Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand
 User Gallery
Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial
    #4611724 - 09/02/05 09:52 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial
Friday, September 02, 2005
Of Our Lebanon County Bureau

LEBANON - A trial was ordered for a Lebanon man accused of running an illegal drug lab.

Matthew Shearer, 25, now of the 100 block of West Sheridan Avenue, Annville, waived his preliminary hearing yesterday on charges that include possession of methamphetamine, manufacturing a controlled substance, reckless endangerment and risking a catastrophe.

Last week, Shearer pleaded guilty to charges of attempt to manufacture hallucinogenic mushrooms, attempted possession of hallucinogenic mushrooms and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is scheduled to be sentenced on those charges Oct. 26.

The charges in both cases stem from a methamphetamine lab and hallucinogenic-mushroom operation officers found in the Maple Street apartment from which he had been evicted, police said. Detectives with the county drug task force said they found the lab during raids in Shearer's home and the homes of 20 suspected drug dealers April 27.

After finding the lab, a team of detectives that included two chemists investigated the house, police said. There the team found hallucinogenic mushrooms, a rifle, a handgun and $1,800 in cash, police said.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial [Re: motaman]
    #4611742 - 09/02/05 10:04 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well, if you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right....  :tongue2:

Loc: Flag
Re: Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial [Re: motaman]
    #5033505 - 12/08/05 12:37 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Drug lab operator draws time in prison
December 8, 2005 - ldnews.com

A 26-year-old man who set up a methamphetamine lab and an operation to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms in two city homes was sentenced to six to 23 months in the county prison yesterday.

Matthew Shearer, 143 W. Sheridan Ave., Annville, was among 20 people arrested in an April 27 drug raid conducted by the Lebanon City/County Unified Narcotics Drug Task Force.

Police had been looking for him since discovering the mushroom operation on Oct. 25, 2004, when they searched an apartment at 612 Maple St. from which Shearer had been evicted, according to court records. Police said they found hundreds of jars containing growing material for hallucinogenic mushrooms. No hallucinogenic mushrooms were found in the apartment, according to testimony at Shearer?s preliminary hearing earlier this year.

When police went to arrest Shearer in April, they found evidence of a methamphetamine lab in his residence in the 800 block of South Sixth Street. Because of the danger meth labs pose, police closed the street and called in a state police Clandestine Lab Response Team to remove the chemicals.

?It was a pretty amateurish type of thing,? defense attorney Harry Fenton said yesterday of the two operations.

Fenton described Shearer?s activities as a hobby.

First Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Gettle scoffed at Fenton?s characterization of Shearer?s activities.

?This is a heck of a hobby,? Gettle said.

Police enter suspected meth labs in protective suits because the chemicals used in making methamphetamine are hazardous, she said.

?This stuff is dangerous,? Gettle said.

Judge John C. Tylwalk said he would not address the claim that Shearer?s activities fell into the category of being a hobby. People usually find out about meth labs after they have blown up, he said.

Shearer apologized to his family.

?I realize these are very serious charges,? he said. ?It?s definitely the biggest mistake of my life, and I?ll definitely never do anything to get in trouble ever again.?

Laura Wilkins, Hershey, told the judge Shearer is the father of her 7-year-old son and called him ?a very good father.?

Even though she and Shearer are no longer romantically involved, Wilkins said, he had been a good influence for her son and has provided for him.

?He?s always made sure his son?s taken care of,? Wilkins said.

Shearer pleaded guilty earlier this year to attempted manufacture of hallucinogenic mushrooms, attempted possession of hallucinogenic mushrooms, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to manufacture methamphetamine, risking a catastrophe, possession of ammonia gas and other chemicals to make methamphetamine, recklessly endangering another person and possession of methamphetamine.

He was also fined $2,900 and ordered to pay restitution of $2,010 to the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Forensic Services.

InvisibleKoala Koolio

Re: Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial [Re: veggie]
    #5041198 - 12/09/05 10:17 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

6 to 23 months? Not a bad deal at all. I've heard of small time mushroom growers getting worse. But with the most 'evil plague' in the world today? A meth lab?

You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: Man accused of running drug lab to stand trial [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5041258 - 12/09/05 10:37 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

'attemted possesion of hallucogenic mushrooms' you either have them or you don't, can't predict the future can you?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service