Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
New Orleans - Bush knew
    #4611868 - 09/02/05 12:03 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

New Orleans officials are pissed at Bush for not preparing for the storm and for not helping the relief effort quickly enough.

Louisiana officials step up criticism of relief effort

Quote:

NEW ORLEANS, United States (AFP) - Local officials stepped up their criticism of Washington's response to the killer Hurricane Katrina, branding its failure to speed troops and relief a "national disgrace."

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said he "talked to everybody under the sun," including President George W. Bush, but had little success accelerating the dispatch of troops and buses to his flooded city terrorized by armed gangs.

"They think small. This is a major, major, major deal," he told CNN television. He earlier told a local radio station, "every day we delay, people are dying and they're dying in the hundreds, I'm willing to bet you."

Nagin said he told Bush, who was to visit the disaster zone on Friday, that "his flying over in Air Force One does not do it justice."

"I have been all over this city and I am very frustrated because we are not able to marshall resources and we are outmanned in just about every respect. ... I am pissed."

Administration officials say they are doing their utmost to rush manpower and supplies to help survivors of Katrina, which lashed the US Gulf Coast on Monday, leaving thousands feared dead.

But they said they were hampered by the fetid waters inundating 80 percent of the city which have left tens of thousands of people stranded in squalid, sweltering and increasingly dangerous conditions.

Terry Ebbert, the head of New Orleans' emergency operations, was unimpressed by the explanations offered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other departments.

"This is a national disgrace," he said. "FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control. We can send massive amounts of aid to (Asian) tsunami victims, but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans."

With more than 4,000 National Guardsmen already in New Orleans, US authorities said they expected to have 22,000 on the ground in affected areas of the state of Louisiana by Friday.

But Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco insisted she told Bush earlier in the week that she needed 40,000 federal troops.

"We just did not have enough resources in a timely fashion," the Democrat told CNN. "The ramp-up was not as rapid as we needed."

Amid reports of survivors falling dead in shelters, rotting corpses piling up and gunfights and fistfights erupting, Blanco said situation was ripe for further disaster.

"When your whole network of civilization falls apart, when you have no communications capacity, when you don't have power, you don't have water ... anything can happen. And it has happened," she said.

Bush has been accused of being slow to break off his month-long holiday at his Texas ranch to crank up the federal response to one of the country's worst national disasters.

A poll published Thursday found that 59 percent of Americans felt the federal government was not doing enough to help hurricane victims. Leading US newspapers Friday also blasted the tardy response.

"How could the government have been so unready for a crisis that was so widely predicted," asked The Washington Post.

"The sluggish, initial response ... has embittered and inflamed tens of thousands of people awaiting relief, most of them poor and black and many of them old and sick," the Post said in an editorial.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: Learyfan]
    #4611875 - 09/02/05 12:07 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I bet he let this happen so he can invade God

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: Unagipie]
    #4611888 - 09/02/05 12:13 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

No, it was either because he doesn't give a fuck or because he wanted things to get really bad so that he can "be there for us" in an attempt to recapture his post-9/11 approval ratings.

I still think he'll begin sending earthquake aid to California soon.

--------------------

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

#4611904 - 09/02/05 12:24 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I doubt it. Yea, Iraq is one thing Bush can get blamed for, it's his fuck up. But pointing fingers at him for an act of God is ridiculous. There's absolutely nothing Bush could have done. If Kerry was elected the exact same thing would be happening still in New Orleans.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4611921 - 09/02/05 12:31 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

No one accused him of having control over the hurricane. The relief efforts are so inept I'm beginning to think it's being done purposely. They can't be this fucking idiotic. "Who cares anyway? Just a few poor blacks."

Rice is lying about accepting any aid that might be offered. FEMA is lying about evacuations and improvements, and even the head of FEMA has stated the people stranded are partly to blame. Because, somehow, if you're trapped in a flooded area of New Orleans, at the wrong place and time and you're raped or murdered, part of it is your fault.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: bukkake]
    #4611931 - 09/02/05 12:33 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Where's Jesus when you need him.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4612010 - 09/02/05 01:10 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
No, it was either because he doesn't give a fuck or because he wanted things to get really bad so that he can "be there for us" in an attempt to recapture his post-9/11 approval ratings.

It does look really hokey with a convoy coming into to save the day at the convention side by side with Bush being there now, like he brought in the Calvary.

How dumb does he think people are. Why didn't he come with the convoy 4 days ago?

Even if he thinks people are dumb enough to see him as a hero saving the day today, I think he underestimated this one. He won;t be coming out a hero of Katrina.

The heros are the people who have been there putting themselves in dangers way and giving from there personal resources to save others. There are so many of them.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #4612016 - 09/02/05 01:13 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Unagipie said:
Where's Jesus when you need him.

Apparently telling parents to abuse their children.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=18289#121

Quote:

St. Petersburg, Florida - A mother was arrested Tuesday evening as she and her five children were walking stark naked down the street while carrying Bibles, police said.

"The suspect advised that God told her this morning that she should do this," police said.

Police said they received "multiple calls" and officers who responded to 29th Ave and 15th St North "found the suspect walking with her five children" ranging in age from 5 to 15. None was wearing clothing.

All were taken to police headquarters for questioning. The mother was charged with child abuse and exposure of sexual organs. Police said her children will likely be released to the custody of a relative.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4612028 - 09/02/05 01:19 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
How dumb does he think people are. Why didn't he come with the convoy 4 days ago?

The feds claim they didn't know anyone was at the Convention Center until yesterday. Local authorities say they've been screaming at them to provide aid and evacuations to the people at the CC for days. Hmm...

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: cb9fl]
    #4612088 - 09/02/05 01:31 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Haha. Nakedness is abusive? Crazy bitch tho, still

--------------------

Invisiblehongo
Hmmm

#4612100 - 09/02/05 01:33 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I don?t think bush knew anything of this before, he never listens to anything else but the blubbering sound of oil bubbles. And his special cellular phone ringtone from his friends at the arabic countries.
He?s small and insignificant, this shows it, as many things showed it.
Now the question is: why did you vote him?
Another thing: this was in new orleans, not in texas, why should he care about anyone living in another country?
And the biggest point: he?s a racist.

:shitstorm:We can throw so much shit at him, and we have the right to do it, but it wount help the people in new orleans. We would help the people there, if we all concentrate ourselves on the picture,and meditate, that bush will do anything to help this people, and that he does it. I mean, if we send him negative energy, he woun?t be a better president! That?s the difficult part for us now, to send bush good energy, so that he realizes, and helps this poor people down there, otherwise he?d be fucked, and he woun?t do his job right.
I don?t like him for many things, but he?s the extension of power and ego-games in america, and i have to live with that. But he is also my own extension, he represents those ego-games of my counsciousness too. So i try loving him too, to let him also evolve. Giving a chance to the most hated person on earth is a real big deal. But it may be worth  for other humans in crisis at the moment.
Love+Light Hongo

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4612116 - 09/02/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Why didn't Bush come to New Orleans last week and drive these New Orleans city school buses out?
WHY????

WHY????

WHY????

This is all Bush's fault!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: hongo]
    #4612142 - 09/02/05 01:41 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

There's a time for sending him good energy and there's a time to light his ass up. Actually, I'm lying about there being a time for sending him good energy. I feel that sending bad energy to bad people makes things more positive.

Destroy.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4612181 - 09/02/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
There's a time for sending him good energy and there's a time to light his ass up. Actually, I'm lying about there being a time for sending him good energy. I feel that sending bad energy to bad people makes things more positive.

Destroy.

I'm concentrating on you right now. Can you feel it?

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4612244 - 09/02/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

Why didn't Bush come to New Orleans last week and drive these New Orleans city school buses out?
WHY????

That picture is worth a thousand words. George Bush could have used those buses to evacuate the city.

I love the glee of blaming George Bush for everything.

WHY????

WHY????

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: New Orleans - Bush knew [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4612278 - 09/02/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I'm feeling love. Am I right?

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4612287 - 09/02/05 02:10 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I still don't understand why this is Bush's fault.

I'm pretty sure he is not in control of FEMA or the deployment of various state's National Guards. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4612397 - 09/02/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I'm feeling love. Am I right?

Oh yes, absolutely. And flowers too, you should be feeling flowers all over your.... No wait, the flowers are for Jiggy. Never mind.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4612409 - 09/02/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

He is absolutely not in charge of the National Guard in this matter. Totally governor decision. FEMA is different but I think he called a state of emergency before the storm hit so they were released anyway.

--------------------

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
    #4612464 - 09/02/05 03:04 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I find myself at a point where finally once I don't think bush should take much of the blame here. It seems to me like this is something any president would leave up to FEMA. But I think bush needs to remove some people at FEMA or it is going to look like he condones there slow reaction time.

Once again, I not saying those that have been there from the begining and working hard are slow. But there needed to be much, much more supplies sent in right away and there just plain wasn't. However, if this has ANYTHING to do with our national guard in iraq then this falls under bush's fault. Although it looks alot more like lack of leadership at FEMA is to blame from my point of view.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

General Interest >> Political Discussion