Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHypnotic
Fuck bad trips man....
    #461748 - 11/17/01 10:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Had my first bad trip last night, it fucking sucked. At
frist I was just like "I'm not having a bad trip wtf". Then
it just turned into hell. I kept seeing this ugly aass
creature that kept making noises. Everyone in the car
turned into an ugly creature. Also we were baking the car
out with 3 blunts, every time I inhaled, I saw a meter that
kept raising and it felt like I was going to explode. I was
ready to kill myself if that shit kept goingg. We were in a
dark field and everyone was quiet cause we were baking. It
just really fucked with me and scared the hell out of me. I
can't even explain the feeling it gave me, it felt like a
billions small tiny needles were stabbing me all over. I
need to slow down, I've just started using
hollucinagens(SP_ aand I've tripped 4 times in 2 weeks. Is
that why I had the bad trip?

--------------------
I said no to drugs, they just wouldn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsy_trek
Stranger
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... *DELETED* [Re: Hypnotic]
    #461769 - 11/17/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by psy_trek

Reason for deletion: Old

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Hypnotic]
    #461772 - 11/17/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like slowing down would be a good idea! take a while to let what you have seen sink in, think over what happened - not just the "bad" trip but the other 3 before that....I wouldn't bother asking "why" you had that bad trip, how can you possibly work out what caused you to see people as ugly monsters?

I've never had a bad trip, nor will I ever unless I start doing stupid things and taking strong hallucinogens into shockingly bad situations. The most important thing for me is to remain relaxed. relaxing my body and breathing has the effect of "letting go" and whatever might be looking dangerous or whatever stressful situation or conversation might be going on just becomes insignificant....i usually end up laughing at my own stupidity. I've seen many people go through an entire trip always feeling like there's something they have to do or somewhere they need to go or they need a drink, or a cigarette, or a cone, or to go somewhere...you know? trapped in the never-ending thought spiral that can turn negative or self-abusive any second.

learning to relax and just watch things as they go by can be difficult, but as far as i know it's the only way to deal with stressful trips, well for me it's the only way to deal with life in general....if you don't learn to relax you will have more bad trips, and bad trips can drive you insane!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Traveller]
    #462005 - 11/18/01 06:44 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

great advice - its weird how you often feel that when tripping - especially on acid - that 'if i just go into "that" room' or 'if i just go down the park' everything will be better, etc...I think its like constantly chasing your tale or trying to control - in a normal way - an uncontrollable and abnormal situation

--------------------

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #463153 - 11/19/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, like you're running about trying to escape from or change something, ie. your own head in other words! - relaxation & breathing brings attention back to the body so you can help relax your mind...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #463371 - 11/19/01 12:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Damn right when you thought you new it all.........

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Adom]
    #464314 - 11/20/01 08:12 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ive seen that signature on FF... Arent you the guy who argued with me about the alcohol swabs??

--------------------

InvisibleNDK
    #465365 - 11/21/01 06:47 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You keep taking trips your're gonna have a bad one eventually and in my experience anyone who tells you they can turn a proper bad trip around is a liar! Sure you can turn a few dodgy feelings around or cope with a downer but a full blown bad trip is hard to shift.

IMO the best you can do is to relax like people say and try to avoid an actual panic attack - reduce the anxiety but you really just have to sit it out. I think "well thank fuck this isn't acid - I'd have another fucking 10 hours of this shit otherwise!" heh heh.

The trick is to avoid them in the first place. for me this involves not taking them too often, not smoking weed during the trip (gets me everytime), being with cool people, setting the frame of the trip so that it's not just about "getting whacked".

I'm not growing or taking shrooms at the moment as my last trip went kinda weird at the end and I realised my life was too immersed into drugs in general. Pretty useful trip really but I didn't think so at the time!

OfflineSpiralMix
journeyman
Loc: California
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: NDK]
    #465452 - 11/21/01 09:22 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Actually I had a very extreme bad acid trip and was able to turn it around.. so don't start calling people liars.

It started when I took about 3 hits of acid and I run into a crashed automobile... I see about 2 people dead there just sitting.. one with its head almost hanging off crashed through the window. You can imagine the horrors I would experience within the next 2 hours.. seeing red blood painted everywehre with deformed faces screamming in horror all over the trees, floors, walls..everywhere! Ugh.. ahh...

It turned our pretty good because I sat there in a meditative position for about 30 mins balancing myself energetically... awsome experience! Made me 100x stronger! Fearless of death!

--------------------
Reflecting ourselves through Unity to escape the claws of Duality and become the
creator that experiences creation.

InvisibleNDK
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: SpiralMix]
    #466399 - 11/22/01 04:52 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Don't get too hung up on a turn of phrase mate.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: SpiralMix]
    #466454 - 11/22/01 06:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit! You are a shaman to have held your arse under those circumstances!! I humbly show you respect and add you too my list of people that make interesting posts...

--------------------

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
    #467202 - 11/23/01 01:09 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yes I agree! I've had only one bad trip (on shrooms), and before that I had though t it was impossible for it to happen to me. BUt I was trapped 'til the end. I can't possibly imagine being able to turn that shit around. I was trapped in one of those "thought spirals" like you guys were saying; I was freaking out because I thought I had to do "something" but I couldn't figure out what it was, adn I was freaking out cuz I realized my parents could come home any minute. But that was muy own fault fo r being stupid about the setting. But that's nothing compared to getting in an accident with dead people and shit! But I do feel that my bad trip was a valuable experience although I'm not even sure what I learned from it.....I had never thought anything like that to be possible. But I would actually like to have another bad trip sometime, just to see if I could turn it around.

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Typingwords]
    #467232 - 11/23/01 02:05 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

this all reminds me, for some odd reason, on shrooms (even on full eighth doses) i tend to just stumble around a lot and say Im Bored for no reason, as if I should be doing something but there is "nothing" to do.  actually I also say this when I AM having fun, so i dunno, it's just a bad habit i guess.  cigarettes cure the problem :smile:

common day rationality, unfortunately, cannot always help on trips as those of you who have done high doses understand that a person who has just pieced together the entire world, piece by piece, on a trip, and then it shatters again for them, you understand that the concept of "it'll end in a few hours" just doesn't mean shit.  even on a half-eighth of shrooms, i was convinced the cops were waiting outside my house to bust me.  on a full eighth of cyanescens, sound no longer truly existed as it was just so foreign that if a person was screaming in my ear I wouldn't have known, or just thought it was something else.  It was around 1am on that trip when I heard the heater in the house which I was fully convinced was a lawnmower that some mexican decided to run at the end of time ... this though process went on until the time time truly stopped, at about 2:12 am (i remember this perfectly, as I kept looking at the clock, getting so excited every time a minute passed by).  Time just was GONE, I still can feel the feeling I had at that point, knowing that time had OFFICIALLY stopped, truly.  It is just weird to think about how such high dose trips can seriously distort time to the point where you believe it has stopped forever, and in fact it really does.  Most of the time, i can tell what the clock says, even on high dose trips, and it is just interesting to stare at a digital clock and notice that it takes fucking forever for ONE minute to pass...this can be scary but it is interesting...however when you notice the clock going backwards THEN you should worry, this has happened to me, but it was just my eyes and my overreactive imagination obviously.

Not to use cliche advice, but seriously, the only thing that you can do during a bad trip is go with the flow...yes this can be very hard, almost impossible, but once you do you may not necessarily have a great trip but you will at least be calmed.  has anybody ever noticed that after dosing, for the first hour you feel quite tense and things seem more powerful than DURING the peak...? sometimes this happens to me, and I realize all it was was psychosomatic thoughts, which made me believe everything was a lot harsher than it really was, and i just ease into the trip and enjoy myself

InvisibleNDK
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: HB]
    #467416 - 11/23/01 08:25 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I reckon that's a question with no end - what's psychosomatic and what isn't when yer on shooms!! :-)

I've had that time distortion thing after doing c. 150 british shrooms. In the end I had to get a clock out and watch the hands move to see what a second was but predictably it didn't help cos what the fuck is a second anyway?!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: NDK]
    #467536 - 11/23/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

heh exactly

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: HB]
    #469313 - 11/25/01 02:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

On bad trips you SHOULD go with the flow... but when you can and the bad trip suddenly stops i don't really know if you can call it a bad trip..... it's more an bad feeling etc...
I look at it like a bad trip begins with worrying etc... BUT it only Stops when the trip ends...  it's like a bad trip is an unescapable loop untill the trip is over...or at it's end... i've had a time where the trip was even more infinitly deep than a normal "infinitly deep" trip... cause i couldn't escape the Automatic Loop... i wasn't even worrying/freaking out it was just A STRUGGLE...and it was ALWAYS there and would always be and always had been...i couldn't Even think about escaping it cause i couldn't think i just felt the "struggle".....it was VERY VERY VERY intense... amazing!!!
:smile:

Edited by justthiz (11/25/01 02:56 PM)

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #470800 - 11/27/01 01:10 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Um no.

Offlinejimmyvengeance
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: psy_trek]
    #474709 - 11/30/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You're dead right about that one. Trips with unpleasant elements are very much a part of the overall experience. Most people, I think, wouldn't want to erase every negative thought in their normal psyche, would they? No, because you need those bad experiences to counterbalance the good, and to give them context. When you're tripping, the same rule applies, but the stakes are considerably higher: The good feelings are better, the bad feelings are worse. The trick, I think, is to keep your head about you when you feel unpleasant things happening during a trip. Remind yourself of what's going on (ie, the standard "I've taken a drug, etc."), and make sure you don't start believing your bad hallucinations. Once you've regained control over yourself and are out of the immediate panic, you can examine the bad emotions, maybe making some sense of them. Tripping, for better or worse, is no more all fun and games than the rest of life.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Adom]
    #475360 - 11/30/01 09:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have absolutely no idea what your reply to me is about

--------------------

Anonymous

#943425 - 10/08/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I guess its just the way different people can handle it. It really depends on the person whether they will be able to handle a bad trip, kinda like depression, your advice helps, but its so different for each person it has to be discovered internally.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck