Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: I like my ego [Re: Shroomism]
    #4615230 - 09/03/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Bah! Thats no fun!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I like my ego [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4615241 - 09/03/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

debate just occurs naturally from discussions where different parties have opposing viewpoints. it's all about perspective. that's why we are here.. to experience life and have different perspectives on it.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: I like my ego [Re: TheCow]
    #4615243 - 09/03/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow. Why can't people distinguish between moderate ego-training [call it spiritual excercising, if you will] and spiritual self-mutilation? Ego transcendance is actually good for you [decreasing risk of interpersonal and intrapersonal confliction, suffering, delusional thought and lowering that high blood cholestrol for starters] in MODERATION. Pathologizing the ego [or any sort of pathological dichotomization] is never a good thing, but keeping in touch with your real nature which is beyond egoic consciousness is not going to diminish your quality of life.

Some people don't understand moderation in anything. Whether it be eating [yes, you can stray every once in a while, live a little], social life, drinking, fat loss, etc., moderation will always be the silver bullet.

I suppose this requires rational thinking and most people prefer to only see things in black and white.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: I like my ego [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4615246 - 09/03/05 02:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Moderation is best in moderation.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I like my ego [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4615249 - 09/03/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

excess in excess can be harmful

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4615251 - 09/03/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You were honest enough to say in another post a few weeks back that you come here looking for stuff to shred on. Thats being a troll.

Then you say here that spirituality is :whatever: to you. Thats trolling considering you are in the spirituality forum.

A troll is an ego persona. You said you loved your ego and what it brings to you. We get what we ask for. Egos great. realise, it comes in many costumes. You can change out of a troll costume and put on another if you don't like it. If you do, then what i said shouldn't bother you.

With every ego costume change, people will respond to you differently. Try them out and see which you like the best. Some bring better results in situations then others so have a closte full and change as the situation calls for.

Who better to catch on your hook then Jiggy. I can turn into light and pass right through.:lol:

Seriously dude, you need to chill if you think people who have found ways that work and come here to share them are automatically people who put themselves above others in an inequitable sense.

Maybe some do. Look at my avatar dude. Thats what I think we all look like with our ego costumes and bio-body space suits off. ALL THE SAME. I think we all have access to the all that is. If some choose to experience lack, why should I make myself feel less then to make them feel more comfortable with that choice?

It's not going to happen.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: I like my ego [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4615257 - 09/03/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand why you're ragging on TheCow. He's been completely polite while expressing his opinions. Doesn't seem trollish at all.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615261 - 09/03/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Cow,

I also want to say that I fully welcome you here anyway. I hope you come back more.

Some of the spiritual nonsense discussed here is about how the only person who can make you feel inferoir is yourself.

If you find yourself thinking someone thinks they are better then you, then, somewhere, you are cutting yourself short. Think about that. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615314 - 09/03/05 02:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I also want to ask you to consider that feeling inferior to others is an ego state. If you think people think they are above you, you must be feeling below them. There's no other way to experience that.

You said you loved your ego. If "egoless elitists" bother you, maybe you don't love your current ego costume. You can change it.

If you can also move into a place of being humble and make friends with the cosmic joker and laugh at all the ego games that make it appear as if we are separate and give us the experience of being separate you'll be in more joy and laughter. The joke is, we are not. :rofl2: :toast: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615332 - 09/03/05 02:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

One more then I'm off to bed.

I'm aware that an "egoless elitest" is an oxy moron and posted on that before too. To say you have no ego is a self definition. Self definitions are hopw egos are created in the first place.

The cosmic joke cracks me up. How can you just not laugh that stuff off Cow? It's funny!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4615341 - 09/03/05 02:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Let me state that this is S&P. I am here for the P. I think the S is just P except people take S to be truth. I have stated that I am here to debunk spirituality, but I said in a scientific sense. If people try to back up their stuff with science, I will see if they are using it correctly, if I feel they arent, I will comment on it. If I think something is physically impossible, I will say why. I enjoy doing that.
You claim I am a troll, but I cannot see how, unless you truly believe that a troll is someone with an ego. I have merely commented on what I thought were odd points about what you were saying. Can you not take that I might not believe what you say, or that I might even find it silly?
One does not have to feel beneath someone to think they are an elitist. Would you not agree that Hitler thought he was above you? And if so does that mean you admit to being beneath Hitler?
I will continue posting here, and frankly will keep pointing out things I find odd in what you say. I am the old man in a bar who listens to random peoples conversations and drunkedly comments on it to them.
I will have to continue this tommorrow, as since my last post I have gotten too stoned to accurately get my ideas down.
Edit: Ha I didnt mean to use the age-ol Hitler reference, I am just too intoxicated to have thought of a better person. I am leaving it in here for hillarity sake.

Edited by TheCow (09/03/05 02:55 AM)

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#4615345 - 09/03/05 02:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I find the universe hillarious. I love every new scientific discovery that comes out which gives us more knowledge about the place we live. I will one day hopefully take part in that. What I dont do is just invent stuff with no backing.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4615973 - 09/03/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The thing is Cow, people who are posting "silly" and "unbelievable" stuff for the most part are not asking you to take it seriously or to believe it. They are sharing it for others who can relate, like comparing notes in class only these are notes about the class of living as spirit embodying form.

It's okay with most of them if you find it silly and unbelievable. It is with me. I put everything to my own challenges and tests and everyone should as well as use discernment.

What is so scientific about the Ego you posted about anyway? What is so unscientific about ego transcendence?

Just as you may think spiritualists don't understand or abuse scientific terms, spiritualists see how much you don't understand, misuse and abuse spiritual terms. Ego transcendence doesn't mean a loss of it.

It just means that you made the shift from it controlling you to you becoming empowered over it and can use it where as it use to use you. People transcending it have shifted into a place of being the observer and the observed. The observer sees the ego for what it is...a tool for identifying our self and for self expression when we interact with others. They know they are playing roles and can shift them at will.

They can also obliterate it at will with a massive dose of humility when they just want to be nothing and everything all at once.

Why shouldn't they share that experience with others who are working on it? Why does it have to mean they think they are the elite? Should they stop all work to make those not working on it more comfortable?

Well, post like yours get people talking and sharing and more comes out. It's all good cow.

The ego to me is funny. It's like being at a Halloween party and checking out the costumes everyone crafted for themselves at home. It's cool to see how creative humans are with self expression and the roles they invent to identify with others. :hug:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/03/05 11:18 AM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: I like my ego [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4616412 - 09/03/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wow. Why can't people distinguish between moderate ego-training [call it spiritual excercising, if you will] and spiritual self-mutilation? Ego transcendance is actually good for you [decreasing risk of interpersonal and intrapersonal confliction, suffering, delusional thought and lowering that high blood cholestrol for starters] in MODERATION.

You state this as if it's truth, so it's not straying to ask for evidence. I seriously doubt the people who live to 100+ years experience ego loss in the spiritual sense; many of the spiritual people seem to die at the normal age, get the normal health problems, and overall still be normal people. I don't see evidence for anything good about ego loss "even in MODERATION".

Quote:

Pathologizing the ego [or any sort of pathological dichotomization] is never a good thing, but keeping in touch with your real nature which is beyond egoic consciousness is not going to diminish your quality of life.

What is the real nature? How do you know there's a nature beyond egoic consciousness? Perhaps this nature is simply also a part of the ego, and that's why people who talk about this nature often seem so defensive and arrogant. People who claim to know something spiritual are often just digging these weeds out of their ego and claiming them to be from another planet.

Quote:

Some people don't understand moderation in anything. Whether it be eating [yes, you can stray every once in a while, live a little], social life, drinking, fat loss, etc., moderation will always be the silver bullet.

Unless the topic being discussed doesn't really have any benefits, even in moderation.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: I like my ego [Re: Ravus]
    #4616443 - 09/03/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What is the real nature? How do you know there's a nature beyond egoic consciousness? Perhaps this nature is simply also a part of the ego, and that's why people who talk about this nature often seem so defensive and arrogant. People who claim to know something spiritual are often just digging these weeds out of their ego and claiming them to be from another planet.

Of course I want Skorp to answer that question for himself.

I would just like to give my own answer to it for anyone following this.

When people move into that place they are not typing at the shroomery. To communicate with others requires coming through the ego. From that place, a LOT gets lost in translation and can and does easily appear to be other things. The defensive you experience for the other, may be frustration for not being able to translate and be understood such states of being.

And lets get honest. When people shift in and out of ego, they can experience the difference between the two. They will report things like it feeling like you are floating, like you are looking at the world from a perspective up on the mouatin tops, or that it feels very good to be feel separated like we do in an ego mode.

Sure, that can easily be misunderstood as coming across as arrogant.
How does one communicate those states without using words like "higher" or better?

The state is experienced that way, it doesn't mean the people think they are higher or better then other people though.

They are just saying they see from a high up perspective when they pull out and back into the observer and feel better. Thats all.

I'm glad we are communicating about this as mutual understandings may develop about how it looks from the other guys view. maybe some people here who like to discuss will become more mindful not to word things in a way that may isolate others.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDeviate
    #4616544 - 09/03/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"You state this as if it's truth, so it's not straying to ask for evidence. I seriously doubt the people who live to 100+ years experience ego loss in the spiritual sense; many of the spiritual people seem to die at the normal age, get the normal health problems, and overall still be normal people. I don't see evidence for anything good about ego loss "even in MODERATION".
"

my life is evidence. when i was dominated by my ego i was very unhappy. i was failing school, i had a lot of difficulty socializing and relating to others and simly did not enjoy life. all this changed when i learned i could transcend and change my identity.

"What is the real nature? How do you know there's a nature beyond egoic consciousness? Perhaps this nature is simply also a part of the ego, and that's why people who talk about this nature often seem so defensive and arrogant. People who claim to know something spiritual are often just digging these weeds out of their ego and claiming them to be from another planet.
"

you know it is your real nature because it continues to exist even once you have removed all tha that can be removed. it is simply the pure consciousness. you say perhaps it is part of the ego. what do you mean by this? if realizing it leads to bliss apart from sensory pleasure what does it matter what it is exactly? its obviously different from normal egoic consciousness.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: I like my ego [Re: Deviate]
    #4616595 - 09/03/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I state it as MY truth. If it's not yours or yours doesn't relate somehow, then pass it on by. How can I prove what states of conscious awareness I experience to you or anyone. Not only can I not, I don't have a need to either. Like I said, those who discuss it do for and with the others who relate and their own experiences are all the proof they need.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4616618 - 09/03/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4616638 - 09/03/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So you believe truth to be subjective?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I like my ego [Re: Ravus]
    #4616647 - 09/03/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Personal truth IS subjective.
The ultimate truth is objective. But we are subjective beings.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder