Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Pan Cyan How to
    #4612696 - 09/02/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have four pint jars of pan cyan jamaica fully colonized. I'm not sure what to spawn them to. I'm kinda limited on supplies, I have horse pooh, composted steer manure from wally world and Greensmix mushroom compost (also from wally world). I have verm and perlite, not sure where to get lime or oyster shell for buffering, I live in a very rural area and pooh is easier to get.
Would mixing these be a good combo for pac cyans? It's got just about everything you could imagine in it.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineazurescens
Re: Pan Cyan How to [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4613225 - 09/02/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Use just staight Hpoo or mix it with hpoo and straw. Dont use that steer stuff or mushroom compost=NO GOOD!!!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Pan Cyan How to [Re: azurescens]
    #4625113 - 09/06/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I used about a pound of hpooh and a handful of compost, hydrated it, baked it in the oven in an oven bag til it said 165-170 degrees and kept cooking for another hour at that temp. All the cubes I spawned to it are fully colonized, though they were done about a week ago and the pans were only done two or three days ago.
It smells like it's growing bacteria.
I have two more jars colonized, should I empty one jar on the bottom and mix the other with the casing? I was thinking this might help it colonize faster. I was also thinking of leaving an inch or two in the jars and putting 1/2 inch of 50/50 pooh/verm. on top. and let grow in there.
would pooh and verm be a satisfactory casing layer?

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

#4625134 - 09/06/05 12:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

the mushroom compost has dried poultry waste, wood chips and dust, straw and peat moss. I think the steer stuff would probably be better if I mixed it with straw and hpooh and allowed it to compost for a year or two.
The compost comes from greensmix, who claim it is all organic.
My hpooh comes from a buddys pasture from a fairly young horse, after it was gathered, it was set in my garden to leech for about two months (two or three light to med. rainshowers)
everything was pasteurized at once.
I really want to at least get a print (one fruit) out of all these jars of pans. I'm starting to panic.
What about spawning some berries to equal parts hpooh to colonize faster? anyone ever tried that?

--------------------

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4625146 - 09/06/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

idk, just in teks ive read before it says that since pan cyans are extra fragile that after they are done colonizing they should set an additional week, not just a couple days. the mycelium may be damaged and growing bacteria

im not sure tho

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pan Cyan How to [Re: TheHook]
    #4627029 - 09/06/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Mushroom compost is compost thats already been used for growing mushrooms, it is no good.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4627470 - 09/06/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would use the horse shit if that's what I had or cow shit preferably, just because that's what they grow on naturally. Every tek I've ever read says that manure must be used to get a good flush of descent fruits.

I will very soon be starting a Pan. Cyan grow. I'm just not sure when yet. I stay pretty busy at the moment.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (09/09/05 01:49 AM)

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Pan Cyan How to [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4664420 - 09/15/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well, I spawned to hpooh, and got one container to colonize, at least I think it's colonized, it has the thread-like myc. thoughout and thicker clumps directly around the colonized grains. Looks pretty good, I'm gonna let it go for another few days just to be sure. What should I mix to case with (of the available materials) I am thinking 75% hpooh, 25% verm.
Survey says...?
Also, why would anyone sell used compost? That seems a little rediculous, guess it could be... I know where to find out, though on thier web-site, it shows thier operation to be one of custom soil and compost mixing, not procuring of used mushroom compost for re- resale. I spawned Aussies to it straight, and they're colonizing the casing very, very well. Just MO. It seems a little dense, so there were spots in the sub. that took longer to colonize. Other than that it seems to work well. In fact, I think I'll use 5 or 10% in some other grows to see what kind of effect it has on commonly used subs.

--------------------

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #4664605 - 09/15/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

When you buy a bag of mushroom compost from a garden center it is used compost. Mushrooms have already been grown on it, and they are just selling the spent compost for use on plants in gardens. The stuff is excellent for your plants, but most of the usable nutrition for mushrooms was already used.

It is mushroom compost for plants.

If you spawned to horse poo, you should be fine. Just let it colonize completely and case with PEat:vermiculite at a very thin layer of 1/4 inch or less.

Don't case with manure, becasue that will just cause more vegetative growth and possible contmaination risk.

Lime can help with fighting off fungal competitors in the casing layer. But is not neccessary for the growth of the mushroom. Mushrooms actually favor acidic conditions, but so do Competitor fungi.

The thinner the casing layer, the less problems.

Compost for growing mushrooms can be bought on the internet, but you have to read carefully. Most mushroom compost is spent and for plants.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation