Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

I like my ego
    #4614396 - 09/02/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy having my ego, I have no desire to lose it, or even to attempt to weaken it. I do not wish to go into some fourth dimensional fantasy land, or transcend this reality. I do not wish to meet up in some collective consciousness where everything is perfectly peaceful. If some aliens do come and try to get us to transcend our reality or something, not only will I not agree, I will try and convince other people not to take part in this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: I like my ego [Re: TheCow]
    #4614408 - 09/02/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd take the aliens out with a shotgun.

Good for you anyway, I agree with everything stated. True individuals don't follow ancient myths started by primitive peasants or starving hermits, but thinking for yourself isn't a common trait in spirituality. People accept the old myths, trying to see them in new lights, without ever stopping to think that the myths themselves may be completely wrong.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #4614470 - 09/02/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheCow said:
If some aliens do come and try to get us to transcend our reality or something, not only will I not agree, I will try and convince other people not to take part in this.

I'd ignore your terrified pleas and encourage others to do the same.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4614498 - 09/02/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like my ego too. It's a great tool "medium" for creating in 3-D.

At the same time, those places you think are myths Ravus are very real and people are there. They tell you about it and ask you to come join them. You don't have too.

It's easy to get too. The door way is in your heart. Just open it and your there.

You can go back and forth as much as you want to. Your freedom, your choice. I do and can. That's why sometimes you hear me speaking from different angles.

Why do people think it has to be one or the other.? I like going back and forth. 3-D linear ville helps me to appreciate multidimensional ville when it starts getting toooo easy going there and it is.

3-D linear ville is like going slumming or trekking through dank dark swamps. Quit a scary adventure and challenge to navigate your way through them safely.

When your through the door, it's very peaceful and joyful. Everything is well and you have your way guided for you and are always safe and warm and cared for. There's so much love there. the further you go the further you become overwhelmed by it and can barely handle it and want to shout for joy in joy. It's awesome.

It's easy to come back into 3-D linearville. Just create a problem or find one someone else is bitching about and take seriously and close in on it, make it matter to you and down you drop. When you've had enough, lighten up, let go, open up and it feels like being a helium balloon. (make that nitrous balloon) he he.

I'm glad we have choices and options and the freedom to use them regarding "where we are" while we are here. It's so cool.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4614648 - 09/02/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It is impossible to lose the ego unless we stop all interaction with the outside world and become hermits. What can be done is modification to the ego. The rough edges can be sanded down, and one can learn to live in harmony with their fellow humans as well as nature. I also must say that the first post in this series attacked what they thought was a Buddhist doctrine from a position of ignorance. I suggest that this person read http://www.lamayeshe.com/lamayeshe/pssm/pssm.pdf for a good overview on this philosophy.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4614683 - 09/02/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheCow said:
I do not wish to meet up in some collective consciousness where everything is perfectly peaceful.

Perfectly peaceful = impeccably unchallenging
I enjoy overcoming the challenges life throws at me... sometimes even failing to overcome a challenge can be rewarding. It gives me a sense of achievement, which I feel is essential to my happiness. Absolute Peace is depressing.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4614743 - 09/02/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

define it all you want, its still an infinity and you're part of it

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I like my ego [Re: faslimy]
    #4614793 - 09/02/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All perceptions are valid.
Acceptance of this unlimited diversity is the smoothest path for me

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: I like my ego [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4615151 - 09/03/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I like my ego too. It's a great tool "medium" for creating in 3-D.

At the same time, those places you think are myths Ravus are very real and people are there. They tell you about it and ask you to come join them. You don't have too.

It's easy to get too. The door way is in your heart. Just open it and your there.

You can go back and forth as much as you want to. Your freedom, your choice. I do and can. That's why sometimes you hear me speaking from different angles.

Why do people think it has to be one or the other.? I like going back and forth. 3-D linear ville helps me to appreciate multidimensional ville when it starts getting toooo easy going there and it is.

3-D linear ville is like going slumming or trekking through dank dark swamps. Quit a scary adventure and challenge to navigate your way through them safely.

When your through the door, it's very peaceful and joyful. Everything is well and you have your way guided for you and are always safe and warm and cared for. There's so much love there. the further you go the further you become overwhelmed by it and can barely handle it and want to shout for joy in joy. It's awesome.

It's easy to come back into 3-D linearville. Just create a problem or find one someone else is bitching about and take seriously and close in on it, make it matter to you and down you drop. When you've had enough, lighten up, let go, open up and it feels like being a helium balloon. (make that nitrous balloon) he he.

I'm glad we have choices and options and the freedom to use them regarding "where we are" while we are here. It's so cool.

So what are you saying is that having no problems or not caring about someone elses problems puts you in a more enlightened state? (Discreet charm of the bourgeosie.) It must be nice to either be that uncaring, that well off, or that constantly stoned to neither care about your friends problems, or your own problems.
I would agree with the subduing of our ego's, theres no need to have an ego-maniac, but this supposed ego-loss I hear talked about for so long, is deffinatley not what I am after. I enjoy hearing other peoples ideas or inputs on matters, their interpretations, my own insecurities, shortcomings, and strengths. This 4-d reality doesnt intrigue me at all, zombies walking around proclaiming their love for me. Id maybe make it 5 seconds in there, until the first person said anything to me, then instantly I'd be back here, presumably bringing them along with me.

OfflineDeviate
    #4615176 - 09/03/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Good for you anyway, I agree with everything stated. True individuals don't follow ancient myths started by primitive peasants or starving hermits, but thinking for yourself isn't a common trait in spirituality."

i dissagree completely. i believe thinking for yourself is spirituality. not being sucked down by the mass consciousness.

" People accept the old myths, trying to see them in new lights, without ever stopping to think that the myths themselves may be completely wrong. "

speak for yourself. do you honestly thing i am stupid enough to have not considered these "myths" may be completely wrong? did buddha not say:

" Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

i started on the spiritual path with absolutely no teachings, no myths and a completely scientific and materialistic outlook on life. i consulted spiritual teachings later on as a result of my own personal experiences and conclusions and because i found they provided beautiful descriptions of the states of consciousness i was/am experiencing as well as powerful insight into how to maintain them. they are not meant to represent absolute truth, they are meant to help people learn to discern truth for themselves.

Edited by Deviate (09/03/05 01:38 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4615186 - 09/03/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I never liked the term ego loss because of it's negative connotation on the ego.. I prefer to think of the ego as a major tool for facilitating life lessons and of course it is pretty much necessary to experience material reality, so you might as well work with it while you are physical. Also there are 2 or more 'sides' to 4D reality and just as many millions of facets of experience. We are all just on our own personal paths of evolution.. and the perceptions you want to have are your own. The beauty of free will is that you decide how to experience your reality.

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: I like my ego [Re: Deviate]
    #4615189 - 09/03/05 01:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Eh I personally feel spirituality is just a lot of :whatever:.  I cant see any benefit to it, except to sedate people.  And what I mean by sedate people, is that it gives them morals they might not otherwise hold.  Mostly that applies to religions. But for spirituality in the shroomery sense, I honestly cant see any benefit to it.  I think sedating still applies, but it is more people meditating to find some sort of inner peace.  Or for them to feel as if they have no use for problems, or that they belong to something great.  I see a lot of, I am spiritualy higher then you, I am more loving then you, I am more peaceful then you, I am more knowing then you, I am more (generic spiritual term here) then you.  Once again I cant find any good use for it.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615190 - 09/03/05 01:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am well enough off, because of the inner guidance I talked about.

Look at my ratings to find out about how much regular S&pers know I care about people. Ask S&Pers.

I speak here repeatedly about how assinine I think this idea of ego loss is.

What I did say is that I am empowered enough to not let life take me in and down. I choose to go there and I can choose to leave there. I also said, I choose to drop down a lot for the challenge. I talk about it here all of the time. Ask regulars. I keep wondering where it is people think they are going where challenges cease to exist for good. I keep telling people thats how the soul spoils and rots.
You wouldn't know that because you pop in here to shred on spiritual or religious types and leave.

What I am saying is that it is possible to have the best of both worlds working for you at the same time. If you have a problem with that, then , you have a problem. Yet le der you do and you posted about it too.

Being able to drop and rise at will works for me quite well!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4615200 - 09/03/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I am well enough off, because of the inner guidance I talked about.

Look at my ratings to find out about how much regular S&pers know I care about people. Ask S&Pers.

I speak here repeatedly about how assinine I think this idea of ego loss is.

What I did say is that I am empowered enough to not let life take me in and down. I choose to go there and I can choose to leave there. I also said, I choose to drop down a lot for the challenge. I talk about it here all of the time. Ask regulars. I keep wondering where it is people think they are going where challenges cease to exist for good. I keep telling people thats how the soul spoils and rots.
You wouldn't know that because you pop in here to shred on spiritual or religious types and leave.

What I am saying is that it is possible to have the best of both worlds working for you at the same time. If you have a problem with that, then , you have a problem. Yet le der you do and you posted about it too.

Being able to drop and rise at will works for me quite well!

Well it is true that I seem to pop in here comment and leave, I cant argue with that. I was merely responding to your last post, where you said that having a problem or letting your friends problem get to you, puts you back into the 3-d world. And to this I had to comment on, as from what you made it sound like, everyone who isnt well off financially is in serious trouble. Can a poor African get to the 4-d world toiling in some horrible job? Is the only requirement to get into 4-d that we are at complete peace? If that is so meet me there tonight in about 30 minutes, I will be at complete peace.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615207 - 09/03/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and Cow, my ego thinks you're an S&P troll. I say that with great care about concern for your need to troll here. If you think spirituality is :whatever:, why do you come here? Read the forum rules. We are suppose to have respect for others beliefs. Talk to us about it Cow. Whats going on? :flowers:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615216 - 09/03/05 01:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just caught your last reply.

ANY body can shift worlds by openning their heart to the love that is. It's not about money. The money came after I learned to open to self love and stopped punishing myself with guilt and feelings of non deservance.

I didn't say I don't let my friends problems get me down. I said I can drop to relate to them when I want to and I can lift myself again in the process of offering them lift.

Maybe you should quit making rash judgements to create false arguments that hold no bearing on actuality and start asking questions to understand people better. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4615224 - 09/03/05 01:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
We are suppose to have respect for others beliefs.

What if someone believes that lynching a 13-year-old negro because he talked to a white woman is a rational eugenic choice, morally correct, and the duty of White men everywhere? We already had a discussion about quietism, and nobody seemed to agree with it. I don't see why acceptance of other beliefs should be part of a forum specifically created for debating beliefs.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4615225 - 09/03/05 01:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Let people be spiritual if they want.. unless it's hurting you in some way then say something.

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4615228 - 09/03/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
If you think spirituality is :whatever:, why do you come here?

I'm here for the Philosophy  :wink:.
Oh I see so you bring yourself down to their level, then raise yourself and them back up.  I never came off as mean or offensive, if I have please point it out and I will apologize for specific sentences that I have made.  I dislike the smug elitist attitude of a lot of people on this board, do you think I come off that way?  Do I call you a troll?  Maybe if I made it to the fourth dimension I could understand the love you show.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I like my ego [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4615229 - 09/03/05 02:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
I don't see why acceptance of other beliefs should be part of a forum specifically created for debating beliefs.

This forum was created for discussing beliefs, not debating them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order