Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescribble
Stranger
My day in the woods
    #4620058 - 09/04/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is what I did to day. And sorry for the pictures I took the with my phone.

I've had quite a bit of stuff happen lately and felt I needed to clear my head some. I wanted to go someplace where I could be by myself and that few people knew about and with that in mind I thought back to a place my dad brought my when I was younger. It was a mountain ... but I've only been there once maybe twice before and wasn't sure if I would remember the way. Even though it was in a (state?) park I was pretty sure nobody knew about this place, I figured it would be perfect and decided to go the next available Sunday. Unfortunately the next Sunday it rained and the one after that I had a birthday party to attend but Sep. 04 came around and it looked like a good day to go.

After getting to a late start I made it out of the house at 3:00pm. it's maybe a 20min drive tops to get to the park but when I got there some sort of downhill race was going on so I wasn't going to be able to take the trail I wanted to. Disappointed I decided to just take a hike through the woods and maybe smoke the bowl pack or two I brought. I grab my Mp3 player and start my journey with purple haze playing but I'm unable to really enjoy the music because that particular trail went alongside a highway. Now I knew this trail pretty well so I knew once I made it far enough there was a foot bridge that crossed over the highway and that would be the end of that annoyance. Not much happened between 3:00 and 3:30 (my next stop) other than Steve Vai's "For the Love of God" came on my player and that song always gets me feeling good. I was just taking random trails and pretty much gave up hope of finding my mountain when just as FtLoG was coming to an end I came upon a clearing with a stone pavilion in the center.

I instantly took a picture (which didn't turn out well) because I now knew exactly were I was. I stopped to check out all the names of the people I knew who've carved their names in the stone but was sorry to see my parents names were almost beyond readability. But with a renewed sense of direction I became hopeful once more of finding my mountain. So once again I started down a trail and once again except for a song nothing happened for near half an hour. This time it was Metallica's "My Friend of Misery" it fills me with a completely different emotion but it really helped make my journey that much more enjoyable.

Finally half an hour after the pavilion I came upon the reservoir. At first I was going to walk right passed because if I remembered correctly my mountain was close. But I knew I had some good memories of this place so I decided to take a short break and take a few pictures because once I got down to the water I was able to see my destination. Down by the waters edge it became windy and I felt renewed which is good because now I had to find a trail I wasn't sure existed.

After a short walk I came upon a road. If I had taken the way I wanted to in the first place I would have come up the road. I knew if I remembered correctly the trail I was looking for would be on my right but I wasn't sure how far. After maybe 15min. from my last stop I see a trail going off into the woods I paused for a second amazed at how quickly I found it before hurrying into the cover of trees. Happy that I had found the trail I nearly skipped till the trail ended. Not bothered by this I began making my own, I knew I was close... very close. And sure enough the ground turned from dirt to a rocky slope and the trees began to thin. I took a picture and started up the side. At this point the sun had come out pretty strong and seeing as I was on the side of a mountain with no trees or any other cover from the sun it was much like crossing a desert. I was forced to stop often and climb slowly as the rocks were rather unstable but this did allow for a few pictures. I made it nearly to the top when it became a very treacherous looking climb so a mere 20 or so feet from the top I decide to turn back. I did not make this decision without much thought on the matter but I was growing tired, was getting thirsty, and decided it would be better to come back with a friend just in case something happened.

As I slowly made my way down I began to plan who I would take with me because I wanted to come bake as soon as passable. Then about half way down the rock under my left hand gives way and I begin to fall. I catch myself after about 5 feet but I received some good scrapes to my left arm. So now a little shaken up I start down again. Then even with my headphones on I hear leaves rustle. I quickly glance in the direction of the noise and see a black snake with it's tail shaking furiously rise up and pose to strike. FUCK!!!
I take a step back but still feel I'm close enough to be bit. I look quickly behind me to see if I have a place to step and quickly leap away. I turned back to see what the snake was doing and to try and snap a picture. ( I know you can't tell what happening in the pic)
Now I hurry down the last bit of mountain shaking horribly after what just happened and rush to the road.

Once there I calm down and put my head phones back on while walking towards the exit (the way I wanted to come up) Once I get there I watch a few of the cars race then walk back to my car with "Touch of Grey" finishing up my adventure.

--------------------
Mahayana Buddhist tradition tells how Buddha lived on one hemp seed a day.
This was enough to sustain him during the six steps of asceticism leading to his Enlightenment.
In recent centuries, higher doses have been favoured.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: My day in the woods [Re: scribble]
    #4620197 - 09/04/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

music+nature=heaven

thanks for the great read!

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlinescribble
Stranger
Re: My day in the woods [Re: kindkesey]
    #4620386 - 09/04/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

music+nature=heaven

Agreed but sometimes it can be far to easy to forget.

Also does anyone have any info on what type of snake I might have encountered? I was black I don't think there were any markings. It shook it's tail and acted ready to strike so I'm guessing it could have been some kind of rattle snake or possibly one that mimics a rattler.

--------------------
Mahayana Buddhist tradition tells how Buddha lived on one hemp seed a day.
This was enough to sustain him during the six steps of asceticism leading to his Enlightenment.
In recent centuries, higher doses have been favoured.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub