Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina
    #4615674 - 09/03/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Friday, September 2nd, 2005
Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2005-09-02

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxXXX

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4615729 - 09/03/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like Michael Moores Documentary Bowling for Columbine but since 9/11 he is just an idiot.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4615735 - 09/03/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like how he calls him Mr. Bush. I wish that would catch on.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4615745 - 09/03/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it would be great if the whole country where unpatriotic pussies.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4615772 - 09/03/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

awesome i must say.

MM has no stoping him lol.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
    #4615775 - 09/03/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and what are you doing for this country "Mr Patriotic" *cough cough*
That is I mean besides posting of drug themed message boards defending you nobel commander in chief?

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: blu3]
    #4615783 - 09/03/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im patriotic. I have a flag sticker on my car.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4615787 - 09/03/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blu3 said:
and what are you doing for this country "Mr Patriotic" *cough cough*
That is I mean besides posting of drug themed message boards defending you nobel commander in chief?

Defending the President is by definition patriotic. So im doing more than you.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4615809 - 09/03/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

By that definition every republican was nonpatriotic from 1992-2000. Your definition of patriotism sounds like something Britney Spears would think.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4615812 - 09/03/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4615817 - 09/03/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

How is defending The President the definition of patriotism? What if, hypothetically of course, the President was ruining the US? Wouldn't it be more patriotic to criticize him/her?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

#4615830 - 09/03/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Here's what I believe. I believe that the great city of New Orleans will rise again and be a greater city of New Orleans. (Applause.) I believe the town where I used to come from, Houston, Texas, to enjoy myself -- occasionally too much -- (laughter) -- will be that very same town, that it will be a better place to come to. That's what I believe."
-- George W. Bush

ok.. I'll admit!! I'm not bush fan, he's my president.. I didn't vote for that.. but I lost.
I still think I can voice opinions without being dubbed "unpatriotic".
I'm living im Houston right now so I'm witnessing first hand the devastation that Katrina has done to LA. and it's population. They aren't bullshitting when the media is telling stories of people walking to Houston with New born babies in their arms that haven't eaten in 3 days. Or massive amounts of bodies lieing in the streets.
Bush launches massive attacks in other countries... we even help more for sunami victims but he can't send enough people down south to make sure that a NEWBORN CAN GET FOOD!?!? WTF? There's something wrong with that. Man, these people that are dieing are not strangers. They are you and ME.. they speak the same language we do, they live in the same country, and rely on the same president.
So, excuse me that I'm not rushing to Mr. bushes defense when I've been seeing hungry, dirty, and dieing people everyday on T.V. and spending my time with them at night. You come down here and volunteer some of your time and look in the eyes of an american who has lost everything they've ever worked for with no hope of ever getting it back, an american who had to wait 3 days on roof for someone to help them, an american who lost their wife or husband or child and YOU tell THEM Bush is a great guy and if doing everything he can. When they didn't see a single fucking helicopter or national guardsmen.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4615832 - 09/03/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hell I didn't like slick willy but I didn't disrespect him like you guys do Bush. I looked at President Clinton as that the President. But don't forget Bush hasn't yet used the military to murder hundreds of American citizens like Clinton did in Waco.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: Learyfan]
    #4615841 - 09/03/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Because he's fighting in Iraq to protect our freedoms.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4615846 - 09/03/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blu3 said:
"Here's what I believe. I believe that the great city of New Orleans will rise again and be a greater city of New Orleans. (Applause.) I believe the town where I used to come from, Houston, Texas, to enjoy myself -- occasionally too much -- (laughter) -- will be that very same town, that it will be a better place to come to. That's what I believe."
-- George W. Bush

ok.. I'll admit!! I'm not bush fan, he's my president.. I didn't vote for that.. but I lost.
I still think I can voice opinions without being dubbed "unpatriotic".
I'm living im Houston right now so I'm witnessing first hand the devastation that Katrina has done to LA. and it's population. They aren't bullshitting when the media is telling stories of people walking to Houston with New born babies in their arms that haven't eaten in 3 days. Or massive amounts of bodies lieing in the streets.
Bush launches massive attacks in other countries... we even help more for sunami victims but he can't send enough people down south to make sure that a NEWBORN CAN GET FOOD!?!? WTF? There's something wrong with that. Man, these people that are dieing are not strangers. They are you and ME.. they speak the same language we do, they live in the same country, and rely on the same president.
So, excuse me that I'm not rushing to Mr. bushes defense when I've been seeing hungry, dirty, and dieing people everyday on T.V. and spending my time with them at night. You come down here and volunteer some of your time and look in the eyes of an american who has lost everything they've ever worked for with no hope of ever getting it back, an american who had to wait 3 days on roof for someone to help them, an american who lost their wife or husband or child and YOU tell THEM Bush is a great guy and if doing everything he can. When they didn't see a single fucking helicopter or national guardsmen.

Like I said before Bush didn't make the Disaster happen nature did. There are plenty of troops here to aid the victims. But if you have ever had to deal with anything Gov. related either right or left it takes TIME. They never do anything fast. No matter who in the gov. your dealing with. Bush has no control over the response time. Actually as of right now there is a massive air lift and the rest of the people at the super dome and those suffering in NO will be in houston or other cities.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina [Re: bukkake]
    #4615850 - 09/03/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Because he's fighting in Iraq to protect our freedoms.

Maybe not your freedoms but your interests.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4615852 - 09/03/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I did not vote for him and he is definitely not my president.

mj

I love my country but fuck the government. They are suppose to govern but they rule.

He who has the gold = Rules.

Bottom line. IT is there government, the politicians who mostly all use to be prosecuting attorneys and or other lawyers. Why else are we so fucked that they can give billions of our tax dolalrs away to every country in theo world and not give the same to millions of Americans who need new schools, better education, safe neighborhood s and schools to go to and better health care and quit feeding these large corpotrations with tax writeoffs, etc.

Governments suck. They are not my god or my parents and I will be damned it they can tell me what I can or cannot do.

They only take care of theirselves.

not us. Yweah give all our money away to their friends. Shit, the people in the countries all of that aid money goes to never get it. It s used to support their represive governments.

And Israel will probably get us allo blown to bits with their 2000 yer old war witht he palitininas and muslims anyway./

have a shroomy day. I am off to se Asia inthemorning for shroom adventures in far away jungles and rice paddies.

bye for now,

mj

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4615869 - 09/03/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Hell I didn't like slick willy but I didn't disrespect him like you guys do Bush. I looked at President Clinton as that the President. But don't forget Bush hasn't yet used the military to murder hundreds of American citizens like Clinton did in Waco.

I'm pretty sure that blind adherence to the word of the president
is the LAST thing that would ever be called patriotism in america.

Secondly, you don't seem to have ANY grasp of what actually
happened at Waco, so it's probably smarter for you to just
not try to wield those falsehoods in an argument. You'll just
wind up looking silly and without credibility.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4615870 - 09/03/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Man, Michael Moore is Jesus Christ in the flesh.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

#4615878 - 09/03/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I never meant to imply that bush wanted this hurrican to happen. I just don't think people who aren't seeing this first hand realize how bad it is. Our basic goal is to evacuate 80% of new orleans and its surrounding subdivision.
When you walk around the astrodome or arena people are holding up signs with peoples names looking for family that could very well be dead.... but we wouldnt know that because noone has even started collecting the dead.
Its hot down here... and these bodies are just laying in the street... not a pretty picture. Imagine one of those bodies could be your grandmother.

I do know that some national guard got there pretty quickly so I don't buy all this red tape crap.. I mean he is our commander-in-chief. What I think may have happened is that he didn't think it was goinig to be "that bad" which later on in a press conference he'll call "bad intelligence" (stole that :smile: )  which is why he didn't pull troops from iraq eariler. Becuase I do know that yesterday he was order about 1,000 troops home from iraq to help with this distaster.
So yes.. he is doing the best he can do NOW, but I think it would have been best to send the order in the evening of the storm.
My mom and I watched it all night and we knew.. just from the news reports that it was going to be a really bad one.

oh well.. what ya gonna do ?? what's done it done and now all we can do is try to make everything ok for our fellow countrymen.
hm..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder