Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Anyone using Nuendo? Need help multi track recording.
    #4614291 - 09/02/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

any music makers out there using Steinberg Nuendo (1 or 2)? I am having trouble recording like a multi track recorder. i figured it should be able to do so. i have read through the instructions and searched and searched, but cant seem to find a topic telling me anything. I am trying to record in Nuendo version 1 or 2 like a could in a multi track recorder.
i would like to be able to record one track, then as i am playing back that first recorded track i would be able to record a backing track at the same time. i am able to do that in a way. i am able to record one track, then playback that track and record what i am playing, but it records into a single track. i can not edit and adjust each individual track that way. i want that first recorded track to be more in a monitor role not actually recorded, that way the second track is the only thing recorded. that way i can sync everything up perfectly and be able to adjust each individual track.

if you need me to be more clear (sorry I'm not a pro and don't know the tech speak for all of this..yet), just let me know.

if it helps to know my setup....
i use a microkorg with the audio running into a Digitech RP100 (by 1/4" cable), which runs (by 1/4" cable) into a Boss RBF-10 flanger (yeah 80's baby. The Boss runs (by RCA cable) into my Sound Blaster Live 5.1. I have Kawai K1, which i hardly use and is about to be traded in. The MicroKorg is also my main midi controller.

As far as software goes....
I use Reason 2.5 for synth sounds along with Absynth 1.3. I have fruity loops, but laugh at it and wonder why i even have it on my hard drive. I have Sound Forge 5.0, but i prefer to use Goldwav 5.08. I have Nuendo and Nuendo 2, i prefer to use Nuendo.

If you can be of any help or point me in the right direction please help. I also have questions on how to get reason to properly do MIDI out. i can get the MIDI in to work, but when i try to either record what i am playing on the keyboard (midi info not the audio), or play the matrix sequencer and make it use the MicroKorg's sounds i just get silence.. any help would be much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone using Nuendo? Need help multi track recording. [Re: clone]
    #4616017 - 09/03/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i guess not then. :frown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media