Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreeFalling
Who's been herebefore me?
What an Experience
    #3774354 - 02/13/05 01:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think i'm slowly coming to terms with myself that, maybe, just maybe good ol' Mary Jane is trying to show me something. Listen to this experience, from what I can remember.

I showed up at my friends house around seven, long story short, he made plans with some girls, pulled out the pipe and me and him took a few hits. I took two and rested a minute ( I rarely rarely smoke ). Another friend came by and he took a few hits, and then gave me two more. We headed out.

We drove into Boston and I was getting a bad feeling, not wanting to ruin my friends night I went along with what he wanted to do. We met up with the girls, and parked the cars at the train station. I knew it was a bad idea from the beginning because I was wayyyy out there. Anyway, we begin walking through the train station, everyone was staring and it was freezing outside. The whole time I could hear this song playing [Danzel - Pump It Up] don't know if it was in my head or not. Regardless we moved along, waiting for the train was just as akward, people stared and moved weird.

Well we got on the train and this was -NOT- a fun experience. Everyone was looking at me, as if they knew I was not in a good state of mind. There were all sorts of noises and music, loud music that would fade in and out as the train sped up and slowed down. The conductor kept coming oer in the intercom and saying things. Everyone on the train sang Happy Birthday to someone and it just tripped me out. I kept hearing people saying "I remember the first time I was like this..." and things along those lines. Which began to get me paranoid, did my friends slip me something? I dont know now.

So many people moving closer to me, and the music coming and going I was about to lose it, and then our stop came. I quickly got off the train with friends and wanted to go back to the car but nobody wanted to. So I continued.

We began walking through Boston, and if anyone here's ever been there they know what its like at night. Hundreds of people, thousands of cars, millions of lights, complete chaos. Well we began walking and I was getting really paranoid and aggrivated. The horns the lights everything was crazy. It got tot he point where I wouldnt walk anymore and I stopped refusing to go any further. I called my girlfriend and she said she would come pick me up, I was little relieved hearing this.

So we turned around and headed toward and landmark, a Virgin Record store. Standing on the stairs there were speakers outside playing music from the store and it was this weird futuristic mechanical factory sound almost, only way I can describe it. And It seemed like people would pause and everything around me would stop and then start up again to the music here and there. It was crazy. The cars even all holted for a second and then kept moving like someone pushed a pause button on a TV. I was losing it. People around me were giving me ultra bad vibes and I thought I Was going to have to kill someone to survive.

Does anyone else have experiences like this when they strictly smoke? I don't know if I'm supposed to stop or what.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: What an Experience [Re: FreeFalling]
    #3774600 - 02/13/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You were going to kill someone? YOU PSYCHOTIC FUCK!!

Heh, nah paranoia is normal. The choice to stop smoking is yours and yours alone, if it is too much for you then you may feel the need to stop. These feelings subside the more often you smoke, but then again you may be one of the few who just don't agree with it. Try it again for evaluation purposes.

Borg.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlineshotty
Stranger
Re: What an Experience [Re: BorgFace]
    #4613933 - 09/02/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, that sounds pretty insane. I've been pretty damn high before, and have experienced my share of paranoia, but nothing like that.

If it was really that bad, yeah, no worries. But if you think there was anything redeeming about the experience, try it at least one more time. Invite one close friend over, or your gf if she smokes, and find something you really enjoy, like a good comedy or your favorite cd. Also get some of your favorite food, whether that's ordering out or cooking something. Remember that eating something will bring your high down a bit. Plus, it tastes good as hell, but I'm sure you already know that.

Invisiblemarvoman
Re: What an Experience [Re: shotty]
    #4613974 - 09/02/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I get that kind of paranoia pretty much all the time. I prefer to smoke at home where I feel safe, I never ever go out stoned because I know I'll just be really paranoid about everything.

OfflineZymotical
Stranger
Re: What an Experience [Re: marvoman]
    #4614091 - 09/02/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i have been constantly stoned for almost 4 months now and for the first few months i was paranoid as hell i have had some nice CEVs on the stuff and a few times some mild OEMs but when youre high just stick to things you are used to doing go places you know its good to just stay in a nice safe rut for me when im high then again the other stuff you do is all sugar in the tea or cream in the coffee whatever floats your boat wow im really bored....

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: What an Experience [Re: Zymotical]
    #4615012 - 09/03/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, getting really stoned can be pretty unpleasant, even without other people around.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: What an Experience [Re: FreeFalling]
    #4615202 - 09/03/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely I've experienced the same thing. That's one of the reasons I don't smoke anymore. I CAN'T be out in public when I'm high. I have anxiety problems, particularly social anxiety, and if I'm baked around people, I feel like everyone is staring at me, talking about me, laughing at me, and then I get the "fight-or-flight" response associated with a panic attack, which is basically: Run or kill.

I feel like I just want to burst out of my own skin. I need to get OUT OF THERE, NOW. I'm being threatened. "Don't you FUCKING LOOK AT ME!!!" A couple good friends of mine are total stoners, and the pot obviously relaxes them. That kind of pisses me off. I wish they could spend an hour in the state of mind that I get into when I'm high.

Anyways, different drugs affect different people in different ways. Unless I'm in the exact right situation, in the exact right state of mind, pot just isn't for me (though I did used to smoke it all the time in the beginning). Your reaction is not so crazy. Just think about the consequences of taking a particular drug before you just dive in.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What an Experience [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4615468 - 09/03/05 04:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

when i smoke pot i go into an incredibly intense state of mind,i feel as if im witnessing the subtle interconnectivity of all things,how the very slightest nuances of voice and movement and environmental elements influence the behaviour/thoughts of myself and others.
before i used to voice theory after theory of this strange new science i was experiencing,it would piss my friends off because they just wanted to talk about tv shows or music or whatever such thing,i was always tripping out of my mind though.
they hardly ever could believe or understand my ideas,so id become very paranoid that i was becoming psychotic,entering a world of my own delusion.
there were some times id be so high it felt as though something was tearing through my consciousness,a huge thunderstorm in my brain,id go through rapid transitions of complete mental changes whilst an insane inner dialogue would be raving and analysing everything to an absurd extent,counter analysis of the counter analysis of the analysis,introspective spiralling
these times would be more intense in a way than any of my psychedelic experiences,yet as the drug wore off id pretty much forget everything,and just be left in a tired state of mind,sluggishly debating what the fuck went on.
i cant smoke the stuff anymore

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: What an Experience [Re: krin]
    #4615892 - 09/03/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well man, lemme put it to you this way. I generally smoke for the relaxation and the thought-provoking. But if I have to go out to public places, be it with friends or not, i like to smoke cause people reeeeeaally get to me. If I haven't smoked and let's say a friend and I go to Home Depot, I sometimes will start freaking out and finish up whatever I got to do to get out of there as quickly as possible.

But what finally settled me down was this: I realized...almost everyone you come into contact with either smokes regularly, semi-regularly, or has before. NO ONE CARES ABOUT MARIJUANA except the White House, and myabe some far out narcs. As long as you aren't driving, or if you are and you're under control/better at it then sober, then you ain't got shit to worry about. Keep on toking!

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: What an Experience [Re: demiu5]
    #4617236 - 09/03/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
...But what finally settled me down was this:  I realized...almost everyone you come into contact with either smokes regularly, semi-regularly, or has before.  NO ONE CARES ABOUT MARIJUANA except the White House, and myabe some far out narcs.  As long as you aren't driving, or if you are and you're under control/better at it then sober, then you ain't got shit to worry about.  Keep on toking!

:thumbup: :gethigh:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineSpanielmander
Stranger thanfiction
 User Gallery
Loc: PA/NYC
Re: What an Experience [Re: demiu5]
    #4618543 - 09/04/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can (and do) smoke before playing tennis, doing data entry at work, giving presentations, taking finals (at NYU), and driving great distances, suffering no ill effects.

I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse - I wish I could get to some of the places some of you are describing here.

I think a lot of it is mind over Mary. If you believe you can perform at a high level while stoned, you're 90% there. If you believe smoking herb reduces you to a droop-eyed waste, same thing.

Quote:

demius said:
But what finally settled me down was this: I realized...almost everyone you come into contact with either smokes regularly, semi-regularly, or has before. NO ONE CARES ABOUT MARIJUANA except the White House, and myabe some far out narcs. As long as you aren't driving, or if you are and you're under control/better at it then sober, then you ain't got shit to worry about. Keep on toking!

It's a nice thought, but it really REALLY depends where you're from. There are A LOT of people who buy into the propaganda.

--------------------
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
~Stephen Crane

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom