Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehemproll420
Stranger
inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate
    #4491390 - 08/03/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i was wondering if this would be a good idea. using the pf tek sterilize your substrate dry and inoculate with mycelium/malt water. i think it will colonize much quicker. please respond with your thoughts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: hemproll420]
    #4491430 - 08/03/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Uh, dry substrate? totatlly dry? It would be a MF trying to get the right moisture level after that. However, if you knew EXACTLY how much water to add and you had that much liquid culture (assuming absorbtion would get the water where it needed to be and everything else worked), it would probably colonize in two days.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4493795 - 08/04/05 02:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

except that the mycellium is displacing water and it will be difficult to jusde you total dry matter/liquid/mycelllium. At least difficult for me. Seems like a POA compared to WBS

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: xburn]
    #4493837 - 08/04/05 03:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you had a 500ml bottle filled of LC, just take about 20 ml out and dilute to say 500 ml.

And use the diluted 500ml to fill up a whole 500ml jar etc.

No point in using super concentrated myc solution when a very very dilute one will work just as good.

Think about it, if you had a single drop of the solution at every 1cm^3 point in the bottle. You would only need a few mls and all the myc needs to do is grow .5cm^3 and the whole thing will be colonized.

Since you cant place drops throughout the substrated, you just dilute a little to the right amount you need and ahead you go.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: Ascension]
    #4493941 - 08/04/05 05:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have done it with grain. I have suggested the dry PF jar a few times too. I dont bother with cakes anymore but think it would work very well. Using lots of LC is advantageous, it speeds up colonisation very well, leaving less time for contams to take hold, it also means no shaking of the jar is needed, so your myc colonises even faster and stronger. The most important thing is moisture content, easily worked out by weighing.
Here is one successful growlog
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4294326/an/0/page/0

and another just started
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4493882/an/0/page/0

Edited by blackout (08/04/05 05:21 AM)

Offlinepagan333
Seeker
 User Gallery

#4508194 - 08/07/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have very good results using a honey/water mixture to colonize the mycelium and inject this solution into standard PF Cakes with just a little less water then recommended. The cakes almost completely colonize in about 4-7 days.
:scaryshroom:

--------------------

Offlinehemproll420
Stranger
    #4538216 - 08/15/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

another simple idea would be to mix poo/colonized liquid in a clear bin and let it fruit in that bin. cold shock for pins, air exchange and misting regularly. clean of everything when fruiting stops and transfer an already colonized mix of the same.

post comments and suggestions

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #4539763 - 08/15/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Is this really a viable method? Any experience with this?
I tried to inoculate worm castings with a nice LC, 50ml free poured into filter patch bags, with about 5 lbs castings. It just made the castings kind of muddy and never colonized.
JD

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4542706 - 08/16/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's not a particularly viable method. It can work, but....

Well as you found out with the castings, you have to allow for the liquid when prepping the substrate.

Also, LC's still have sugar in them, which will often contaminate when introduced to non-sterile media. This rules out most/all bulk substrates.

You would have to use the LC on sterile media, kept in a sterile environment. If you are doing that, why bother with a bulk substrate? Just use grains, meaning a spawn bag of grain inoculated with a lot of LC. But that's just standard practice, nothing special there....

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: mycofile]
    #4546997 - 08/17/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hemproll, getting back to the point of your original question. You can certainly inoculate PF substrate with LC. Just leave out as much water as you plan to use in LC. As mentioned above you will still have to keep things sterile. Also, spawn bags are going to be much better for this if not necessary so you can mix the substrate with the liquid.

This is pretty standard, but you are right in assuming it will be faster. I've seen bags of PF substrate colonize completely in just a few days when inoculated with lots of LC.

If you are really clean, you might be able to skip the spawn bags and just mix the LC in with the sterile PF mix. You will have to be really clean (flow hood, glove box etc, and sterilized containers and implements for mixing). This can work, but depends on how clean you can be. I know I could do it, but I don't know about you, so if you lose it, it's because you weren't clean enough.

GL

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: xburn]
    #4547021 - 08/17/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xburn said:
except that the mycellium is displacing water and it will be difficult to jusde you total dry matter/liquid/mycelllium.

not an issue. Just use the same amount of LC as you would have used in water. The mycellium displaces water physically, this is true, but there is still just as much water in the jar of LC as you put in it to begin with. Meaning if you start a jar of LC with 500 mL, there will still be 500 mL of water in the jar when you inoculate your substrate regardless of how much mycelium mass has been generated.

--------------------

Offlinethekeeper
not a grower
 User Gallery

Loc: a country where it is leg...
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: mycofile]
    #4616085 - 09/03/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i have PF-Tek jars (w/ h2o) already sterilized, can they still be inoculated successfully with lc?

-shaw

--------------------
everything i said above is fictional....i don't grow illegal mushrooms!

Casing 101

Poor Man s Mycelium Syringe Tek

'-.Always use Oust to sterilize your air.-'

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: thekeeper]
    #4618967 - 09/04/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, you can inoculate pf jars with lc, no problem. I wouldn't use much more than a mL per hole though.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculate colonised liquid into subtrate [Re: thekeeper]
    #4618970 - 09/04/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thekeeper said:

i have PF-Tek jars (w/ h2o) already sterilized, can they still be inoculated successfully with lc?

-shaw

Yes they can

I wouldn't use more than 2 cc per jar.

4 hole lid...1/2 a cc per hole.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom