Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Belgium
    #462090 - 11/18/01 10:58 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

A couple of days ago, I introduced two of my friends to tripping. I had purchased two little bags of hawaiian psilocybin mushrooms, each bag representing one dose. There was also a little bit left from a previous trip. We all
took about the same dose, didn't really get any 'serious'
visuals, but just spent the whole evening laughing our asses off, just being really happy, you know. Let's call it la-la-la land. We were in a small club, with house music playing, but it was pretty crowded. But all of a sudden, one of my friends -a real lightweight- just collapsed. He didn't just fall, but was really freaking out, trembling with fear and having
convulsions. I immediately got him to stand up and go outside. From the on, things were getting better. There is also something really important that I have to mention; the guy I'm talking about had hardly eaten all day(except for an hamburger while we were tripping) He had also been
drinking a bit, but just a couple of beers. It's probably a combination all of these things that caused him to collapse, but is was so scary. I mean, basically we were having the best trip ever and then all of a sudden something like that happened.

Do any of you psychonauts out there have had similar experiences? or would just share some advice?
Anything will do.

P.S. The guy was also really concerned about the fact that others could see that he was tripping.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Frightening [Re: Calimero]
    #462103 - 11/18/01 11:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have several friends that can't drink and trip..personally, I hardly ever feel like drinking while tripping(and that is saying something if you knew me)..I would guess that it contributed at least somewhat to your friends dilemma.

Paranoia while tripping is not your garden variety paranoia if you have ever had a spell with it. It can seem totally real, especially for a novice. Without a pure rationalization while tripping, primal instincts such as fight or flight can cause some psychotic behavior, including panic attacks...

How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

myco contractor
    #462441 - 11/18/01 05:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I always like to have a few drinks in me before munchin on some shrooms. I think it gets rid of stomache pains I usually get in the begining and it mellows the trip but not the visuals, seems to loosen up my mind.

#462772 - 11/18/01 10:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Of coarse diagnoses online without medical experience is guess work, I think a low blood suger level may have been the cause, we have seen this before...

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

#463016 - 11/19/01 04:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I had a buddy of mine pass out cold while doing N2O.... the dude fell flat on his face and his lips turned blue. Freaked me out. I thought he cashed his chips out. Same buddy passed out a second time doing N2O. I never saw this happen before. Moral of the story don't let the same dude shroom again. They usual just end up ruining or putting a major damper on your buzz.

Re: Frightening [Re: AzulAgave]
    #486898 - 12/11/01 03:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Dangit, hatter, I went to your site because I had to know how a raven is like a writing desk, and I didn't see anything about it.

Care to share?

Re: Frightening [Re: Wereraven]
    #487048 - 12/11/01 06:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Low blood sugar is very possible. Not much food and alcohol.Alcohol causes the release of extra insulin. The extra insulin eats up all of your available sugars and you end up with low blood sugar.. How did he recover? And by convultions do you mean he was having seizures?

Loc: ohio
Re: Frightening [Re: isis]
    #487319 - 12/11/01 02:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

could be low blood sugar. have him see a doctor about diabetes. isis gave my reasons for this diagnosis. my brother has diabetes, and the combination of not eating, and then drinking earlier seems to point to this. alcohol will cause hypoglycemia a few hours after consumption. have him see a doctor.

Loc: Canada, eh
Re: Frightening [Re: isis]
    #487385 - 12/11/01 02:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I had a similar experience. I was at a shroom party/gathering every single person it the place was on shrooms. I had not eaten breakfeast but had a big lunch at work and nothing after work. My job requred me to do a LOT of bike riding in the suburbs (not a courier) and I ride a fairly beefy mountain bike wich is very energy draining on the street in a hilly area. So my big lunch was probly not enogh. We got off work early at 2:00 and then went straight to the liquer store then went home, then me and my buddie started drinking at 3:00 or 4:00. Then we rode to the party. It was not on till like 7:00 but people started to gather, it was all close friends of the house owner so theres was only about 20 peeps. I finished 12 beer at 6:00 and every one popped at about 7:00 inluding me (4g) the high was mostly body but good. At about 1:00am I was sitting in this big chair in the living room and I noticed I slowly was becoming short of breath. Then started sweating like a pig followed by light-headedness and loss of hearing, followed by seeing spots (not hallucinations) till my vision was confined to a small spot at which point I barely heard or saw my friend say "come out for a cigarete Man." I thought getting up, fresh air and mabey a smoke would be good to stop from blacking out. It all came on so slowly about 10 min since shortness of breath so I thought I could make it across the living room to the deck in time. The floor was littered with peeps and stepping around them was extremly difficult when u can hardly see and ur losing conciousness. I made it to the deck whitch was just a small strip about 5 feet wide and had no railing. I hoped I didnt passout and then fall off the deck but as soon as the fresh air hit me I started regaining vision then my and buddy layed down with r legs haning off the edge since its not that wide and in 1 min I was fine again and had a smoke. I find I can controll my fellings fairly well while tripping thats probly the only reason I didnt freak when I started feeling the effects of blacking out so slowly. It was still fairly scary having 10 mins to think af whats happening to me but I realized it was just blacking out and I was probably not going to be harmed, so I reamained calm. I'm pretty sure now after reading ur posts that it was combination of low blood sugar and alcohol (although I was barely drunk when I popped). I'm sure that waking up early to go to work then heavy physical egxertion were contributing factors aswell.

#488398 - 12/12/01 09:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I had something like this happen to a buddy of mine a few years back. The trip report is here is you are interested: http://www.shroomery.org/tripreports.php?action=view&level=3&KeyID=134

I'm not sure what causes it though.

Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Re: Frightening [Re: Floydian]
    #489417 - 12/13/01 02:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Azul- no offense but if you have ever been around alot while people were doing N20 you would probably have figured out that passing out while doing it is VERY common.:)
Once the body runns out of the oxygen it needs to function you pass out. Tell you friend to breath between hits :p

Edited by farout (12/13/01 02:27 AM)

Loc: Lab 23
Re: Frightening [Re: farout]
    #489726 - 12/13/01 01:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

How is a raven like a writing desk?
Why, you've gone stark raving mad!

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience