Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers!
    #4614995 - 09/03/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why is it such a taboo topic in this forum?

Right now, post what you are thinking and feeling. If your feelings or perspective on it changes tomorrow, then post those. It's normal to have an admixture of feelings and looks on it and for them to change but none the less, we are feeling and thinking on it. It helps to relate.

As the starting poster of this thread, I want to establish a rule for it. That rule is, NO telling anyone why they are WRONG or RIGHT to think or feel a certain way. Just let posts go up to be read and related to and learned from.

Can we handle that, one post without judgment?

I'll start. I was in shock mode when I saw that thing in the gulf about to hit the coast. Then I went into anger when I read people at the pub taking it lightly and wanting to stay and be there. After wards, there was more shock and mostly now, anger for all of the stupid choices people made. If not that, it's grief for the children most of all who had no options other then where there parents put them.

I know its important for my health to experience all of this and I will move into peace and acceptance with it when the time comes. I'm not there now, honestly. I could go there and I know I will soon and then, I'll have something different to share and I will.

Oh, and I have another reason for why its been a quiet topic here that I didn't mention in swamis accident post in reply to Jellric, who inspired this. Many S&P ers are sensitives and frankly, for a sensitive this is too overwhelming and they have to distance themselves from it for their own emotional survival.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4615032 - 09/03/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, Jiggy sweety, I totally see where you're coming from. But I think the reason that it may appear as if it's a "taboo" topic in this forum, is simply because very few people in S&P are living in Florida. So since they aren't really involved, they may feel more emotionally detached from the situation in comparison to those Florida/Southern State residents such as yourself. Plus, hurricane season is a semi-regularly scheduled event by Mother Nature, and hell, after last years insane 3-4 hurricanes-in-one-month incident, things may tend to pale in comparison thereafter. Not that any hurricane is ever going to be a picnic of course, but you get the idea.

To follow your requests, right now I am thinking about the unfortunate fate of those who face the wrath of the hurricane. I know it isn't cotton candy and lemonade over there. Casualties, damages and deaths in many forms and shapes have arose and may continue to do so. Mother Nature - she sure can be a bitch sometimes.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4615054 - 09/03/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing your reason why you think it's been undiscussed here. Jellric wondered why in swamis accident post. I think there are many reasons why and you added one I didn't think of. I wasn't in it. It's paradise here in Tampa. We still have gas under 3 bucks.
Definetly, location distance plays a role. I'm that way with Iraq and I've never been in a war. I understand what your saying.

I wrote in my Jellric post that unless you've been in one, you just don't know. When you come out of it like Jell just did where things are okay and normal, you wonder why people are happy carrying on with other things. You wonder if they know or care. How can they really though and why should they. The closest they can do is imagine it. Why should they care is a good question.

I think another reason is that many S&Pers like to come here and approach life from a positive, humorous place. How can one approach Katrina from that place and not come across totally insensitive?

Maybe by not posting, it's their way of showing their sensitivity.

Thanks much for sharing Skorp! :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4615095 - 09/03/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This should not be happening in America. The snails pace of response, while not surprising, is deeply dissapointing to me. After I left the coast and came up north to bring my mother who needs medical attention, I got to watch some of the tv coverage. I saw the Homeland Security director give a nice self-congratulatory speech on how great his agency is doing. His agency isn't doing shit compared to what is needed to be done. This is all politics and photo ops while people are dying!! I'm thinking to myself, "What planet is this man from??" He doesn't get it, and most of the government officials don't get it and that is annoying.

I don't have a hell of a lot of time to criticize. I want to get something done. Action, not words is needed. I ran a shelter in south Mississippi with my girlfriend and for 80% of the time it was just her and me helping over 150 people who had sought refuge from the storm. We had an elderly lady in there who lived across the street from the church where the shelter was located. She is 91 years old and her son is supposedly a minister. She became disoriented after the storm and was wondering who all these people are running around in what she thought was her kitchen.

She speaks highly of her son who won't let anyone help her and won't put her in a home. She has alzheimers or some form of dementia and lives alone. Her son will threaten to sue anyone who tries to help her.
He doesn't give a damn for her, he is just waiting for her to die so he can collect his inheritance. Once this thing dies down I am going to write a letter to his church to let everyone know what a selfish fraud is in their midst. It took every Jedi mind trick in my book to get that poor lady calmed down.

That's what this type of situation does. It brings out people's true natures. And unfortunately, too many people only care about themselves. Other people are left to pick up the broken pieces of their lives.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: Jellric]
    #4615138 - 09/03/05 01:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing Jell! :heart:

You reminded me of something else I didn't mention. I was really dissapointed and frustrated with FEMA. The Director needs to find a new day job. He's not cut out for that one, AT ALL. Thats what I let myself get angry about the most. It's good for me. It reminds me that I have to keep covering my own ass and I do the best I can foresee to. It reafirms why I encourage others to cover their own asses.

That goes in hand with why I like to talk about self empowerment and inner guidance for foresight a lot here.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4615144 - 09/03/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It doesn't really bother or surprise me in any way. We're all humans, whether we live in New Orleans or Indonesia, and eventually we'll all die in massive quantities.

The looting doesn't surprise me either, or the general mayhem.

Overall, the only thing that I would be surprised by is if they decided not to rebuild in the same spot. My prediction is that they'll reinforce the structures keeping the water out and simply rebuild the city until the next hurricane strikes. Homo sapiens are, on the whole, a persistently stupid species.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4615157 - 09/03/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

too many people only care about themselves

why do you think this is?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4615159 - 09/03/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

These kind of people seem to get these kind of jobs due not to their skills in this area, but their political connections. That Homeland Security director, Michael Chertoff, is the one who annoyed me the most because of his smug, self-congratulatory speech while people were literally dying on the streets whose last thoughts were, "Where is the help from my fellow man? I've been forgotten."

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615168 - 09/03/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing Ravus. :heart:

I hear ya Jell!

Everyone, look out for your brothers and sisters around you because Big brother isn't. You guys have no idea whats going to happen to the $10,000,000,000 Bush allocated for relief. Many undeserving pockets will be heartily lined. Don't think FEMA has peoples needs covered. Please donate to a reputable charity.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4615210 - 09/03/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

None of it really surprised me either. I kind of expected something like this. I also expect the disasters to increase. New Orleans is really unique. But you sort of have to expect things like this to happen with 6 billion not united people on a small planet. And a city built 8 feet below sea level on a coast in a hurricane area is eventually gonna get blasted according to the laws of the universe/physics. I feel sympathy for those whose lives and homes were destroyed by nature's fury. But she's pissed. And shit happens, and that usually brings change. Change is generally perceived to be good.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: Shroomism]
    #4615222 - 09/03/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing shroomism. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4615233 - 09/03/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

While I'm at it..since you brought it up.. one thing that does bother me about this specific forum is how people preach Oneness...oh how they love Oneness!.. but when their brother or sister who happens to be physically located in a different state from themselves, or who is from a different economic class from themselves, suddenly Oneness goes out the freakin window.

So much for Oneness. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4615275 - 09/03/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It saddens me that Americans didn't band together to help them. After 9/11 I remember how SOMETHING happened, some power outage or something, and noone looted. It just felt like we had been cemented together as a nation again. United we stand et al. I was hoping that a disaster like this would be a chance to show off how we are working together, helping each other out. It's great the help thats being done, but the fact that some people are looting just makes me sad about our current state of affairs. Could you imagine people looting like that fifty years ago?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615280 - 09/03/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I started typing a post on that Monday morning and scraped it, still not sure why.

Oneness means we are connected to those suffering. Being at one with all is how atonement is achieved......at-one-ment. Just as much as we can be feeling with the suffering, we can also be feeling with those who are not. That creates a pull up, a place for the suffering to go, like through energetic pathways in the grid. Blah blah I really don't think people care much here myself more then to give it passing glances and those who do are already doing on some level in some capacity.

I'm not saying anyone has to care or should. Indeed for all the oneness, compassion and unity talk that goes on here, I was expecting more posts on it.:shrugs:

Keep posting as it comes. I encourage everyone to keep posting their thoughts and feelings on katrina and why it's gotten next to no press here in S&P. Spill your guts. you can have a change of mind or heart about it tommorow and post again from a new place. I think people like reading this stuff because sometimes it helps people sort through their own mixed thoughts and feelings.

Thats healthy as it's a path to clarity.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

#4615448 - 09/03/05 04:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

also , you could defer from the lack of discussion about katrina that most people realize talking about the hurricane in a forum will do little to nothing to help those suffering from its wake.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #4615499 - 09/03/05 04:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think there is both...the ones, that are affected, have much much to do....the others are overwhelmed with the happenings and their minds are still occupied to handle that...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisibledorkus
Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! *DELETED* [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4615643 - 09/03/05 07:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615937 - 09/03/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everyone who has shared here :heart: It means a lot to me.

It's healthy for us to get stuff off of our chest who are watching and feeling helpless and frustrated wanting more help for those people then we alone can give. Best not to stuff that stuff.

MORE SO, for the shroomery members who have friends and families down there they haven't heard from yet. They are in hell right now not knowing if their family is alive or dead, trapped and still waiting to be rescued or evacuated, stuck somewhere without food and water.

We also have shroomerites stuck in there we havn't heard from yet.

Then they come here looking for support and find, that most shroomerites just don't care. Any idea whats it's like for them to see so much jovial ongoings when our nation is faces the largest disaster it has experienced?

This death toll will be at least equivalent to 9/11 with the wide spread damage in a whole nother league. remember how it was all people talked about and how much people pulled together to make sense of it for each other? That's not happening here and I don;t understand.

Zero7 posted in the pub days back that his family was down on the Mississippi coast line. We've now seen the pictures of the Mississippi coast line. It's demolished 1-2 miles in.

How is it that I was the only one of 1,000 plus members here that replied to him? Where was the shroomery for him? What are we? we talk about community and .......I think the shroomery is slow to respond as well, to members who need to see we care and are here for them.

More are popping up that care in this post and bless your souls for letting others know. That alone will mean alot to someone right now still waiting for word or someone who needs help sorting through their own thoughts and feelings by hearing others.

Please keep posting on it. It's helping others who are reading, believe me it is.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/03/05 11:21 AM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: dorkus]
    #4616091 - 09/03/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dr_mandelbrot said:
I think we must acknowledge that many hundreds of thousands starve to death every day. Roger Waters' record "Amused to Death" comes to mind.

... "because she died on tv."

I haven't seen the news in weeks though.

True mandelbrot. What makes the starving and suffering here even more of a discgrace on human kind is that we have shitloads of food and water within one hundred miles of these people and also have the capability to put trinkets on mars. It shouldn' be happening anywhere, and especially not here in the U.S.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4616257 - 09/03/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I thought of another reason for why people may be taking this as if its not really happening. Maybe watching so many Hollywood disaster films that are not real have desensitized people. Now that the real deal is on the tele, people are self automated to respond to the horrific images and reports like they do to staged Hollywood scripts with paid actors-desensitized to it. Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4616314 - 09/03/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think the human experience really applies most when we are affected by it. When a disaster happens hundreds and hundreds of miles away, when I haven't seen anyone from New Orleans, and when the only effect many Americans feel from it is at the gas pumps, it's almost hard to relate. If they had actually lived down there, there's no doubt these same people would completely relate and be saddened, but otherwise people almost need to make themselves care by continuously following the news and donating without actually knowing what's happening or even knowing any of the affected people. In that sense it does become like a Hollywood movie.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: Ravus]
    #4616413 - 09/03/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Ravus. Watching the news does bring you in closer. I realise many here don't watch it and that some don't have televisions.

I'm listening to stuff now on it and all becomes so overwhelming that it's just not a match for normal reality and can easily be put off in the same category as Hollywood fiction , unless like you said, you are right there seeing it with your own eyes.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4616538 - 09/03/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm mystified by things before, during and after this particular storm.
Why would a city situated a fathom below sea level not have replaced earthen levees decades ago with a shorter version of Hoover dam?

We invaded Normandy Beach on D-Day in 1944 with amphibious vehicles - are there no such troop-carriers in our armories to ferry people to dry land where a tent-city can be set up like it was after Hurricane Andrew in '92?

The people shown in the news are for the most part an underclass - primarily Black - stereotypical in appearance in numerous cases: grinning, grilled up, pants-falling-down looters, morbidly obese women, young women with six (6)! children in tow. These videos are not selective portrayals, they are the population that couldn't get it together to leave town or were too poor, too strung out, too old and infirm or unhealthy. On top of that, they are grievously stressed, irritable to enraged and the psychopathic among their numbers are raping and killing and shooting at anything that moves.

I am horrified by the catastrophe, the ocean of shit and garbage, suffocating heat and stench, fear of dysentery, typhoid, hepatitis, etc., hordes of insects attracted to decaying fish, drowned animals and humans... BUT, I am also disgusted by it all - including the people (God forgive me). If I am disgusted, and I can generally transcend/forgive all kinds of people even for personal affronts, then I can make the leap that the powers that be are even more put off. Hell, low-life with stolen guns are sniping at rescuers! Others are chanting angry slogans! Of course normal people with normal sensibilites (as opposed to saintly sensibilities) are going to drag their feet a bit. I've just received an e mail from the National Board of Certfied Counselors asking for crisis counselors. The Red Cross is waiving their required credential for Disaster Assistance Counseling, but I'm afraid that I'm not made of the same stuff as Mother Teresa.

So, I'm conflicted. I've been feeling horrible about this disaster. The downed tree in my yard has assumed the meaning of a symbol for me - trees are Trees of Life. Iguanas are coming out of it, lizards, squirrels too - looking for new homes - a visible reminder of the homeless humans, many of whom seem to be living the lives of mere mammals, some like rabid mammals. GOD doesn't like Biloxi casinos, but GOD didn't take out the French Quarter and its Hoodoo community. How come? Or again, natural selection in progress. Or both.

I wouldn't want to see animals trapped in a fetid swamp of shit and garbage, but the mayor of New Orleans hasn't left his comfortable Baton Rouge sanctuary. He's obviously no Rudy Julianni. Baby Bush arranges to hug a couple of cute, clean, slender African-American girls on camera, not a grossly obese, sweat-drenched woman, or the woman with the overflowing colostomy bag who had to be hosed down. But I'm not asking for a miracle, just some common decency and a stop to the political posturing, political cowardice (like the mayor). How about some TRUTH for a change?! Oh No - that would be THE Revolution - TRUTH in charge.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4616541 - 09/03/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have been here more in the past week or so to get my mind off of the deaths that have occurred in my family in the last 2 weeks (non-related to Katrina)....

I don't watch a lot of TV, but the little bits I have seen about what is going on down south are pretty horrific.... Of course, most of what I have seen is the "bad side" of human nature.... The looting, all of the people stuck at the stadium, and last night the political finger pointing game seems to have begun....

I don't think you can relate 9/11 to this tragedy.... That was in a business sector, there were not a whole lot of wounded, no homeless, and there was definitely someone to blame....

Don't know what else to add, I am kind of emotionally stunned/numbed at this moment of my life....

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4616590 - 09/03/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Tom Cat! Who passed on in your family? You have more close concerns right now to deal with, I'm surprised you have anything left to care for the suffering of these others. Bless you heart. :heart: PM me if you feel like it.

Thanks for sharing that Markos. I too have used the word disgusted a lot in this past week. I've been on a judgmental tirade with FEMA's lack of competence and agreeing that those hindering aid and relief efforts should be shot dead. As a tax paying citizen of the US for the last 23 years now, i feel like I have a right too pissed with FEMA. What do those guys during off times while getting pay checks? play dominoes?

I know I'll get around to forgiving myself and all of them soon enough to make peace with it for myself , but right now, I feel like being disgusted with a lot of what I am seeing happening here in the U.S.

Will your school let you go to help out? I hear Florida is going to run into a problem with busing kids to school anyway next week. the news said they only had enough diesel fuel left to run for two more days.

Let us know if you decide to go. If I didn't have my daughter to take care of, I would've packed up and headed out for there on Tuesday to do what I could hands on. I'm sending in cash and cloths and stuff for now.

This sucks!

Thanks for sharing and caring guys! :heart:

I'd hate to think I share this world or forum with cold distant people.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4616600 - 09/03/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I feel compassion for the everyone in New Orleans right now. 

But for some reason I don't feel too sad or upset about the entire thing.  I will do what I can to help, but I don't feel much emotion about the hurricane and what happened.  :confused:

I feel that things are going to unwind as they will.  Really, feeling upset about New Orleans will not change a thing.  Now we have to focus on making things better for survivors down there, giving them a ray of hope after their catastrophic loss. 

I heard something about over 50,000 dead once it's all said and done.  Do you honestly want to know what I thought when I heard that?  I thought, "I wonder how this will effect global consciousness."  I am curious about the world changes that will occur because of the hurricane and the massive loss of life. 

Speaking of loss of life... it's hard for me to mourn for people.  I don't see the point.  I'd rather save my energy for those still alive and struggling to rebuild.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: MOTH]
    #4616614 - 09/03/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing that Ellemy. :heart: We need to hear all perspectives. I've wondered those things too.

Getting pissed is what gets me to start digging through my closets and asking my neighbors too look for more to send. A church up the street is gathering stuff to drive in.

It is my motivation to help. Mind you, I've had the news on 24/7.

Something in me needs to feel what these people are feeling. I'll make sense of why later. At the same time, I know better then to charge and amplify negativity yet, it seems to be the only thing moving people right now into action. I do take breaks to uplift to create more maps for people to follow up and out in the grid and to charge the field with love. I am doing that when I'm alone in meditation.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: Ravus]
    #4617455 - 09/03/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Overall, the only thing that I would be surprised by is if they decided not to rebuild in the same spot. My prediction is that they'll reinforce the structures keeping the water out and simply rebuild the city until the next hurricane strikes. Homo sapiens are, on the whole, a persistently stupid species.

EXACTLY!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#4618603 - 09/04/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The continued absence of the lovey-dovey "Oneness", "Web of Life" crowd has been duly noted. If all life is truly interconnected then what happens in New Orleans and Mississippi affects us all. But as has been pointed out before, one's sore thumb seems more important than the genocide of millions of people across the globe. And all of us are probably guilty of it to a certain extent.

If the New Age crowd actually walked their talk you might not see so much apathy in regards to this situation. But they are mostly dreamers who dream beautiful dreams.. but will not work to give life to those dreams. I see many of them who hold forth here in elaborately worded speeches designed to display their divine wisdom, but they are conspicuously missing in threads where there is any danger of real action being required. Duly noted.

Thanks again, jiggy for starting this thread. It allowed me to vent and get over my frustration in a few short hours. Now I can go south again with renewed energy! If the power ever comes on down there I will try to post updates for you, jiggy. I do know the phones are working sporadically. It's going to be hot as hell down there,  but I think a cool front is working its way down which should cut the humidity a bit. Have a good week, jiggy!  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Spill your guts out on Katrina already S&Pers! [Re: Bamaman]
    #4618607 - 09/04/05 02:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

One last thing.

I also must note that I have not seen anyone who is suggesting that New Orleans not be rebuilt due to its precarious situation prescribing the same thing for the state of California.

Earthquakes, you know.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4618621 - 09/04/05 02:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Death is a part of life. Natural disasters are natural.

Disaster prone areas are especially dangerous to live in during these times.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder