Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
The most terrifying experience of my life. (long)
    #4618697 - 09/04/05 04:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well I introduced 3 of my good friends to mushrooms. They were very eager to try it and have very open minds about things, so I figured I'd bring some mushrooms over and have a nice little trip.

I hooked my bag up with a good amount of caps and fat stems, just a little over an 8th. I had my bud, cigs...I was set. So we all started munching. Some were gagging from the taste but I never seem to have a problem with em.

15 minutes into it I got that familiar anticipation feeling in my stomach and the room was a little brighter. After smoking a few bowls and talking about so much shit we came inside his house and watched some Aqua Teen. It was getting harder to stay focused and laughing was all we could do, even though we didn't understand the TV.

After about 45 minutes into it the room grew yellow, then faded orange, then red, pink, and so on. I was on cloud 9. After rambling on for a while with a mix of meaningless slur, SHIT GOT WEIRD. My close friend started really bugging out. She was instantly confused and she began to get abusive. She would look at me, and punch me in the face, then back away in horror and say, "I'm...sorry". Then she'd kick me.

A little after that I got tired of it and left the room to really chill out...things were getting very heated and intense for me and I needed some isolation. I met my other buddy downstairs and we talked each other down and calmed to the point where we were laughing at everything again.

Soon we heard a loud bang upstairs and we both went up to see. The girl was now trashing the room. She was hitting stuff, throwing stuff around, and turned into what I can only describe as an angry primal jungle bitch. For some reason she went to sleep, she just passed out, was still breathing normally and all but she was sleeping.

We were a little calmer but this was about 2 hours into the trip now. One by one we peaked like crazy. People were crying, sobbing, screaming, laughing... Everyone was looking around confused and had looks of complete terror on their faces. The girl woke up and started making FUCKED UP SOUNDS. It was like a mix of a dry heave, with a burp, a moan, and a growl, all while coughing violently. I was in shock at this point. I started thinking she was dying and I wanted to get help. I wanted to call someone and be like, "I fucked up BIG and this girl needs help." I can't even describe the terror in my mind. People were in a complete frenzy.

I ran my ass downstairs and sat with 2 of my friends to try and make the voices stop. All I could hear upstairs was screaming and random words.

What happened next will never leave my mind. The most horrific moment of my LIFE.

The patterns in front of me became too vivid to handle. A kaleidoscope was all I saw and faces were everywhere on the plain white wall. Eyes would open and look at me. I kept seeing this vision of my friend who died drowning in a river. I was at his viewing last month and for some reason I couldn't stop seeing him lay there. I even felt like i WAS him. I saw my own face...my actual face without a mirror or anything...I swear I left my body and was watching myself. Then the colors got brighter, sounds got louder...like explosions. My senses began mixing together, I couldn't tell smell from sight and sound and I was one big mess of confusion and fear. I told myself...it's just the mushrooms, I'm OK. But then I thought, what if there was something I missed and these are poison...what if this is..it? But I couldn't understand death. I thought about my dead friend and wondered why I was conscious and he wasn't. I couldn't comprehend death.

I didn't think it would get any worse, but it did. My friends were peaking at the same time as me, walking around crying and moaning. Then my friend messed with the lights; on off on off on off. I was breaking down. I felt my body SURGE with energy and I almost collapsed. I felt cold, silent, alone...everything got muffled and I lost my hearing. I couldn't see anything but the inside of my imagination. I felt my way around the room looking for a chair. Then I heard my friend say in the scariest, most painful voice, "Hey (insert my name here)..am I dying?"

I didn't know how to answer him. I wasn't sure. I didn't know left from right, real from fake, I thought I was dead. I honestly believe d I had stopped living, and I was conscious for the last minute of my life. I was so scared and alone, I was crying out for help saying, "guys I can't take this...make it stop...I can't...oh myGOOOOODDD, ugghhhhhhh oh god." This only freaked everyone out more.

Not more that 10 minutes later I walked into his kitchen all sweaty and paranoid, took off my hat, took a breath, and felt life come back into me. I was coming out of my trance and I was happy to be alive. I walked over to my other paralyzed friends and said, "I...I think I'm coming back." I heard responses saying they were too, and they were so happy.

Eventually the girl snapped out of it and came upstairs with the rest of us. We talked for hours about the trip, and how we all felt like we were dying. I mentioned the dead friend vision to the girl, and she turned white. Her and I were thinking the exact same thing, believing it was us laying there in the coffin. The WEIRDEST part was when I sobered up and went to the kitchen for a donut. I saw a newspaper sticking out of a box (he just moved into the house) and it was right there on the front page: "Local teen drowns in river"....I was like WTF! The story was right there and I don't even remember looking at it tripping I didn't even SEE it there.

This was by far my craziest experience. I can't believe how scared and alone you can feel on these mushrooms. I'm an experienced tripper and know how to handle myself but this knocked me on my ass and I'll never take mushrooms for granted like that again. These are POWERFUL. They couldn't have been cubensis...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDragonaut

Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: Newbie]
    #4618704 - 09/04/05 04:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's a crazy story. I would have beaten that crazy bitch's head in with a hammer. And finding that newspaper after your trip, that's just an insanely CRAZY coincidence!

So how did you all deal with the experience? Was it like chaos at times? Did it all resolve itself? Feel alot better afterwards?

--------------------
:dragon:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4618706 - 09/04/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It was a happy and glowing experience that took a MAJOR turn. I could only concentrate on breathing...that's it. I felt myself slipping away, and the terror of dying was too overwhelming. I could not process one single thought; my body was running on emotion and energy. It was heartbreaking to hear everyone so scared.

I came back though at almost an instant. I realized I'd be cool and I'd witnessed something special. It felt awesome to talk with everyone and see how bad we all got it. We laughed in the end, but I wouldn't wish such anxiety on anyone. It just felt WRONG.

Some highlights of the trip:

-After my 15 minutes of being "dead", my friend who had it the worst came over with a frightened look on his face and weeped out, "I think I just bit my lip off!" I know what he meant too, it felt to me as if my whole mouth was coming undone. I laughed though, I found it funny.

-The girl broke out of her weird trance and sang the most beautiful song, in the perfect singing voice. She didn't show a hint of any drug at all when she sang...it was amazing. Then when she was done she passed out again and awoke all loopy and stupid again lol.

-People would mutter random words like skin...blood...rock...wall...blanket. lol it was so strange.

Has anyone felt that feeling I'm talking about? It's like you can't think of ANYTHING...it's a cold trance of silence and peace, yet it's almost too terrifying to deal with. It's like you stuck somewhere trying to get out but you don't know what "out" is, you don't understand any concept of anything. I think it's rock bottom and I think I slammed into it faster than I should have.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #4618713 - 09/04/05 04:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

newbieshroomie, great report! but the main reason im writing is to ask about that quote:
"Memory is energy! It doesn't disappear - it's still in there. There's a physiological pathway to our earlier consciousnesses. There has to be; and I'm telling you it's in the goddamned limbic system." - Professor Jessup explaining the theory that we have billions of years of memories locked up within our brain.

i would !love! to know where you found that!! im writing up a small theory of mine which is exactly that!

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleDragonaut

#4618715 - 09/04/05 04:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would try to convince that one girl to see a doctor. It sounds like there was something seriously wrong going on inside her head. She might have underlying mental problems.

LOL, I love the random word thing.

I've also had an experience where everything got way too intense, and then it seemed like everything just suddenly stopped in an instant, and I wasn't tripping anymore. There was an afterglow for awhile after I stopped tripping, but no real hallucinations.

Me and a friend ate approximately between 3.5 and 5 grams each. At one point we were in my room watching the Simpsons, with no idea what was happening. Crazy auditory and visual hallucinations coming from the TV. We had to both turn off the lights and lay down. Hehe, we were laying there in the dark for awhile, just talking quietly. Saying things like, "just breathe...concentrate on breathing". I would look over at my digital clock, and all the numbers were chinese symbols that I couldn't understand. :lol: Then, after awhile, my mom came home. She came up into my room and turned on the light, and all of a sudden I wasn't tripping anymore. I gave her a big long hug for that. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: eligal]
    #4618716 - 09/04/05 04:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Watch the movie "Altered States". it's where I heard it. It's an amazing movie on the study of mushrooms under sensory deprivation. It has INSANE effects for a 1980's movie but it made me think about so many things. I believe it too, it would explain the random thoughts and foreign memories that come flooding in.

Edited by Newbie (09/04/05 04:49 AM)

InvisibleDragonaut

#4618717 - 09/04/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's a quote from the movie/novel "Altered States".

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4618719 - 09/04/05 04:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WI_Shroomer_Skater said:
I would try to convince that one girl to see a doctor. It sounds like there was something seriously wrong going on inside her head. She might have underlying mental problems.

This girl is a very good friend who is caring, kind, loving, and has a very strong mind, and a strong sense of self. She has done acid with me before, and loved every second of it. She loves to open her mind like that an experice the abnormal. I think she took too much. We got scared and she snapped. I'd never seen her like that and I think that what sent me spiraling into panic. I dunno...it was weird but its over and she's back, and I couldn't be happier.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #4618720 - 09/04/05 04:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hmm, will check it out. my theory floats around the idea of the big bang, saying it continuously happens and that we live our lives thousands of times. if youre interested i can send it to you one day, but its no where clsoe to finished... i still gotta do alot of research, make sure everything fits.
thanx for the movie title, will check.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4618721 - 09/04/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, I love to hear people's ideas. Nobody is right or wrong, but it's great to hear theories that make sense and make you think.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4618729 - 09/04/05 05:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Would anyone be able to point me to some decent reading on the subject of exactly what is happening during these stages of a trip? I tried Erowid but it's too scientific, I need a down to earth explanation. I think it will help me if I ever get there again to know I'm safe so I can enjoy the silence and visuals, not be afraid of them.

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
    #4618748 - 09/04/05 05:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You probably should have spent more time with her going over the profound effect psychedelics have on the minds senses of reality.

During and after my first trip I thought "I can see why these drugs are illegal... and they should be". I still think they should be illegal, but I don't think people should get jail sentances for them.

If I were to ever introduce a psychedelic to someone else I would make sure they study it seriously for months before they actually try it.

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
    #4618771 - 09/04/05 06:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's why I 'shroom alone, dude. People can be unpredictable.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: drloomis82]
    #4619277 - 09/04/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^ good point.

newbies are so 50/50 with shrooms. if they are fuckin emotionally torn, the trip will be so bad for them and in return bring all the other trippers down too. ive had my share of 3 bad trips and my friends hate having me around when i trip bad because they say all i do is bring there trip down.

oh well, shrooms are fun.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4619377 - 09/04/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

id hate to see that girl on pcp

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4619435 - 09/04/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Check out The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. by Timothy Leary and Ralph Metzner

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: The most terrifying experience of my life. (long) [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4619638 - 09/04/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I sat everyone down and had a Q and A session about anything they were concerned about before the trip. I told them mushrooms can get mean, but its all in your head and you just need to calm down. Even when they were freaking out, I walked into it all and sat down in front of them and put my hands out. I said in the most calming voice, "Everything will be ooookaay, just sit down and breathe. Try to smile, play with something. You're going to come back...it's only been 3 hours."

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4621232 - 09/04/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

She told me today that she has stage 1 bipolar disorder. She DEFINITELY did not tell me that or I wouldn't have let her even smell the mushrooms. I found the source of the primal rage guys lol.

InvisibleDragonaut

#4621360 - 09/05/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Who called it? :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4621382 - 09/05/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Crazy. Well I don't think smoking all that weed helped. More than 1 bowl and shrooms, things probobly got very confusing esp for newbs (esp. with mental problems).

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder