Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing
    #4616894 - 09/03/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

MJShroomer (Is that the REAL mushroom john? If so, thanks for the spore-hunting!) posted about War and how he was tired of it. I totally agree, but I'm not against killing per se. Their are times when you need to defend yourself against an aggressor. For those of you opposed to the Iraq oil-hunting expedition, when would you accept using US troops to kill others? When would you kill another?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4616923 - 09/03/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Considering the world attitude that we have created that is a tough question. A hitler style military is something that has to be prevented. But in 99% of all cases I would say only to use military force to protect our homeland from a direct attack. Soldiers never leaving our soil. Just because another country has some problems doesn't mean we need to drop bombs and send troops. One country cannot be the worlds police.

We have created such an atmosphere around the world that war is almost unavoidible in the majority of public mindset. Though I am not apart of that majority. I think if we held our leaders accountable for the war crimes they have commited that would be an exellent start to showing the world we want to work peacefully with them. But since that is never going to happen the rest of the world is never going to believe that we really intend to do what we say. Since all we do is lie over and over. Can't make friends like that.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing [Re: Sycronica]
    #4616930 - 09/03/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^^^ i agree with what you said ^^^^

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4616937 - 09/03/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i fully supported afganistan after sept11. i did buy that it was totally committed by muslim extremists then...maybe it was. anyway yeah id say afganistan was needed. somalia helping the starving folks was the right thing to do. i didnt mind airstriking bosnia when the serbs were trying to commit genocide. as long as there is actually a good reason behind the action. other then lets say oil, or a personal family vendetta against an enemy leader.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4616965 - 09/03/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Self-defense.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing [Re: Redstorm]
    #4616986 - 09/03/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I support warfare and killing when it is necessary. Necessity is not clearly defined, and never will be, but it is the fact of our existence and to sway from it in the name of a philosophical flavor of the week is dangerous and foolish.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4617019 - 09/03/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When warfare and killing will not only help those doing the deeds, but when it is also noticeably beneficial for the survival or expansion of that side. This happens in war, but war is not the only time these criteria are met.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Under what ocnditions would you support warfare / killing [Re: Ravus]
    #4617029 - 09/03/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So expanding our lands would fit that model?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4617048 - 09/03/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If the profit gained from the expansion overcame the problems caused, including the warfare, killing and energy and time expended, then yes.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4617058 - 09/03/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So taking over Iraq, Iran, Saudi and Venezula would be ok?

--------------------

David Lane

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4617064 - 09/03/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I doubt it. The negatives from such an invasion would be monumental; we'd have dead troops, hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, terrorists to deal with, etc.

Most of the time, war does not fit my criteria, and we end up losing a lot more than we gain. Both the Iraq War and the Vietnam War are pretty good examples.

--------------------

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4617067 - 09/03/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

And massive amounts of oil. We'd just fence in the oil fields and let everything else go.

--------------------

David Lane

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

#4617096 - 09/03/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
Their are times when you need to defend yourself against an aggressor. For those of you opposed to the Iraq oil-hunting expedition, when would you accept using US troops to kill others? When would you kill another?

i would say i personally would never kill another unless i was trapped in the heat of the moment and facing life or death. that would come as more of a fight or flight response we all have wired in. i would never put myself in the position of having that option though. although that doesn't mean that situation doesn't find me. i would never say it was justified for anyone to kill except for the purpose of defense. defense isn't traditionally defined as preemptive or unprovoked attacks (Iraq), but it seems the view of self defense is all in the eye of the beholder.

say our country did turn in to a war zone and we were given only a few choices, what would i do then?
stay and fight?
wait it out and do nothing?
or just flee?

i would select the flee option. there is always a way out, most usually off the beaten path. i am not one for fighting or dying, let others kill themselves and revert to caveman mentality in a third world cesspool ( New Orleans), i would rather stick it out somewhere else where i can continue as i always have.
i have no problem leaving everything behind and living in the land like Buddha until the smoke clears. it would be much better to live in peace happily then it would to fight.

i guess it is as the wheel of life represents. escaping the circle...
i guess i am off point though..
i would not kill.. i would try to find a way out first.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract