endorse all of this because I?m a Black man.

Yes, boycott South Carolina. Boycott the entire South until they get their ?minds right.? This means, no Blacks (like me) should do any business with the South period. So, to that Black businessman in Memphis, sorry. Hope you can get some of those racist White folks to patronize your store. The NAACP says I can?t go there.

About the family reunion this year in South Carolina ? forget it. Nope, not me. Our un-elected Black leadership says we gotta boycott. Don?t worry, I?ll explain to that Black soul food caterer in Columbia that the reason he?s losing so much business this year is because of a piece of cloth hanging over the capitol building. He?ll understand.

And Florida? we?ll have to leave you out, too. You see, Governor Jeb Bush enacted a program called ?One Florida? in which anyone who finishes in the top 20% of his or her class gets a scholarship to a public University in Florida. I can?t figure it out for the life of me, but according to my Black leaders, that?s racist, too. The NAACP head (case) says we?ll boycott Florida until that?s changed. By the way, isn?t it interesting that the same people who say we should boycott everything economically are the same people who say Blacks are economically deprived in this ?White dominated? society? What they?re telling me is that Black people are too stupid to make it into the top 20% of the graduating class, and that most Black people are too stupid to see through their lies. And most of these self-appointed Black leaders probably NEVER made it into the top 20% of anything. But nevertheless, they?re my leaders. Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Bill Bradley and Al Gore say they are, and since all these self-appointed ?oracles? are White, they must be right.

Even Secret Service is getting into the act. Some of these guys, even though they get to guard the President and the Vice President, say they haven?t got the promotions they deserve. Where?s the dignity? I guess those White Secret Service agents get to guard folks more important.

Here?s a suggestion for the Black Secret Service agents who guard those important White folks (from the south): Wanna become heroes and restore your dignity? Quit. That?ll teach ?em.

As a Black man, I?m told I should pin my hopes on making it rich when the NAACP gets their ?fair share? from suing all those guns dealers. After all it?s those gun dealers? fault for all those Black folks shooting all those Black folks. Perhaps next year, they?ll be suing bed-sheet makers, rope manufactures, and the South American drug cartels.

I have asked my Black leaders to sue the ATF, since the only product in America that ?requires? you to list your race before purchasing it is a firearm. They haven?t returned my call. But then again, the right to keep and bear arms isn?t listed under ?civil rights? anyway, is it?

It?s okay. We?ll just sue the gun-makers instead. That?ll teach them to not sell guns to us Black folks (so we can get gunned down for reaching for a wallet.) Yes, if we just sue a few more White folks, harass and slander the rest, one day ? maybe one day--we won?t have to put a prefix in front of the word ?American? anymore.

Well, I?m not waiting for that. I have done everything to try to advance the cause of personal freedom as a Black man, and to enjoy the liberty that my parents fought for, but it is just not working. These White people are just too smart for me. They made sure that I never had to wait at a Denny?s restaurant longer than anyone else does. Some of them hired me for simply having the brains to do the job. Some of them (the real sneaky ones) had the gall to judge me by the content of my character, and not the color of my skin. They?ve paid me in dollars with White slave-owners' photos on them. And, damn them, they made me earn it first.

They have allowed me to own my own business. They even went so far as to steal tax dollars from other White people to make sure I got an education ? so I could like?make it in this world.

What an evil plot. Since there is almost no reason to bitch about anything anymore, it must be?institutional racism.

I am through being used. I am fed up with trying to conform. This year, when I fill out my Census form, I will let them know that I quit. I wish to no longer be a Black American. I want nothing to do with race baiting, whining, pandering for more tax dollars; family breakdowns, and the Al Sharptons of the world.

I don?t want to be Black anymore.

I am somebody, and I don?t need Jessie Jackson to tell me that. My father already did.

I refuse to be used as a statistic to get more left-wing socialists into Congress.

There is no need to make me part of a ?protected group? as the California Governor recently stated. I can protect myself, thank you.

Please do not feel sorry for me anymore, White folks. That liberal pity-party really insults me, anyway.

You Democrats don?t have to act like you like me. I know it?s an election year. I am tired of being the Black ?sheep? of the party. Leave me alone.

If it means disgracing my own heritage by insulting Southern history?

Since making the same statements Martin Luther King, Jr. made in 1963 are now considered ?racist? and ?insensitive??

If it means more innocent White people are forced to go through ?sensitivity training??

If it means that everyone loses their freedom of speech, freedom to peaceably assemble, and their right to keep and bear arms?

If it means being a ward of the State, rather than a Child of God?

I?ll sign the papers, dammit. I?ll file the lawsuit. I?ll start the boycott this time. I have every right. I am sick of these media-selected Black prostitutes making a mockery out of my country, out of everything America stands for. I?m sick of them giving everyone else a reason to hate me.

I quit.

I no longer want a prefix in from of my label. From this point forward, I, J.J. Johnson, DEMAND that I be simply called?

?American.

http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/jj/edjj022800.htm

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4622574 - 09/05/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

OK, you are no longer black. Now you are American. African American to be precise. Feel better?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4622636 - 09/05/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Black on white racism is a joke, as is white on black racism. We're all American now. Segregation is gone. I digested the looting and murdering as Americans doing it, not "filthy dirty poor blacks", as most on the board seemed to. Idiots like Kanye West calling Bush a racist is ridiculous.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4622655 - 09/05/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but what the hell...

My opinion of black people people is the same as my opinion of white/hispanic/asian people. Despite the physical differences (it would be interesting to theorize how larger/smaller dick size affects political and social views), I haven't seen anything suggesting our minds are genetically different. For the most part, all of our brains evolved in Africa. For a while, I followed a theory that brains of whites/asians have a better ability to concentrate on a given task and organize, while the brains of blacks have a better ability to improvise. It seemed promising for a while, but I don't know if it ever panned out past basic musings.

My opinion of black culture is a bit different. At least in western societies. But I don't know if that's what you're asking about... My upbringing has made me sheepish when it comes to assigning judgments on the many many things outside of what I'm intimately familiar with. I'll just say this: While I do think some of the black community has been shaped by past abuse inflicted upon it, the major issue, as it is in all cultures, is the love, education and abuse passed down through generations.

Racism, from any and all directions, doesn't help us as a society/nation/group/whatever. Yet I think that we're all predispositioned to fear, shun and keep our distance from those that are plainly different from us. Coming to terms with that is a must.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Gijith]
    #4622816 - 09/05/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Black people are not any genetically inferior or superior from anyone else. There is no evidence that supports the theory that white people are smarter than blacks, or that blacks are physically superior.

The reason why black people are so unsuccessful (in America at least), is because the black culture doesn't value education as much as other cultures do. Their values just don't link up very well with the professional world, and as a result don't breed success. Asians aren't inherently smarter, they just value education more. That's the reason why they make more money than any other race in the USA.

A big part of black culture is 'not being white.' If a black person decides to study hard in school, and is really interested in intellectual activities, he is labeled as 'being white' and antagonized by their peers.

There's also a misconception than black people are stronger and can jump higher than white people. This isn't true. The reason why there are so many black people in the NBA and NFL, it's because their culture has put a lot of value in sports, mostly the ones that make a lot of money like the mainstream sports. You'll notice that there aren't a lot of black people that play sports that typically aren't money makers like swimming and gymnastics.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineSunlightshedcom
Stranger

Loc: Buffalo, NY USA
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: looner2]
    #4622843 - 09/05/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
For the record, I'd rather have 10 murdering, thieving blacks as friends than 1 white, pristine eurotrash.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Turn-Key Complete Hydroponic Growing Systems

www.sunlightsheds.com

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4623297 - 09/05/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think they're genetically any differerent from white people, save for the obvious physical differences, and I've met many great black people. However, I do have some problems with the "black culture" that has developed in America. There's a tendency among them to feel like the world owes them something. This leads some to become welfare leeches, and others to resort to a life of crime. Also, they tend to have an aversion to "acting white," which for them means getting a good education, speaking proper English, and being productive citizens. I also find the predominance of single-parent families among blacks to be quite disturbing.

That said, I think there are many admirable things about black culture as well, and I also have plenty of problems with white culture. When I see a black person, I try not to make any assumptions about them, and treat them like any other person. Not every black person fits the stereotype, just as many white people don't fit the stereotype for white people. I try to judge people on their merits, and I wish everyone would do the same.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4623638 - 09/05/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What is the sterotype of a white person? The attitude you describe in black culture is fucking absurd. Thats what Bill Cosby Speaks about. Bill is the man, he tells it like it is and all the blacks hate him for it.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4623738 - 09/05/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think that the majority of black people in America seem to not only fit the stereotype of an ignorant violent thug, but they seem to encourage and push that image as the ideal state for blacks to live in. The majority of rap / hip-hop / R&B music glorifies a life of crime, violence, promiscious sex.

The black community as a whole seems to hold up athletic figures and rap artists as models for young black men. Well I hate to break it to you, but not every black guy can play sports or rap. If you were to name some famous black men who "made it", how many of them would be there because they are a famous surgeon or philospher? Not many in America.

Why is black American culture so fixated on ignorance, violence and living this lifestyle? I can't say why, but I can say that it is that way.

Read my thread about Kayne in the Pub for more reason.s

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4623752 - 09/05/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

U GUS IGNANT, FO SHEEZY.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4623783 - 09/05/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IMMA CAP YOU

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
    #4627582 - 09/06/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The only difference is history. We should have equal oppurtunity. Affirmative action makes sense to me, and I believe it has worked here in Canada. A secular society is stronger than one that divides itself and pretends conflict needs to exist. The solution to racism is to forget about it. Everyone benefits from equal oppurtunity and I believe the system in the US is a result of white fear. The result after Katrina only emphasizes what happens to a society which cannot live in tolerance of each other, which further perpetuates the problems of "race" and further creates needless conflict and bloodshed.

Pretending they should just 'forget' and join in on the true, american pull yourself out of the ghetto by your own bootstraps rhetoric is tired and causing more problems than it helps. Race is not a detriment, though, genetics may be. It is a red herring.

--------------------
Peace
John

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: BCBudJohn]
    #4627622 - 09/06/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BCBudJohn said:
The only difference is history. We should have equal oppurtunity.

Would you surmise that going back far enough in time, we all had "equal opportunity"? Why did Whites succeed to such a massive scale while world-wide, blacks seem to fail?
Quote:

Affirmative action makes sense to me, and I believe it has worked here in Canada.

So you admit that blacks are less capable and, as thus, need special treatment?
Quote:

A secular society is stronger than one that divides itself and pretends conflict needs to exist.

In the interest of not dividing ourself, lets give preferential treatment to those who are inferior to ourselves, that doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.
Quote:

The solution to racism is to forget about it.

So when someone is told to hire blacks instead of whites, thats "forgetting it"? "don't notice race, unless it's to benefit blacks"

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4627723 - 09/06/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
What's your opinion about black people? No discussion please (because we'll disagree anyway) but your uncut opinion on all aspects but especially those relating to Politics, Activism and Law.

This whole thread can go up in flames unless we remain decent to one another, but do not not hold back or infringe on your opinion.

why do we need to call them black people? to me they're just people...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4627847 - 09/06/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Which black people?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #4627871 - 09/06/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
What's your opinion about black people?

I have absolutely no problem with black people, but I have a problem with the predominate black culture. It seems to be a culture that emphasizes a victim mentality and a mentality that somehow they are owed something. This attitude is destroying the black community and is leading to the breakdown of the black family and rampant crime within the black community. This culture is not limited to only blacks, but it seems that this culture is held by a large percentage of the black population in the south. I have noticed that in other parts of the country and the world have less of a problem than the southern US.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: z@z.com]
    #4627890 - 09/06/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hear its different in the UK... I hear that over there the irish are the downtrodden minority

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4627972 - 09/06/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Me and some other Shroomerites have decided to let you get to know black people first hand. I'll set you up on the west coast by dropping you off in Nickerson Gardens (birthplace of the Bloods) for a beautiful two night stay. Bring your backpack and a bewildered pasty-faced tourist look, you'll find the locals will give you plenty of attention. Next I'll meet you at MLK Jr. Medical center and if you're ambulatory, I'll take you to Compton, home of Eazy-E and The South Side Compton Crips for another fabulous two night stay. Bring some Jerry Curl, a case of 40's and some of that high grade Dutch Chronic and make yourself at home on the first porch you can find where the blood is dry (so as not to stain your pants). I'll leave it to my brothers the Detroit, East Coast and South Side Shroomers to describe what they have in store for you in their hoods... Yo, word up!

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4628065 - 09/06/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i bet you'd get the same effect dropping someone on a random streetcorner in the bombed out section of dublin too, and not a black face in sight...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4628075 - 09/06/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I doubt it. Maybe you could visit an Indian reservation. Poor, oppressed by whites, thats the admixture for reckless, uncontrolled violence right? So if you want to do this experiment, we'll take you to the projects and I'll go visit the Indians on their reservations. I'm sure that those two magical tailsmen combined effect everyone the same, right?

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4628094 - 09/06/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

poor and opressed by anyone... i hear chinese people have it real bad in japan... them palestinians are pretty downtrodden too, i wouldn't want to be walking around gaza at night...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4628102 - 09/06/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
I doubt it. Maybe you could visit an Indian reservation. Poor, oppressed by whites, thats the admixture for reckless, uncontrolled violence right? So if you want to do this experiment, we'll take you to the projects and I'll go visit the Indians on their reservations. I'm sure that those two magical tailsmen combined effect everyone the same, right?

I don't think the indians on the rez qualify as downtrodden anymore, too much casino money going around... they don't exactly have the big reputation for violence... how about we dress you as a hutu and send you into tootsieland?

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4628105 - 09/06/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So you'd be surprised if fewer murders took place in Indian reservations than in the 'hood?  Maybe you should wait for those drugs to wear off before you answer :wink:

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4628120 - 09/06/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
i bet you'd get the same effect dropping someone on a random streetcorner in the bombed out section of dublin too, and not a black face in sight...

You would lose that bet.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4628138 - 09/06/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
I don't think the indians on the rez qualify as downtrodden anymore, too much casino money going around...

I'm pretty sure that's a fairly small minority of tribes who have such an economic advantage. Many tribes in the U.S. live in worse poverty than you'll ever see in Compton or South Central.

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4628142 - 09/06/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what, no violent crime in dublin? what if you put on an orangemen uniform and dragged an old irish lady down the street by her hair?

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4628150 - 09/06/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

while singing god save the queen

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4628151 - 09/06/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

with a sign on your back that says guinness stout is for sissies! real men drink budweiser!

edit:spailing

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Edited by MikeOLogical (09/06/05 11:27 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4632634 - 09/07/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I will give every individual (no matter what race, sex, religion, or age) an equal chance to impress me as being a decent person. In that way I am very tolerant and non-racist. I have met some absolutely wonderful black people.

But, I am not afraid to admit the realities in which my country finds itself in. Black Americans are much more likely to do poorly in academic environments, they are much more likely to commit violent crimes (including homicide) than white people are, and they are much more likely to be incarcerated than white people are. There are serious problems in the American black community and the statistics quite clearly show this.

I was just reading an article in my local newspaper. Twenty-two of twenty-five homicides that occurred in a period of time happened in the black neighborhoods and they were perpetrated by blacks against other blacks. Blacks make up about 20% of the population of my city but they accounted for 88% of the murders during this one snapshot of time. I might add that this is not out of the ordinary. Most murders that happen in my city occur in the black neighborhoods. My city is not alone when it comes to the overwhelming amount of violent crime being perpetrated by blacks....it is like this all over the country.

Some people say that poverty causes all of these problems. I grew up in an area that is 99% white and poor. I believe about 20-30% of the people there live below the poverty line. There hasn't been a murder there in years. Poor white people aren't running around shooting people. But, poor black people are. In EVERY predominately black neighborhood in my city, there is trash everywhere, people are dealing drugs on the street corner, and people are being shot on a regular basis. I worked with a black guy (a real cool guy by the way) who said that 50% of the guys he went to high school with were dead or in prison. I asked him if he was exaggerating and he said he wasn't.

Not only do the statistics show that black people are causing disproportionate amounts of problems in this country, but my experiences also have made an imprint upon my mind. I have encountered multitudes of black people who were loud, rude, obnoxious, and indolent. Granted, I have encountered white people like this as well. But, the black people who have exhibited these attitudes have been much more prevalent.

I wish I could take some of you liberal Europeans around to black neighborhoods in this country. As you walk around the trash, the grafitti, and the people standing around "doing nothing" and have black people yell at you (this just happened to me the other day), say insensitive things to you, and menace you, you will understand why a lot of white America is leery of black people.

Why is it like this? Is it their genetics? Is it their culture? I have no clue and I don't really care. All I know is that I don't want to live in or near a black neighborhood. I don't want my kids going to a black school. I also wouldn't want my kids living in a small white Mid-Western town with a big meth problem either.

I am too busy looking out for me, my friends, and my family to worry about trying to make the black community healthy. That is the responsibility of the black people who live in it, not mine. And right now they are doing a shitty job in my opinion.

Edited by RandalFlagg (09/08/05 06:50 AM)

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4632811 - 09/08/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Very well put.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4633100 - 09/08/05 06:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like them, some of the most talented musicians, dancers, and you can pound the fuck out of there cervices way past when most white girls would be crying... O, yea, and the country is built on there forced labor. They also came up with Jazz, Blues, Hip Hop, and Rock... Some of the best American musical art forms. They also set the pace with alot of current fashion.

I wish more of them where in the Government, because at the very least, they know some POOOR people. And understand what it is like to be a 'common' man.

I also feel sorry for the amount of hatred that is directed at them. Pretty petty stuff if you ask me. A poor black woman in the south is most likely one of the hardest lives you could live in America right now.

So I'd say pretty fucking positive... Some of my best lovers have been black...

=)

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #4634587 - 09/08/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I love my African brothers and sisters!  Growing up one of my closest friends was black.  I spent a lot of time around his house and would even go to church with his family on occasion.  His church was probably what gave me my first real taste of spirituality. 

On the topic of crime and gangs:

Generally people conform to their peers.  It makes life easier for the most part. If you raise a child in the ghetto, where crime is a way of life, they're going to have more exposure to that lifestyle and thus have greater probability of conforming to it.  Take that same child and raise him in a more well to do part of town and the child is going to conform to his peers there.  That is unless the black child falls victim to what MTV and the rest of the media says it means to be black. The media is pushing people farther and farther away from the realization that we are all one :heart:

Edited by Smoker For Peace (09/08/05 04:25 PM)

Offlineimadouche
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Cherk]
    #4634659 - 09/08/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are good white people and there are meth smoking sister fucking rednecks.

There are good black people and there are crack smoking welfare taking niggers.

Everyone should be judged on an individual basis.

Skin color means nothing.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: What is your opinion about black people? [Re: Cherk]
    #4634677 - 09/08/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why is crime more of a way of life in the ghetto? Because black culture promotes and encourages it? Why?

--------------------

David Lane

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds