Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

The real underestimation in the Katrina relief
    #4621300 - 09/05/05 02:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is not being talked about because its not PC but I think the most underestimated factor in the local and federal response to Katrina is the fact that they didn't realize New Orleans is a hive of scumbags and thugs...there, i said it.

This wasn't the only city drowned by the hurricane but it was the only one where half the bodies floating through town had bullet holes in them.
The actions of the citizens of new orleans was disgraceful and should not be forgotten or worse, blamed on anyone else.

Could FEMA have responded sooner? definately. Could the mayor have put federal disaster funds to use before the storm even hit? of course...but don't be fooled by the blame game. The truth is coming out about what really happened there and its pretty sick.

Im not sure if you all remember in the late 90's when the feds unprecedentedly threatened to take control of the NO police force because they were not only turning a blind eye to crime, but committing murder and rape at a pace matching the rest of the crime-ridden city. Several officers are now on death row.

Everyone thinks this city turned lawless because of lack of response but no one realizes that this city has been lawless for the past 2 decades and it finally resulted in disaster. If you have ever been to NO outside of the tourist safe-haven, you know what I mean. It is also pretty disingenuous to claim that this condition is due to poverty because that is an insult to all who live in poverty around the country.

The fact of the matter is that the national guard was on the outskirts of the city 24-48 hours before they actually entered because they had to wait for armored vehicles and an overwhelming force to enter the battle zone where the elderly were being slaughtered to make room on buses and roaming bands of men were raping and killing children for fun. There is no excuse.

I haven't been on here for a while so I'm not sure of the state of these forums, but I'm sure ill probably get flamed for this. Its just that i have family from NO (Ive been dealing with this for the past week) and I'm not just an armchair observer pulling this shit out of my ass.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: The real underestimation in the Katrina relief [Re: Catalysis]
    #4621764 - 09/05/05 06:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I agree. The problem isnt that they are all black. The problem is what is going on down there, and they just so happen to be black. Its the decisions they have made and thats it.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR YOU ARE. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS. ITS THE CHOICES YOU, AND YOU ALONE MAKE.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion