Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Have an idea
    #4618750 - 09/04/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i was thinking once i have a jar of corn that mycelium is colonizing that i could go ahead prepare a bunch of sterilized corn jars just waiting for spores.. well instead of using syringes .. i thought why not take a pair of tweezers sterilized of course .. then take maybe 10 single corn kernels that are covered with mycelium and place them into a ready corn jar for inoculation.. once those kernels are placed in jar all you would have to do is shake the jar and that would place mycelium in different spots for colonization to begin .. any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Have an idea [Re: tony8404]
    #4618755 - 09/04/05 05:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes it does work, its called a Grain To Grain transfer. I would use a quarter size chucnk if i were you though. Also it should be done as sterile an envrionment as possible, preferably a glove box, since your opening a sterile jar.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Have an idea [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4618759 - 09/04/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah thats what i wanted to hear .. didnt know it had a name already .. i woke up this morning had a beer smoked a bowl and was looking at two single kernels left behind in the jar my cake came out of and there was nice fluffy mycelium on it and i thought what a waste .. now i know its not.. also, this sucks cause my cool mist just broke down i put to much water in it i think i broke a motor.. but thats okay i will go to kmart and buy a new one .. put my broke one back in box and return it with no worries .. damn im good

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Have an idea [Re: tony8404]
    #4618762 - 09/04/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get some supplies to build a glove box if your going to do this, best way to reduce contams for this.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
Re: Have an idea [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4618993 - 09/04/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have great luck using the oven tec.

--------------------

Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have an idea [Re: ready2go]
    #4619055 - 09/04/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ready2go said:
I have great luck using the oven tec.

me too, some people say its proven faulty but its always worked for me.

--waixingren

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale